Why is "Solo" underperforming at the box office?

Reaction score
Vicky, it's your story and you can spin it any way you want to (and you usually do), but I'm afraid it just isn't going to change the facts. Why exactly do you think I would deny watching your youtube video? Seriously, what would you gain and what would I lose If I had watched it? You're so far down the rabbit hole with this it's almost disturbing.

Do you want me to watch your video? I promise I will, if you'll just kindly tell me if there are any cat girls or bunny girls in it.
I don't care if you did or didn't the fact is you did watch and then surprise surprise you lied about watching it.

And yes as your posts become more "unhinged". Im starting to worry about you. Is everything ok at home?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't care if you did or didn't the fact is you did watch and then surprise surprise you lied about watching it.
If you don't care, why are you trying so hard to convince yourself that I did? Seriously, explain what benefit you think I would get from watching your video and then lying about it?

And yes as your posts become more "unhinged". Im starting to worry about you. Is everything ok at home?
Vicky, you have literally spent the entire day today trying to convince yourself that I watched a youtube video of yours and then lied about it, and you are worried I am unhinged?

I ask you again, of what possible benefit do you think it would be for me to watch the video and then lie about it? Why on Earth would ANYONE in their right mind make something so stupid up? You have not only hit rock bottom with your utterly delusional behavior, but found an industrial strength drill bit and decided to keep on plowing through. I'm genuinely interested in how far you can sink in your manic depravity.

Reaction score
It's probably a good thing that the parents of Jerri's students can't see how the faculty carries itself online.
He is showing incredible patience and conducting himself with great decorum while composing intelligent responses. He probably makes a great professor for college students.

Although in this case he's also showing he would make an excellent kindergarten teacher as well since he's dealing with people of limited intelligence such as Vicarious_Steve and DarkManX.

Reaction score
If you don't care, why are you trying so hard to convince yourself that I did? Seriously, explain what benefit you think I would get from watching your video and then lying about it?

Vicky, you have literally spent the entire day today trying to convince yourself that I watched a youtube video of yours and then lied about it, and you are worried I am unhinged?

I ask you again, of what possible benefit do you think it would be for me to watch the video and then lie about it? Why on Earth would ANYONE in their right mind make something so stupid up? You have not only hit rock bottom with your utterly delusional behavior, but found an industrial strength drill bit and decided to keep on plowing through. I'm genuinely interested in how far you can sink in your manic depravity.
And you are back to just trolling. Here I thought we made some pteogress when you admitted you had watched it.

You constantly make things up and then like about it.

And I agree no one in their right mind would like about something so trivial but you clearly aren't in your right mind

Reaction score
Why is "Solo" underperforming at the box office? (SPOILER-FREE ZONE)

He is showing incredible patience and conducting himself with great decorum while composing intelligent responses. He probably makes a great professor for college students.

Although in this case he's also showing he would make an excellent kindergarten teacher as well since he's dealing with people of limited intelligence such as Vicarious_Steve and DarkManX.
I totally agree. He has entertained Barnacle Steve’s idiocy all day long without ever stooping to his own level.

BS emptied his bag of tricks with fan-favorites of redirection and circular logic, but Jeremiah never took the bait. It looks like now he finally tuckered out from chasing his tail with someone who won’t fall for his utter nonsense. That, or there’s some cute girls in bunny costumes that were just begging to be filmed with a zoom lens from the bushes..

And I believe the topic was “Solo”?

- - - - - edited

Spoke too soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
And you are back to just trolling. Here I thought we made some pteogress when you admitted you had watched it.
And I thought we had made some progress with your spelling, so apparently we can't always get what we want. You did mean progress didn't you? Or is "pteogress" more dumb millennial slang, brought to you in part by the "she garbage" crowd?

You constantly make things up and then like about it.
I like about it? What? I like bunny girls. Do you have any of those in that creepy youtube video of yours?

And I agree no one in their right mind would like about something so trivial but you clearly aren't in your right mind
LOL. I think the word you're looking for is "lie", Vicky. If you are going to insult someone or call them a name, at least make sure you know how to spell it first. Otherwise your response just comes off looking like total "she garbage." Did I use that right, Vicious Barnacle?

Reaction score
And I thought we had made some progress with your spelling, so apparently we can't always get what we want. You did mean progress didn't you? Or is "pteogress" more dumb millennial slang, brought to you in part by the "she garbage" crowd?

I like about it? What? I like bunny girls. Do you have any of those in that creepy youtube video of yours?

LOL. I think the word you're looking for is "lie", Vicky. If you are going to insult someone or call them a name, at least make sure you know how to spell it first. Otherwise your response just comes off looking like total "she garbage." Did I use that right, Vicious Barnacle?
seriously? you want me to name all of the lies you have said?

How about let's just start with you lying about not watching the video.

You admitted you clicked on the link.

Only 1 person has clicked on that link from these boards, that would be you.

1 person with the same IP address that clicked from these boards in Georgia watched it 5 times. That would be you.

You watched it the longest for 2 minutes and then 4 more times for varying lengths.

You keep bringing up bunny girls why? I mean I get that's your fetish but why are you telling everyone what you are into?

Reaction score
So why is "Solo" underperforming at the box office?

Last edited:
Reaction score

I highly doubt that the university he works for would be happy that one of their professors has spent multiple pages hurling childish insults around and making homophobic comments over a movie.

Reaction score

1 person with the same IP address that clicked from these boards in Georgia watched it 5 times. That would be you.

You watched it the longest for 2 minutes and then 4 more times for varying lengths.
You know who's lying Vicky_Steve?? YOU ARE!!

I clicked that link in your signature weeks ago. So Jeremiah wasn't the only one. YOU LIE!
He says he didn't watch the video! I believe him. YOU LIE!
Nobody has watched that video 5 times (except you) YOU LIE!

So take your racist, sexist, homophobic, bigoted, arrogant, childish, immature, ignorant, can't spell lying carcass off these boards.
We don't want or need your kind here.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
See ya wouldn't want to be ya.

Reaction score
I highly doubt that the university he works for would be happy that one of their professors has spent multiple pages hurling childish insults around and making homophobic comments over a movie.
That's highly slanderous. He's never made a homophobic comment ever.

Reaction score
Go ahead. You've obviously got the time, so type that list up for me, Vicky.

How about you explain why you think anyone would need to lie about something like that? It's ridiculous.

According to you.

Again, according to you. I honestly just think you've lost your damn marbles. This conversation is beyond absurd. I honestly don't think I've ever met a more delusional person in my life.

The longest I ever watched it was 2 minutes? How long is the video altogether? Why did I tune out? Was I bored? If I tuned out after 2 minutes, why did I come back 4 more times and watch it for (shorter) varying lengths? Seriously, man. It's like we're watching someone have a mental breakdown before our eyes. You are completely untethered from reality at this point.

You keep bringing up bunny girls why? I mean I get that's your fetish but why are you telling everyone what you are into?
It's a joke, but I'll keep it going for your sake. I asked you about bunny girls because that's what I'm into, Vicky. If you'd just answer my question (are there bunny girls in the video), I'd actually go and watch it for real.

Reaction score
LOL, and here we go. It's DarkManX with the answer to a question nobody asked. What is the answer? Racism, of course. Racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, and Xenophobia. What's the question? Doesn't matter. Answer's always the same. Right, buddy? Did I just about cover all the bases?

By the way, when exactly did I make "homophobic comments" over a movie? Just out of curiosity.

Reaction score
Holy hell, is this crap why I was getting messaged by a bunch of people?

I'm making this post for one reason and one reason only - to back up Jeremiah, who doesn't need it, but this exposes Steve's idiocy in deciphering "analytics".

I clicked on that link months ago. How else do you think I knew your whole film "career" was youtube docs on gaming and cosplay, and how I was able to trace back to your real name, you a**wipe? I'm certainly not from Georgia either - not even in the US for that matter.

Your accusations against Jeremiah FAIL, as they typically do.

Now that that's done, back to avoiding this community and toxic tools like Steve and DarkManRacist like the plague. Please no more PM's guys about this stuff - I really am done, and making posts like this one just makes me look like I'm not serious.

Ian

Reaction score
For those who decide to chime in with out reading all the responses,
we are not talking about months ago we are talk about June 22nd. In which one unique user from the Rebelscum forums from Georgia watched the video. Jeremiah already admitted it was him who clicked on the link. Case closed

Last edited:
Reaction score
So am I to understand that Solo underperformed at the box office because the Star Wars fans were busy watching the video in Vicarious's signature?

I am really trying to figure out how the past few pages of trolling back and forth can be justified here, guys. In trying to prove a point against "the other guy" you just make yourself look bad, it doesn't matter what side of the argument you started on.

Hopefully a moderator does finally show up and sort you all out. If you can't follow the rules by yourselves you shouldn't have the priveldge of access.

Reaction score
So am I to understand that Solo underperformed at the box office because the Star Wars fans were busy watching the video in Vicarious's signature?

I am really trying to figure out how the past few pages of trolling back and forth can be justified here, guys. In trying to prove a point against "the other guy" you just make yourself look bad, it doesn't matter what side of the argument you started on.

Hopefully a moderator does finally show up and sort you all out. If you can't follow the rules by yourselves you shouldn't have the priveldge of access.
You're correct I shouldnt have let myself get trolled I tried to bring it back on topic a couple times but to no avail I'm sorry to everybody for helping let this topic get so far off course now to bring it back on topic I believe it has more to do with people just didn't want to see solo

Again I apologize to everyone on these forums for allowing myself to get trolled and for feeding the troll.

Last edited:
Reaction score
we are not talking about months ago we are talk about June 22nd. In which one unique user from the Rebelscum forums from Georgia watched the video. Jeremiah already admitted it was him who clicked on the link. Case closed
Vicky, I never said I clicked on your link on June 22nd. You did. You are starting to lose track of which version of which lie you are pushing.

Again I recommend that you just start having conversations with yourself, since you either believe everything everyone says is a lie or based on stupidity, sexism, racism, or any other -ism you can com up with. Just talk to yourself and respond to yourself, and save the rest of us a lot of time and trouble.

And to get the post back on topic, a lot of people who didn't see Solo didn't see it because they were boycotting it due to The Last Jedi. Many others avoided it for the larger reason that they believe Disney is using Star Wars as a vehicle to push a political agenda, and wanted to show their dissatisfaction. Still others didn't see it because they didn't like the idea of a Solo movie, didn't like the idea of recasting the character, and/or felt the film would hurt the character in the same vein the prequels hurt Darth Vader (for some fans).

The idea that people didn't see Star Wars because there was an Avengers movie out seems to come mainly from Disney/Kathleen Kennedy shills who can't admit that fans don't want politics pushed so overtly in their movies. The idea that Star Wars fans suddenly decided they couldn't be buggered to get off the couch and go see a Star Wars movie seems equally ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not sure this has anything to do with Solo underperforming but for casual fans the timeline of Star Wars movies is not easy to follow. A more movies come out it will be even more confusing. As hardcore fans we have all been there - trying to explain how Episode IV came out in 1977 years before Episode I in 1999 and the Trilogy in the 2000s timeframe wise is prior to the movies of the 70s/80s and blah blah. I remember back when Rogue One came out and we still had new fans and casuals riding the TFA wave not being able to comprehend that Rey wasn't in Rogue One. The whole thing can be quite daunting...

Reaction score
I'm not sure this has anything to do with Solo underperforming but for casual fans the timeline of Star Wars movies is not easy to follow. A more movies come out it will be even more confusing. As hardcore fans we have all been there - trying to explain how Episode IV came out in 1977 years before Episode I in 1999 and the Trilogy in the 2000s timeframe wise is prior to the movies of the 70s/80s and blah blah. I remember back when Rogue One came out and we still had new fans and casuals riding the TFA wave not being able to comprehend that Rey wasn't in Rogue One. The whole thing can be quite daunting...
I agree with you there as it was definitely an issue in China where most of them were introduced to SW with TFA only to be followed by Rogue One.

I think Solo is a bit more straight forward as they did market it as his origin story.

Reaction score
I don't doubt that it could be confusing for some people (the very young and very old, for example), but I don't think that would be an issue even for casual viewers. I can't imagine many people going to see a movie they know nothing about and had not researched beforehand. Maybe a few, but not many.

I do agree that it could be confusing and that some viewers probably were confused, but I think most people know what the film was. Some people rejected it for what it was, some rejected it for what it wasn't, and some made an example out of Solo due to dissatisfaction with TPTB. Those who aren't bothered by those three things probably went, and some of them even enjoyed it.

Reaction score
The Last Jedi (in response to the OP question)
personally I think the other movies 'overperformed'.
meaning: with TFA , it seemed like a contest to see how many times you could see it in theaters.
someone on these boards bragged to have seen it 12 times.. that's crazy.. for ANY movie.

but this is Star Wars. Star Wars has a frantically devoted fanbase. to be sure.

I've always wondered exactly how "big" this devoted audience actually is. in terms of 'number-of-people'.
those numbers get skewed, when people are seeing it 12 times over in the theater.. those people count for "12 fans" not just one.
this doesn't happen for any other franchise. (save Rocky Horror Picture Show).

--> so what happens when people ONLY see a star wars movie "once"? like ANY other movie?
THEN Star Wars has to exist on a "level playing field". like ANY other movie. (like Jumangi and Jurrasic World and the Avengers).
and THEN: we get "Solo" numbers... instead of TFA numbers.

I think this is revealing of the ACTUAL size of the audience.
it would seem, Star Wars has a small-but-devoted fanbase (smaller than Marvel):
the devotion is HUGE. but I suspect the audience is not..
..or at least, not nearly as large as Disney might have thought, when they bought the franchise.

I think: as time goes on, Star Wars fans will grow accustomed to seeing a new SW movie every year,
and they won't be so frantic to see each movie 12 times, like a starving dog offered bacon.
they will be content to see it "once".

and then SW will need to exist on the same level playing field as Marvel and Jumanji.
with no "nostalgia" nor "goodwill" driving the ticket sales.

they will be FORCED to make "good movies". with no "free pass" for BEING star wars (like they had for TFA --
where people only showed up in droves because it was a star wars movie -- NOT because it was any good).

this "goodwill" has evaporated. thanks to TLJ. (with its theme of "killing the nostalgia" -- it seems to have worked).
Star Wars no longer gets a free pass, for being Star Wars.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't doubt that it could be confusing for some people (the very young and very old, for example), but I don't think that would be an issue even for casual viewers. I can't imagine many people going to see a movie they know nothing about and had not researched beforehand. Maybe a few, but not many.

I do agree that it could be confusing and that some viewers probably were confused, but I think most people know what the film was. Some people rejected it for what it was, some rejected it for what it wasn't, and some made an example out of Solo due to dissatisfaction with TPTB. Those who aren't bothered by those three things probably went, and some of them even enjoyed it.
I have a star wars buddy with whom I see every film -- she's sort of like a sister, but not really.

as we sat down for Solo she turned to me:

"so this is, like, a Prequel..? right?"

"yes"

"so.. will we finally get to see what happens with Rey's Parents?"

"no. this goes all the way back before the first movie in 1977, and tells the origin of Han Solo; not Rey."

"ahhhh! ok! so this is not "real" star wars.. that's what I thought!"

"well, it's all Star Wars. but yeah. this one is more like a comic book. it's got nothing to do with the episode movies"

she rolled her eyes. "why do they DO that!? I just want to see what happens next!"

I shrugged.

afterwards she turned to me and asked what I thought of it.

I shrugged.

she said "I know, right? it was hard to watch. it's like they filmed the whole thing in the dark.

I couldn't make out anyone's face for the first 1/2 hour. why was there no color in this movie? it was kind of ugly and depressing...etc etc.."

-=======-

^^ this is why it failed with casual movie-goers. (and why it failed in in China).
with no "Star Wars Goodwill" to drive the ticket sales, all they saw was "mud" and "brown tones" and ugly cinematography.

everything is 'sepia' (from the dessert backgrounds, to Hans Clothes, this movie had a VERY limited color pallette* --
casual viewers would rather see Guardians of the Galaxy, because at least it's interesting to "look at" -- Doh! there's that "level playing field" again):p

again: Star Wars no longer gets a free pass, for being Star Wars.

they need to start making "good movies" again -- unlike TLJ.
TLJ practically ignored its own audience. it tried to rely SOLELY on "goodwill" from the brand name itself -- result: this goodwill has now evaporated.
and, the numbers indicate, Solo couldn't succeed without it :( it couldn't succeed on a "level playing field" with other movies.

[IMO] Disney needs to stop competing with previous Star Wars, and start competing in THIS market*
with movies that "pop off the screen" (unlike Solo), and characters whom the audience "cares about" (unlike Rey).

-====-

* it seems they borrowed the same color pallette from the first half of ANH and tried to make a movie that would 'wow' audiences back in 1977.
problem: it's not 1977.

Ron Howard is a dinosaur from another age.
dude made Jim Carrey's "Grinch Who Stole Christmas"... and Solo had the exact same feel.
(like taking a single line from a children's book and expanding it into an arcane 'backstory' for Cindy Lou -- Solo did the same thing).
"Today's Movies" are more sophisticated than Ron Howard -- he should spend some time with the Winter Soldier. then try again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cobalt, I love reading your posts... lots of interesting insight. One caveat to the whole "Ron Howard should watch Winter Soldier," though: Winter Soldier is better than many of the crappier, mind-numbing Marvel movies. Infinity War and Thor Ragnarok are mindless pieces of nothing by comparison. Granted those aren't the same filmmaking styles as Howard's earlier works either... they're a collection of youtube skits and watching someone else play a video game. But if this discussion is about selling tickets... those qualities do tend to sell tickets. I'd hate to see them in a Star Wars movie though. TLJ already sunk into that territory with all of its "jokes."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Holy hell, is this crap why I was getting messaged by a bunch of people?

I'm making this post for one reason and one reason only - to back up Jeremiah, who doesn't need it, but this exposes Steve's idiocy in deciphering "analytics".

I clicked on that link months ago. How else do you think I knew your whole film "career" was youtube docs on gaming and cosplay, and how I was able to trace back to your real name, you a**wipe? I'm certainly not from Georgia either - not even in the US for that matter.

Your accusations against Jeremiah FAIL, as they typically do.

Now that that's done, back to avoiding this community and toxic tools like Steve and DarkManRacist like the plague. Please no more PM's guys about this stuff - I really am done, and making posts like this one just makes me look like I'm not serious.

Ian

then just delete your account here.

Reaction score

I could see that having an effect. I think it was just a combination of things

1) some people not wanting to see anybody but Ford play Han Solo
2) Poor marketing
3) Major competition. I usually go to 3 or 4 movies all year but this May alone had that many movies I wanted to see
4) I think there's people that just decided to wait until home release

Reaction score
Not case closed. That's not what you said:

See. The Lying cat is out of the lying bag! You've been proven a liar. Deal with it.

Also, Jeremiah NEVER admitted to watching the video. He only admitted to clicking the link.
You lied again.

Reaction score
Shut up Muftak. Wasn't talking to you. I don't troll.
In fact when you post personal messages in a thread on the board you are talking to me and everyone else. This is not your private playground. The threads have topics, they are to be respected and stuck to. That is why i suggested you take your "messages not intended for everyone to read" to PMs.

Reaction score
In fact when you post personal messages in a thread on the board you are talking to me and everyone else. This is not your private playground. The threads have topics, they are to be respected and stuck to. That is why i suggested you take your "messages not intended for everyone to read" to PMs.
thank you!

Reaction score
This really doesn't apply to me because I quoted part of a conversation already included in this thread. Has nothing to do with me thinking it's my private playground. And it irks me that I am being made the example when many others (V_F, DMX) are much more at fault than I. So I want everyone to know I am not the troll enemy here.

I was sick and tired of watching innocent people be attacked and called slanderous names by Vicarious_Steve, DarkManX and a few others just because we didn't like the crappy movie they like.
I have been on these boards for 18 years and never once seen such nonsense. Unfortunately I got caught up it in and sunk to their level. Won't happen again.

For the record my post was worded very similar to one that Vicarious_Steve posted toward IanC or Jeremiah (unsure which at the moment) after Vicarious_Steve viciously and wrongly (and off topic) brought racism into the discussion.
It was just a way to give him a taste of his own medicine.

To stay on topic, the main reason for Solo bombing was because TLJ was so horrible fans lost faith in Disney Star Wars and were either boycotting the movie or just plain gave up hoping for a god movie from them.

Utinniii

Reaction score
This forum, and especially this thread has been an interesting social experiment, in that allies and foes are often interchangeable, depending on the points being made. I see the gang mentality pop up a lot but the issues should really be about the topics, and not the people involved.

For my part, I am sorry for any antagonism I have caused.
I have noticed a few things that going forward, I will keep in mind.
Jokes are often lost in text as tone and expression are absent. Many times they are often mistaken as antagonism especially when at the expense of someone involved in an argument or against clashing personalities. There are some people here I won't joke with simply because I suspect they will take it in a negative way.
People see the worst in each other and take their words in the most extreme way possible. If I were to say it was nippy out today, I'd be labeled a racist.

Disagreeing isn't trolling, but attacking someone personally is certainly heading in that direction. Trolling is a word that is overused here but I'm baffled by the people that use it. Engaging a troll just empowers them. That seems counter productive. Instead of calling them out on it, wouldn't it be better to ignore (and frustrate) the person?

It is also possible for 2 people to be correct even if they disagree. Recently DarthSatan made a very logical argument and was rebutted with an emotional one. Neither were wrong.

Since we are adults, do we really need the mods to step in? Can't we self regulate? Does it matter who "started it"?
The easy answer is to simply ignore them until they go away. Arguing with them just makes both people look bad. I know I'm embarassed by some of the things I've written here in the past.

For those that don't know, VF was doxxed. He never gave us his real name so people using it are being *****y unless they didn't know that. Even if it technically doesn't break TOU, it was still a jerk move to do and done with the intent of hurting him. Historically, some people never gave out their names until they trusted the other person (so not to bewitch them). Using anything without permission is an attempt to hold power over the other person, or at the very least is just insensitive.

One final thing. We don't know the hardships each of us are going through. Someone might lash out here because their life is a train wreck. I know several members here that are struggling to make ends meet; are losing someone or something dear to them, are having an emotional crisis and other terrible things. Do we really want to add to their pain by mocking or deriding them?