Will You Be Collecting The Clone Wars Toyline?

Favourite film of 2004?

• Alien Vs. Predator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Around the World in 80 Days

• Blade: Trinity

• Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

• Catwoman

• Christmas with the Kranks

• Dawn of the Dead

• Dodgeball

• Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

• Fahrenheit 9/11

• Finding Neverland

• Garfield: The Movie

• Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

• Hellboy

• I, Robot

• Kill Bill (Vol. 2)

• King Arthur

• Ladder 49

• Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Meet the Fockers

• Ocean's Twelve

• Saw

• Secret Window

• Shark Tale

• Shaun of the Dead

• Shrek 2

• Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

• Spider-Man 2

• Starsky and Hutch

• Super Size Me

• The Aviator

• The Bourne Supremacy

• The Butterfly Effect

• The Chronicles of Riddick

• The Day After Tomorrow

• The Girl Next Door

• The Grudge

• The Incredibles

• The Ladykillers

• The Notebook

• The Passion of the Christ

• The Phantom of the Opera

• The Punisher

• The Terminal

• The Village

• Touching the Void

• Troy

• Van Helsing

• 13 Going on 30

• 50 First Dates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Reaction score
DarthKozy said:
stuff about existing collections
I never said what people should or shouldn't buy. I never said anything about what people should or shouldn't display in their personal collections. If people want to insert those silly CW figures into their ROTS or TSC collections, by all means. It'll look silly, but if that's what folks want, then sure. I myself have the recent comic pack Anakin leading the AOTC clones. But I won't have CW Anakin leading the ROTS 501st. It just won't fit. So unfortunately the point won't go away because it all stems from the look of the figures themselves - they'll fit, if you want to start an entirely new collection, which at this point, I personally don't and won't.

DarthKozy said:
i also don't make it a point to go into each and every thread about those items to let everyone else know how much i dislike them.
I hope you're not implying that I do. Because I don't. I myself dislike when people do that. So please, be sure of what you're referring to before making assumptions.

Sol

Reaction score
Jedieb said:
Glad to see that you won't be bored enough to continue whining and crying about how Hasbro hasn't given you exactly what you wanted.
LOL! Tell me, what exactly did I want? I don't even recall voting in any fan polls. Do you recall me voting in any polls? I just buy what I like... silly. And what I do is discuss and debate. Maybe that looks like whining and crying to someone of that mentality that can't handle and can't identify a proper discussion...

Jedieb said:
This is one reason why I'm glad they went animated. It's annoying a small, self entitled group of collectors who can't stand to see anyone get figures they don't want.
"Self entitled group of collectors" applies to all of us. You want to go around pointing fingers, calling others self entitled as if every figure that's ever been released was one that you were looking forward to... please...

Jedieb said:
And since the show will be on for around 5 years get your fingers ready, you've got a lot of typing and whining to do in the years to come.
Why? I'll be watching, like the rest of us, and chances are, I'll enjoy the show. I hope it goes on for more than five years. Not sure what your point is here...

Jedieb said:
Don't like them, don't buy them.
Well, one can't argue with logic like that...

Reaction score
BIGJIM said:
Besides, they tried the Clone Wars a few years ago.
How much you want to bet half of these figures are repaints/repacks????
do you mean repaints and repacks of the previous CW line? If so, I'd say there's 0% chance of that. If you mean repacks and repaints of the all new sculpts that were just unveiled, sure they'll repaint the clones until the cows come home, but i can't see them repacking any of these figures unless they become wildly popular and go on for ever thus repacking them to get them back on the market.

Reaction score
Sol said:
DarthKozy said:
stuff about existing collections
I never said what people should or shouldn't buy. I never said anything about what people should or shouldn't display in their personal collections. If people want to insert those silly CW figures into their ROTS or TSC collections, by all means. It'll look silly, but if that's what folks want, then sure. I myself have the recent comic pack Anakin leading the AOTC clones. But I won't have CW Anakin leading the ROTS 501st. It just won't fit. So unfortunately the point won't go away because it all stems from the look of the figures themselves - they'll fit, if you want to start an entirely new collection, which at this point, I personally don't and won't.

DarthKozy said:
i also don't make it a point to go into each and every thread about those items to let everyone else know how much i dislike them.
I hope you're not implying that I do. Because I don't. I myself dislike when people do that. So please, be sure of what you're referring to before making assumptions.

sorry if it seemed like i was talking directly to you, but i just replied to the last post in the thread at the time (by the time i hit submit, 3 or 4 other people had posted) - but none of my comments were aimed at you Sol. These are just my overall feelings on the discussion at hand. It seems like we agree on the point of each persons individual collections in that it shouldn't be anyone else's business what or how anybody collects or displays their stuff.

And the comment about going into other threads and moaning about things that i don't like was most definately not aimed at you - again, just making a point that we could spend all day complaining about things that we don't like, i prefer to not go down that road myself. Having said that, i understand that this line is still very new to us and we all have opinions on them one way or the other (that's obvious!) - i thinks it's very strange how polarizing this whole thing is, I've never seen so many of us so passionate over a line unveiling. In some ways it's good for the hobby in others i think it can cause a lot of in-fighting which sucks because if we could wrangle up this energy and focus it into something productive, maybe we could get Hasbro to listen to us as a whole.

Sol

Reaction score
DarthKozy said:
These are just my overall feelings on the discussion at hand. It seems like we agree on the point of each persons individual collections in that it shouldn't be anyone else's business what or how anybody collects or displays their stuff.
Agreed. Thank you.

DarthKozy said:
And the comment about going into other threads and moaning about things that i don't like was most definitely not aimed at you - again, just making a point that we could spend all day complaining about things that we don't like, i prefer to not go down that road myself.
I see. And you're right, these topics can go in circles all day ad infinitum, unfortunately.

DarthKozy said:
I've never seen so many of us so passionate over a line unveiling.
It's funny, this whole hobby of ours. I bet if we dig deep enough, we can find similar discussions about almost every single line released.

DarthKozy said:
In some ways it's good for the hobby in others i think it can cause a lot of in-fighting which sucks because if we could wrangle up this energy and focus it into something productive, maybe we could get Hasbro to listen to us as a whole.
I don't think it's in-fighting if both sides of the argument understand that it's only opinions that are being put onto the screen. It's nothing personal, maybe some mockery, but it should all be taken with a grain of salt, as all discussions should be.

Reaction score
No question about it, some people take the contrary arguments more personally than others, so it can get a little heated. I've relaxed about this line a lot. I still don't like it, but at the same time, I don't need another action feature Yoda, so in that regard, I'm glad some people can have fun with it. Now going forward I'm sure there are going to be clone variants and such that I'm going to want, but those are going to be easy money changes for Hasbro to make to existing toolings. Obviously we're going to have to wait for this series to come out, but I'm guessing since most of what we've seen in the trailers are the same old characters, that there will be 1/3 or less of the line that we're really going to be asking for in the form of re-dos. I can wait - frankly I'd rather they spend that money on OT variants than clone variants...

I hope it's a great success, I hope they make a lot of money with it, and hope that it funds all kinds of OT, and to a certain extent PT, goodness for us!

As noted I'm going to lock this one up, and open a new series of polls - check back through the day.

'78

Status
Not open for further replies.