Wioslea - BD36

GNT

Reaction score
Wioslea is rumoured for the ANH wave in 2008...will you be buying Wioslea?

wikia

Thoughts on seeing this character in plastic?

Reaction score
Re: Wioslea

Yes, I am definately interested in this figure. It's a very funky looking creature. It would be great for the Mos Eisley streets diorama. Hasbro seems to do quite well with those big, ugly creatures.

Reaction score

I'll probably buy it. I've been a sucker for cantina aliens lately. He's not among my most wanted, but if it's a decent figure, I'll get it.

Reaction score

Aww, how can I say no to that pretty face?

I'll get her - & yeah it has potential for a good Jedi custom too if the body's going to be articulated enough..

Reaction score

I think I might buy this figure - I didn't realise that she buys looks speeder in the film, but having seen ANH again (and again) this character looks intriguing. Hopefully she'll have a hood as well.

Reaction score

Yep. Count me in. . . FINALLY! Some OT love at long last. . . Gee, I don't think I have gone this many months without buying a fig since the 1980s . . .

Reaction score

Yup I echo people's who couldnt love this character sentiments, I will be getting this one, and it would be good if she came with a wire/soft hood.

Reaction score

Definitely all about this one! While it should just be a new head sculpt, she figured somewhat prominently in the Mos Eisley sequence as the speeder merchant that bought Luke's speeder. Definitely checks one of the list for me, but like others have noted, no where near the top of the Cantina list for me! Glad to see a couple coming, but boy, let's get around to the Saurins folks, they get more screen time than half the aliens they've already done!

'78

Reaction score

Okay, I'm probably in the minority on this concept --- but I am definitely hoping for soft goods. . . I mean. . . she's gotta fit into that newly purchased land speeder, right?

PS -- So agree with you, Since1978 about the Saurins. While Wisolea is quite high on my list. . . Brainiac is pretty far down there, wayyyyyy below the Saurins the other Duro. . . or the lamprey thing alien. . .

Reaction score

MARK2D2 said:
Okay, I'm probably in the minority on this concept --- but I am definitely hoping for soft goods. . . I mean. . . she's gotta fit into that newly purchased land speeder, right?
I'd be all for soft goods actually. I think it'd work with this figure

also, found this

at www.loresdelsith.net

Just look at those hands! Hope Hasbro do their research on this one.

Reaction score

I worry that this figure won't be able to stand so well (Giant head + skinny body = Another Yarael Poof), but that makes me no less enthusiastic. Bring her on.

Reaction score

didn't she have a hood in ANH? Because this pic is the Decipher photoshop, obviously.

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm hoping she comes with her hood. I think that a soft-goods hood would be best, so long as it's not randomly gigantic. Wouldn't mind ye olde sculpted hoode as well, but then we wouldn't get to see her crazy facial features.

Reaction score

I really hope they won't do a sculpted hood. The soft hood and cloak for Garindan worked out great, so hopefully they will go the same route for this figure. It'd be a shame not to have complete access to such a bizarre alien head.

In any case, I will definitely get this figure. One of my very top Cantina (or nearby the Cantina) aliens that I wanted to get made!

Reaction score

darthconlan said:
Why, is she in Jedi robes?
No one knew about jedi robes in 1977

This is the fig that I am most looking forward to. This is one of my most wanted and definately highest priority from ANH.

Reaction score

darthconlan said:
grrr thats probably my #1 pet peeve in all of star wars.
that the normal civilian desert people clothes of tattoine have been turned into the traditional jedi outfit because obi wan wore them.do people not understand that ben was hiding and not flaunting around in jedi robes.

andway i love cantina guys,and have alway liked wioslea,but its the last cantina figure i ever thought they would make just because it seems it would be very hard to make that head with all the appendages look good.

Reaction score

E_CHU_TA said:
darthconlan said:
Mine, too. It's so silly! The whole Jedi robes thing made no sense. Ben is in hiding and so he runs around wearing a Jedi uniform? Um, okay. . .

Reaction score

Sorry for bringing it up guys. I thought Echos point was a good one so to the hiding. Thanks

Reaction score

It took 'em 31 years to bring us this news and finally we're gettin' a Wioslea!
Put me down for two!

Reaction score

E_CHU_TA said:
that the normal civilian desert people clothes of tattoine have been turned into the traditional jedi outfit because obi wan wore them.do people not understand that ben was hiding and not flaunting around in jedi robes.

andway i love cantina guys,and have alway liked wioslea,but its the last cantina figure i ever thought they would make just because it seems it would be very hard to make that head with all the appendages look good.
I believe there was a little blurb in the Episode I Visual Dictionary talking about how Jedi wear robes that are similar to those worn by regular folks throughout the galaxy, to show that they are one with the common people or something.

But anyhoo, I've wanted this figure for a long time and will gladly purchase it. It's not like I've been buying anything else lately!

Reaction score

Ok that image I posted has disappeared - I guess hotlinking isn't allowed for that site *my bad*.

Here's a link to Wioslea's page, just to show more images, including one of Hoove-like hands, which I hope Hasbro get right:

http://www.loresdelsith.net/universo/aliens/c_vuvrianos.htm

just scroll down to the bottom of the page for the cool picture. Mark Hamill looks impressed!

GNT

Reaction score

matt292 said:
Here's a link to Wioslea's page, just to show more images, including one of Hoove-like hands, which I hope Hasbro get right
Err I don't like those hands because they look silly and out of place, I hope Hasbro actually change them but I'm not going to lose sleep over it if they dont.

Reaction score

Hasbro would never allow an alien figure to not be able to hold a gun, so I'm sure they won't be going with the hooves.

Reaction score

Maybe either of these possibilities...
A) comes w/ 2 sets of interchangeable hands or B) has both hands attached where if wrists are turned 1 way, you only see the hoof/cup hands, but rotate wrists to reveal hands like in middle of the page linked above.

Instead of more bar sections, I'd like to see each of the 3 aliens in this wave to include a piece of the drink dispenser but I'm sure Habro won't do that along w/ the droid pieces included.

Oh yeah, option C- considering his clothing, Hasbro could even throw in a lightsaber and make up some lost Jedi EU story just to get around the hands holding a blaster issue.

Reaction score

I see three fingered hands and not hooves in that picture.

*Edit* Nevermind I didn't see the real picture at the bottom I stopped at the art.

I don't know what I'd want, hooves are true to the movie but without fingers the figure can't hold a drink.

Reaction score

Yup, strangely enough not every figure should come with a blaster to hold.

I like the hands remind me of the Vintage BSG Imperial Leader figure.

Reaction score

If Hasbro wants to put a gun in there- and I'm sure they do- they can come up with a way to clip it on to the wrist or something. No need to alter the hands just for the gun.

Reaction score

Connyr said:
Yup, strangely enough not every figure should come with a blaster to hold.

I like the hands remind me of the Vintage BSG Imperial Leader figure.
I so agree. Thanks for posting that picture, too, whoever did that. . . The more and more I look at this, the more and more it appears that soft goods will make or break this figure. . . Oh, sure, I'll probably buy it either way. . . But Wioslea practically BEGS for soft-goods both with the hood issues and the fact that he's supposed to drive off in his recently purchased Landspeeder. . .

Reaction score

One of the most interesting characters of the whole movies !

- more than strange look

- full of mysteries ...

However, I cannot find the text anymore (I thought it was in the Technical Commentaries hosted over there at www.TheForce.net, but I can't find it anymore), where someone mused about the fact that nearly ALL people living on Tatooine wear something that resembles Jedi clothes ...

I think, the author also had Wioslea in mind.

This leads to Ben Kenobi not being detected on Tatooine, since almost EVERYONE wars similar light robes ...

I thought that this was an interesting thought.

Reaction score

While it's true not every figure should come with a gun, it's a little disappointing or leaves an empty feeling when you buy a figure at full price with no accessories. Po Nudo was great but they could have thrown something else in to add value.

Reaction score

CaptainJack said:
If Hasbro wants to put a gun in there- and I'm sure they do- they can come up with a way to clip it on to the wrist or something. No need to alter the hands just for the gun.
Bingo, like the POTF2 Ackbar. Really though I'd rather they threw in some Tatooine junk then a blaster (maybe that WED droid with the blue head?). I'm thinking though with Hasbro's latest offerings, the figure will come with no accessories. They've gotten lazy and stingy as of late.

Reaction score

I'll admit this is a lame idea, but it would almost be cool if he came with the bird alien's legs that look like stilts that walk across the screen during his appearance in the movie. Although, obviously most people would probably want more than just the legs!

Reaction score

AlrikFassbauer said:
One of the most interesting characters of the whole movies !

- more than strange look

- full of mysteries ...

However, I cannot find the text anymore (I thought it was in the Technical Commentaries hosted over there at www.TheForce.net, but I can't find it anymore), where someone mused about the fact that nearly ALL people living on Tatooine wear something that resembles Jedi clothes ...

I think, the author also had Wioslea in mind.

This leads to Ben Kenobi not being detected on Tatooine, since almost EVERYONE wars similar light robes ...

I thought that this was an interesting thought.
That's dumb. I hate these fan-made commentaries. Obi-Wan could have easily found a planet where everyone wears purple jumpsuits, and still be undetected. He didn't HAVE to wear those robes. Luke was sent to Tatooine to live with the Lars family because they were family.