Why isn't there an NYC board?

Reaction score
Why isn\'t there an NYC board?

Yeah, I'm working in NY this summer. Why isn't there a board for the city? Anyway.....I found 500th Vader....thats the only new thing I've seen. No Tarkin, No Bacarra, No new Deluxe. This sux.

Reaction score
Re: Why isn\'t there an NYC board?

SithProphet said:
Yeah, I'm working in NY this summer. Why isn't there a board for the city? Anyway.....I found 500th Vader....thats the only new thing I've seen. No Tarkin, No Bacarra, No new Deluxe. This sux.
I agree...no NYC Post is ridiculous! There are over 8 million people in this city. You would think we could represent!

At least an incorporrated "New York State" site would work for us all. I have taken to posting in Announcements as I am in the Lower Hudson Valley. What do you all think???

Reaction score

I usually post NYC related finds in here but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to NYC having it's own thread. I like the idea of a NY state forum and then we could have an LI thread, NYC thread, ustate, etc. threads within.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score

We have a few people post in the Long Island thread regarding finds in NYC, but not many. Other than TRU and KMart, how many other sources are there in the city to search? Unless you include the outer boroughs, which two tend to get posted here.

Feel free to post here in the LI thread about any NYC sightings, we don't bite.

A recommendation that you might want to try, start a NYC finds thread in the Look What I Found forum and post there. Have others from your area post their findings there too. Keep bumping the thread every couple of days so it doesn't fall off the page. Once you've established a viable community there contact Philip and ask to be added as a section. Show that you've got enough traffic to warrant it and I'm sure he will consider it, he's not too unreasonable.

Hope this helps

Mike

Reaction score

if you live on L.I. and you work in NYC, the only place worth checking out is TS TRU when they open. other wise, stick to your L.I. stores.

there is nothing else in NYC except comic shops and a couple collectible toy stores. all sell above retail value though. there is a couple kb's but kb's are kb's, they are all the same.

TS TRU has pros and cons. the pros is that they are great with initial assortments of a toy line and brand new product. they are great because they have bulk in product. they are great because they restock every night.

the cons- because they carry so much bulk, naturally, they are bad with later assortments. this explains why they haven't gotten past #44 and new deluxe. explains why there is so much spider-mans, explains why there is so many VOTC Landos. you can't get new stuff why your pegs are filled with bail organa and palpatine. another con is mostly every toy is a buck more b/c of there high rent prices. it evens out b/c usually you walk to the TS TRU and in L.I. you drive and use gas. some others, the employees are major ebay players and they will hoard anything and everything. it's actually disgusting. there is also personal shopping but it's 90% the employees who hoard the good stuff. the store suprisingly has been cracking down and putting a limit on hot items but that just eliminates the scalpers. they also have a limit right now on #35 palptine which is just wrong.

lastly, there are major scalpers there in the morning, so every prize is a battle.

so in summary, go to TS TRU for stuff like 500 vader, holo yoda, brand new things. don't go for later assortments unless they whole toy line is selling well. if not, by the time they get those later assortments, you will definitly have them already.

one more got thing about TS TRU, they will quickly mark down figures who start to take up space. a VOTC lando for $2.90 ain't bad.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score

Welcome Rigged4War!

Like I suggested earlier, feel free to post in our Long Island thread or start a post in the Area Repost forum for NYC. You could, if you wanted, start a NYC thread here and post there. I'm sure most wouldn't mind.

Mike

Reaction score

they should have a nyc section. I know brooklyn and queens are long island but they are technically a part of nyc and Im sure there are collectors in manhattan, staten island and the bronx that would love to know whats out there.

Reaction score

As being born and raised in the and in the shadow of the greatest city on Earth I have to say NYC is not even a decent place when it comes to collecting Star Wars. Too few places carry the good at retail. I often would trvel to NJ for my Star Wars collecting fix. Especially the strech of stores along Route 17.

BTW New York state has a very active thread under Rochester, NY. We have the biggest collecting community for a city on all of rebelscum.

Reaction score

Maybe if someone from nyc started board, then there would be one from nyc. If you build it, they will come

Reaction score

Except you can't make a forum, you can only make a post. If the post is another forum , how would anyone find it?