Will You Be Collecting The Clone Wars Toyline?

Favourite film of 2004?

• Alien Vs. Predator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Around the World in 80 Days

• Blade: Trinity

• Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

• Catwoman

• Christmas with the Kranks

• Dawn of the Dead

• Dodgeball

• Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

• Fahrenheit 9/11

• Finding Neverland

• Garfield: The Movie

• Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

• Hellboy

• I, Robot

• Kill Bill (Vol. 2)

• King Arthur

• Ladder 49

• Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Meet the Fockers

• Ocean's Twelve

• Saw

• Secret Window

• Shark Tale

• Shaun of the Dead

• Shrek 2

• Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

• Spider-Man 2

• Starsky and Hutch

• Super Size Me

• The Aviator

• The Bourne Supremacy

• The Butterfly Effect

• The Chronicles of Riddick

• The Day After Tomorrow

• The Girl Next Door

• The Grudge

• The Incredibles

• The Ladykillers

• The Notebook

• The Passion of the Christ

• The Phantom of the Opera

• The Punisher

• The Terminal

• The Village

• Touching the Void

• Troy

• Van Helsing

• 13 Going on 30

• 50 First Dates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GNT

Reaction score
With the Clone Wars set to come out in a few more months, I thought I'd get a poll started to see if fans would be collecting this line or not? Please select the answer below that best suits you.

Keep in mind at the time of this post Im not sure if we're getting animated or realistic figures!

After voting please take a moment and let us know how you voted

Reaction score
I only want two figures from this line - Ahsoka and Asajj. If they are animated, PASS!

Reaction score
After the exciting and overwhelming year of 2007 that saw the 30th Anniversary Collection, I think I'm going to have to be more selective with my purchases.

I would prefer "realistic"-style figures. I personally think they look better and would have better articulation. But I get the feeling that some of the figures might turn out in the animated style. I just don't like the animated figures, and if that happens, I might save some money this year.

Reaction score
This may be the first time where I draw a line in the sand - if they're animated, I am very likely NOT getting them. Will REALLY depend on what I hopefully see next weekend...

Of course there's nothing to say that they can't circle back and include some of the new stuff in the main line later on, and that would probably work for me...

Part of me does understand the need to market the line to kids, to get them re-interested, and on that front, I can almost see the NEED to do them animated...

We shall see!

'78

Reaction score
I voted yes on animated, but to tell the truth, I think it's too early to know. We haven't seen a single photo of this line!

Reaction score
I'll definitely be interested if the figures are realistic, but if not then I'll wait and see what we get and decide after.

Reaction score
I'm anticipating that this line will be realistic, which I will collect. If they are animated, then I will buy one and skip the rest.

Reaction score
I'll be buying them no matter what the style is. There's room for both in my collection. If they're animated they gotta have more articulation than the first series did, cuz if they don't then I'll be passing.

Reaction score
If realistic, yes. If animated then I'll get an Anakin to keep carded and skip the rest...

Reaction score
Realistic, then I'm in 100%.

If animated, I have to wait until I see pics. And like '78 said, this may be the first time I draw the line as a Hasbro collector.

The traditional basic line is aimed at kids 4 and up. We don't need animated figures to get kids hooked.

A New Hope was for kids. Somehow, over 30 years, (Ewoks, Jar Jar, Galactic Heroes) kids are apparently generally viewed more as nimrods today. Now we need animated figures because kids can't appreciate realistically styled action figures? They need to be exaggerated caricatures with cutsie faces?

Realistic figures have and will continue to appeal to all ages!!!!! And they fit into the current line of approximately 1200 unique figures!

Yes the circumstances were different, but animated figures have failed, sputtered, stalled, or for whatever reason seen only limited runs in 30 years of figures at this scale. Why should this be different?

Hasbro, let's keep it real!

Reaction score
If they are realistic then I will pickup the cool and interesting (to me) figures. Pretty sure I wont be getting everything.
If they are in the animated style I might pickup a couple interesting figures.

Sol

Reaction score
I'm in the "Other" category.

It really, really depends on what's offered. I wasn't initially going to get any, but if they look good enough in their realistic form, then I may be swayed to pick some up. I'm not overly thrilled about this line, especially not really knowing what's going to be released. But, if they're animated, then it's a simple pass for me. Again, it all comes down to what the end product looks like.

Reaction score
I'm only interested in the figures if they are *not* animated. That being said, I will only be getting figures I'm interested in, which refers to new characters and "very new" versions of existing characters.

Reaction score
maybe, maybe not, it depends on what they look like if they are animated like the previous ones then no I wont, but if not then I probably will, it all depends on what they look like

Reaction score
For me, everthing depends on the style of the figures.
Animated - I'll save alot of money this year.
Realistic - I'll pick and choose.
I've seen the rumor list and there's only a couple of figures that interest me.
Ashoka, Ventress, Oddball, Rex, Dooku (maybe).
After seeing the Anakin that comes in the two pack with Durge, I can't imagine that the Anakin in this line will be much better.

Reaction score
Hasbro is really Damned if they do & Damned if they don't with these figures.

If that list is accurate & they are "Realistic," then it seems that most of the collectors on these boards will pass on the majority of those figures, since they feel that most of them are already in their collection in one form or the other.

If they are in the "Animated" style, which I strongly believe they will be, they'll lose those realistic collectors anyway, so they've decided to focus on the fans that are brought in by watching the series, giving them what they want, representations of the characters as they actually see them in the series.

I do however feel that they will gear any vehicles in this line to be less stylized, especially if said vehicle has it's roots in the films, like the AT-TE.

Reaction score
I'll buy a few, but I won't buy them as religiously as I buy the basic figures. Even if they're animated, I'll get a few.

Reaction score
I'm probably going to get suckered in if they're realistic, but I'm not really excited by the whole concept. It just doesn't seem like there's any point in telling more Clone Wars stories now that ROTS is done. I have absolutely no interest in Dooku or Asaaj Ventress storylines. They're done as far as I'm concerned. I really wish they'd done something new for the animated series. KOTOR era stuff or post ROTJ would've been so much more interesting.

Reaction score
If these are animated, then I will have to pass on pretty much all of them. Only the new Jedi will I buy no matter what. haha

Reaction score
I am definately going to collect. It's something new (and pretty exciting IMO). However, that said, I am REALLY tired of this whole realistic vs animated debate. Sorry folks, these will be ANIMATED. Everything points in that direction. I feel these boards are going to explode with ENDLESS complaining the day the pictures surface.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I feel these boards are going to explode with ENDLESS complaining the day the pictures surface.

[/QUOTE]

So in other words, business as usual.

Reaction score
As the show will be CGI - as in ANIMATED - I think it's a safe bet that the figs. will be Animated-style. Probably very similar to the Cartoon Network Clone Wars figs, but a lot more articulated.

GNT

Reaction score
GKinCT said:
Nice avatar GNT!
Thanks GKinCT, it was very fitting with the new section and the upcoming show!

I'll be collecting the line no matter what but I'd prefer Animated figures at the end of the day. Time will tell!

Reaction score
nagauthier said:
I really wish they'd done something new for the animated series. KOTOR era stuff or post ROTJ would've been so much more interesting.
Oh don't worry, if this CW bit is successful, I'm sure storylines from those eras will eventually be explored in one realtime format or another.

Reaction score
As always, I'll pick and choose, but I imagine I'll be a lot more selective with this line than others. I certainly won't buy any animated-style figures, and I'm not going to buy any Clone repacks. Right now the only Clones I army build are the Phase I types.

Reaction score
To me, a lot of it is going to depend on whether or not the series is satisfactory. If the figures are animated, I won't buy any, but if they are realistic, I'll get movie characters that have been significantly upgraded in some way, and any characters from the series that I find particularly interesting. Also, I doubt I'll be buying any more clones for the next several years.

Reaction score
Since1978 said:
This may be the first time where I draw a line in the sand - if they're animated, I am very likely NOT getting them.
nomadscout said:
If animated, I have to wait until I see pics. And like '78 said, this may be the first time I draw the line as a Hasbro collector.
I'll draw my line in the sand here and now. If they are animated, I WILL NOT be buying ANY of them. Regardless of how articulated they are or how good they look, I won't pick up non-realistic looking figures.

I view it as a separate hobby. I've been developing a collection that's pretty vast and covers a lot of ground in the Star Wars mythos. I can recreate a number of scenes with that collection, and especially since I got back into collecting a few years ago that has been my motive to continue. I want to recreate great scenes from the story (mostly the movies, but also the Clone Wars era). Animated figures simply don't fit in anywhere.

I'd also like to echo nomadscout's sentiments. Kids are already interested in realistic figures, they don't need animated versions to sustain that interest, nor to correlate the figures with the TV show. Some kids are probably a bit OCD (like me, in the comical undiagnosed sense) and will protest the notion of figures that don't match the ones they've already been collecting. In the mean time, with this thread as evidence, that trajectory will lose Hasbro business on the collector's end.

If they turn out to be animated, I will probably start collecting Indiana Jones. I'm already interested, I'll be financially a bit freed up with less Star Wars to collect, and I expect Indy to be a fairly short-lived line (gone in two years), so it won't be such a huge long term investment. I'll have just enough to enjoy and display while watching the films.

Reaction score
Personally, I think I'll be a little disappointed if all of the CW3D offerings will be in the animated style. That said, I could see myself getting a few of those figures if they looked good.

Reaction score
iamjangofett75 said:
If they turn out to be animated, I will probably start collecting Indiana Jones.
This isn't the first time I've seen someone write this. Between the animated controversy, as well as the delay in certain product from the main line...

I call conspiracy!

Reaction score
I'll have to wait til I see the show and the figures; it's not an automatic yes for me, so I put "Other."

I'm starting to feel a little EU'd out after the past year. Some of the offerings have been cool, some an easy pass. It might be time to go movies-only for me...time will tell!

Reaction score
I'm a def. OT Junkie, however if these figures are done in realistic style, I'll prob. pick up the ones I want and leave the rest.

Reaction score
Well I'll be collecting the entire line no matter what Hasbro gives us. I am excited about the coming year and can't wait to see what it brings

Reaction score
I'm going to be selective. If the figures are animated, I won't buy them unless they fit in with the realistic figures that we are used to now.

Reaction score
Yeah i don't usually like to make "All or nothing" decisions but if they do end up being animated they better hope that "Possible Boba Fett appearance" happens cause that will be the one exception that i'de buy a few of these. I would HOPE that because the AT-TE is realistic looking that the figures will be too, But after seeing that the release for that may be in july and not be in the actual CW line i'm not sure. On top of that the vintage droids line used the realistic vehicle molds so I don't know anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.