ep2

ep3

ep4

ep5

finally they put one in, but it only goes up the waist. not really safe

i dont know why the images arent showing up, but showing as links

Last edited:
Reaction score
Could you imagine being a Coruscant police officer trying to enforce seatbelt laws (if any) on that planet?!

Reaction score
Because there's a no-security rule un Star Wars, as per George Lucas. You won't see handrails or seat belts or any other safety-enhancing constructs.

It was talked about in The Star Wars Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=166&v=tx5uXsw0XdM
well you do see Anakin kinda unbuckle the restraints from his Jedi Interceptor in ROTS so an argument could be made for some safety in SW... plus if you look closely I believe you see both Luke and Ben strap themselves in when Han tells them to in ANH, also Luke uses a safety harness in Empire aboard the Snowspeeder... so there are some forms of seat belts and safety in a galaxy far far away

Reaction score
This kinda begs a question, did the Resistance passengers on the Falcon have to hold onto some handrail or something when the Falcon jumped to lightspeed escaping from Crait? Now Han was probably thinking about Luke and Ben's safety back on Tatooine, yet it remains to be seen if the inertial dampeners on the Falcon are glitchy every now and then. But to date, we haven't seen any noticeable jerks on the Falcon's momentum on those transition to lightspeed scenes.

Reaction score
except for the one which sent R2 flying across the ship at the end of ESB to land on Chewie's head -- this shows what happens when you don't 'strap yourself in'.

Reaction score
Oh yeah...I figured Artoo had to skip a couple of checklist steps just to get the Falcon's hyperdrive working in that crunch, although he had to be careful not to turn his friends into chunky salsa regarding those dampeners. And it looks to me that the Falcon popped a space version of a wheelie before kicking into hyperspace.

Reaction score
I imagine that they depend on the built in interior gravity field, which outside forces aren't suppose to affect. But when in battle those systems could be interrupted, thus the "accidents".