Will there be another Ford send in?

Reaction score
I received a mail for a 3rd Ford send in recently.
I would need a Hamill send in for some items...
Chris

Reaction score
So I got my poster back,its beautiful with the linen backing.

Now I know this needs Ford, but what would this be worth with him on it? I'm trying to convince the wife that I need to do it to make the poster more valuable in the long term. It isnt going anywhere soon but eventually it will move on. There is a spot right above Carrie that I'd want his sig. FWIW it has all the main cast, minus the ones who sadly passed before I started it - the main gang are all there though,Leia,Luke,R2,3P0,Chewie so it needs Ford.
Screenshot_20200904-223445_Gallery.jpg

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat bro, beautiful poster. I just dropped the hammer on having my sw style d poster signed by Ford. I can't stand the idea of mailing it. I am going to insure it for 50 k before I mail it...go for it you may not get another shot...

Reaction score
Morning Folks,
It's been a long time since I've been on the boards. Your poster looks great, Lee! I remember seeing it grow over the years.
I am posting because I too received notification about the Ford signing and am debating whether to mail out our New Hope poster to get Ford and complete the main cast, less Guinness. If OP was offering this signing, I would hesitate less to part with it. OP has a stellar track record for send-ins. I have dealt with Derek and Coolwaters a couple times at shows and everything went well, but I have never done a send-in with them. I know nothing about KLF Sports and Google points to a few instances years ago that raised credibility questions over signings with Ridley and Johnny Manziel. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Reaction score
Hey Bubba,

Thanks bud.

I'm in no doubt that our items will be looked after, what concerns me more is the overall cost of customs and vat I will pay when it gets back to the UK. I would insure it for £5I when sending it but I'm dreading the extra costs when it gets back to the UK.

I'm hoping another collector who sent in from the UK can chime in here and let me know how much the VAT etc was.

Reaction score
I can only tell for Germany: it is sent to you with the actual invoice (that was about 3000 USD for my last Ford sent-in) and I had to pay 25,5 % import fees in total (19% VAT + 6,5% import fees).
I guess it will be 20% VAT in the UK + the import fee (collectibles or memorabilia are 6,5% in Germany, don't how how much it is in the UK).
Chris

Reaction score
Wow, i may aswell just sell my poster and stick to collecting signed cards. So basically my cost plus return post was around £1250 and id have to pay £250 in VAT / import fees.

Reaction score
If you have Fisher, Hamill, Cushing, and Guinness signatures on it I would go the way to get Ford as well, then your poster would be almost a one of a kind.
I can find Fisher and Hamill on it.
Chris