why are the dreadnok siblings glued?

Reaction score
so vatta just informed me that zarana zandar and zartan are glued at the factory on top of having the normal back screws.
this is weird whats the deal with that?
so now for the backstory.
i finally hunted down the original zarana i took her apart not knowing all this
because i just wanted to put a new o ring in her since the one she had was a little loose.
now her body is together but her head is very loose because her shoulder has a huge gap where the body doesnt quite meet now.
what should i do about all this?
also i bought a gun and backpack separately for her and the back pack doesnt want to stay on. it feels like its almost too big.
also i tried it on other joes and it dosent fit them either.

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure but the Z sibling may of originally been designed to have the same color changing gimmick that Zartan had. Henceforth the glued torsos. (Also different type of plastic)

As far as the assesories goes, They changed the size of the peg holes in different years I know my year 2 Joes never matched the OG Joes. Not sure about year 3 & 4.

For loose joints I use the super glue method, (Just keep moving the joint until it dries 100%.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Best guess is based on the year it came out. I think the peg size hole only changed after the OG Joes. But if anyone knows better feel free to correct me.

Reaction score
If you are speaking of the original 1986 Zandar and Zarana, the reason they have glue is because they are color change plastic and it is softer than the regular plastic. The glue helped keep the torso from cracking apart around the screw post.

Just as a side note in case you aren't aware. The lime green parts on the Zartan Swamp Skier, the Dreadnok Swampfire, and all four of the Sears Exclusive Dreadnok vehicles are also color change plastic and that stuff becomes very brittle with age so handle with care when moving those parts.

Reaction score
If you are speaking of the original 1986 Zandar and Zarana, the reason they have glue is because they are color change plastic and it is softer than the regular plastic. The glue helped keep the torso from cracking apart around the screw post.

Just as a side note in case you aren't aware. The lime green parts on the Zartan Swamp Skier, the Dreadnok Swampfire, and all four of the Sears Exclusive Dreadnok vehicles are also color change plastic and that stuff becomes very brittle with age so handle with care when moving those parts.
thanks tk114 i didnt know that :O i am mainly collecting vintage where i can but when a figure gets too impossible to find complete (im looking at you zartan) or too insane to afford with out looking like garbage
(im looking at you storm shadow) then I will just buy a modern version. most of my female figures are modern except for zarana since they were rare or hard to find. iwanted the 2011 zrana but thats
flagg levels of ludicrous in pricing. i thought maybe it was brittle plastic. when i pried her apart not knowing any better a strip of plastic peeled off on her side. its just hanging there like a toenail now but it stays together
so long as she isnt separated.