Why is there no edit button on the SW: TFA collecting forum?

Reaction score
I'm serious. We need one. Please, moderators, you're our only hope. Or could you explain why there isn't one?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm serious. We need one. Please, moderators, you're our only hope. Or could you explain why there isn't one?
If you are referring to the Hasbro forum, you do have a very limited amount of time to edit your post after you make it and then that's it. We don't allow permanent editing of posts in any forums other than the Classifieds and Limelighting sections to preserve the history of the forum. If someone could always go back and remove parts of the history that they either didn't like or wished to forget, they likely would and then our board would be full of holes and comments that didn't make any sense because the subject title, post or photo they commented on is now missing.

Reaction score
The Hasbro: Limelighting & Display forum has time-limited editing so that's not a blanket rule...

What's the rationale behind some forums having
time-limited editing and others no editing at all? I agree that permanent editing is probably a bad thing, but time-limited editing on all forums would be useful to allow typos and broken links to be corrected. It would also be useful to know what the time limit is so you know how long you've got to make a correction.

Last edited: