Why are the Star Wars Funko POP all Bobbleheads

Reaction score
I have noticed that all the Star Wars POP figures by Funko are bobble heads, however the last of the line are figures. I hate bobble heads and would love the Star Wars line if it was made like the rest of the figures.

Any idea why its not?

Reaction score
every other one they make that is NOT Star Wars is a figure, yet ALL the Star Wars are bobble heads. WHY! I don't get they make the Star Wars bobble heads.

Reaction score
pretty sure all the funko pop are bobbles as far as im aware

Reaction score
Nope, they are all FIGURES, ONLY the Star Wars line is bobble heads. Check the boxes
Here a pic of the Marvel set, they are FIGURES not bobble heads, again for some reason ONLY Star Wars are.

and here are Star Trek ones, notice the box, they are not bobble heads

I do think at one time all the older POP guys might have been babble heads but only star wars are now days

Last edited:
Reaction score
Apparently it's a licensing issue. Star Wars have to be bobbleheads because Funko doesn't have the license for straight figures for that property. I guess they don't have to worry about that for some of the other lines.

Reaction score
Apparently it's a licensing issue. Star Wars have to be bobbleheads because Funko doesn't have the license for straight figures for that property. I guess they don't have to worry about that for some of the other lines.

yeah that would be about right.

Reaction score
It appears that the Funko Pop Star Wars figs are still bobble-heads. I was able to purchase the 2014 Convention Luke Skywalker (Hoth) w/Wampa (includes severed arm) set this morning at Barnes & Noble.

There is no difference to the SDCC exclusive set except for a different sticker on the front.

The Wampa head definitely would bobble a lot, based on how big it is. I love it.

Reaction score
Same reason why SH Figurearts can't be sold outside of Japan, Hot Toys isn't sold at normal retail and Lego minifigures have to include a building set. Hasbro has the license for small scale SW figures at retail in the US and most of the world.
I would've liked if the bobble feature on my sole Funko SW figure actually worked, the figure sort of jerks its head to an immediate standstill. The spring is rather stiff. Any tips as to get it to actually wobble for a good while?

Reaction score
Nope, they are all FIGURES, ONLY the Star Wars line is bobble heads. Check the boxes
Here a pic of the Marvel set, they are FIGURES not bobble heads, again for some reason ONLY Star Wars are.

and here are Star Trek ones, notice the box, they are not bobble heads

I do think at one time all the older POP guys might have been babble heads but only star wars are now days
Like SW, The Marvel POPs are also bobbleheads. I believe these 2 are the only franchises in the Funko POP line that are bobbleheads. I think it has something to do with Hasbro licensing.

Reaction score
I'll add that I also hate the Bobble Heads on these figures but mainly because the heads will come sometimes tilted or askew on top of the spring. when you try to fix them to look correct, in the end you will have a spring and head stretched out 2 foot above the body and want to throw the whole damn thing in the garbage 5 seconds later. :disgusted:

Last edited:
Reaction score
In the US, HASBRO has exclusive rights for action figures of both Star Wars and Marvel. Even though the only articulation a Pop! has is the head, it's still "action". Funko has to make Star Wars and Marvel "Bobble heads" so they can't be considered action figures.

I'm honestly not sure about other Hasbro properties such as Transformers or GI Joe, but I think those are regular figures and not bobble heads.

Reaction score
Finally my question has an answer - and yes I suppose it makes sense. I hate bobbleheads too. Was interested in the Funko Ewok 3-pack, but knowing they're all bobbleheads has put me off completely.