Who is doing the best REPRO work for SW vintage

Reaction score
I'm restoring some items in my collection and looking for some repro pieces like X wing canopy and X wing cannons. Who does the best work?

Reaction score
Not sure about who has good repros I personally dont deal with them and discard them, so I probably wont be much help. Hopefully some one out there will be able to help you out!

Reaction score
Curious on why anybody would want repros when there is plenty of original items out there to be found. It just takes time.

Reaction score
Curious on why anybody would want repros when there is plenty of original items out there to be found. It just takes time.
Simple. I'd hate to have to spend $30-$50 on a x wing canopy. That's why.

Reaction score
I’ve never seen repro in those parts
Dallas vintage toys sells the guns for 10 each. Non repro

I might be able to help with a canopy, but let me make sure I have it.

Reaction score
I’ve never seen repro in those parts

Dallas vintage toys sells the guns for 10 each. Non repro

I might be able to help with a canopy, but let me make sure I have it.
That will work. Been eyeing Dallas vintage too. Thanks!

Reaction score
That will work. Been eyeing Dallas vintage too. Thanks!
I have purchased a few parts from them with no regrets. Sometimes you can call the store and ask if he would give a package deal.. usually will take off 10 percent . Make sure to ask for the owner.

Reaction score
I have purchased a few parts from them with no regrets. Sometimes you can call the store and ask if he would give a package deal.. usually will take off 10 percent . Make sure to ask for the owner.
Will do. Around Christmas time, they had some really nice discounts.

Reaction score
Also a nice play to army build. Look at the loose incomplete figures. I bought a few hoth figs for 5 each.

Reaction score
Wow...I'm totally surprised at the positive response to Dallas Vintage Toys in this thread. IMHO, Shaun Neinast is one of the biggest scammers in the industry - and not just talking about in the old crimes of substituting reproductions for real items, for which he was found guilty time and time again.

Just 'one of the hundreds' of complaints against Shaun (the owner) of Dallas Vintage Toys (aka One-To-Five Day Auctions, Decadetoys, etc)

Just search the 'Watch Out' section if you want more.

My own personal stories of getting ripped off by this guy are there someplace. Again, not related to repros...

Edit: Searched eBay - plenty of guns for $10 and less, rather than dealing with this particular scumbag.

Reaction score
I did buy a repro canopy once for a custom,and its so cloudy i cant use it.Dallas has sent me really crappy cracked speeder. Windshields, and stuff from time to time, but they did make it right in the end.

Reaction score
However, then you'd have a complete, genuine X-Wing with a sound resale value, when you move it along. Yes, it's more expensive, but the money isn't wasted like it is with repros.

-M :)

Reaction score
However, then you'd have a complete, genuine X-Wing with a sound resale value, when you move it along. Yes, it's more expensive, but the money isn't wasted like it is with repros.

-M :)
Fair point. I'm going to reconsider. Thanks!

Reaction score
I've heard many bad things about Dallas Vintage Toys over the years, caveat emptor. In this case it would be caveat veditor!

Reaction score
I don't know who produces the best, but I would highly recommend only buying parts that are stamped "reproduction." I remember a discussion here some 20 years ago, in which we tried to envisage the impact of high-end repros being in the market. The general consensus was, avoid them unless stamped. Reason being, someone further down the line might try to pass them off as gen.

Reaction score
I don't know who produces the best, but I would highly recommend only buying parts that are stamped "reproduction." I remember a discussion here some 20 years ago, in which we tried to envisage the impact of high-end repros being in the market. The general consensus was, avoid them unless stamped. Reason being, someone further down the line might try to pass them off as gen.
Thanks you guys! Although I’ve been on these boards forever, I basically lurked the vintage forums. Now with such a lag in modern SW, I decided to unearth my vintage vehicles, hence the restoration projects. You all have convinced me to steer clear of repros. All of my figures, weapons and vehicles are legit. I have a couple of repro backgrounds but plan to eventually replace them as well. Thanks guys. I’m still looking for pieces and had planned on flying back to hometown, Chicago, to go to the Kane County show. It’s been several years. I now live in Houston and if this pandemic subsides, I have found a couple of shows that deal in antique toys as well. But, if anyone has old pieces and parts they are willing to part with, I may be interested. PM me if you want I help out a fellow scummer and I’ll send you my needs list. Thanks!

Reaction score
You might try Holocron Toy Store in Fort Worth, TX. They specialize only in Star Wars. I've bought some stuff from them before when I was in the area. Have not purchased online. I think they have parts and beater toys not displayed or shown online, so your best bet may be to email or call them.

https://holocrontoystore.com/

Reaction score
Well, what do you think about new stickers? Just curious.

Reaction score
As far as sourcing other parts you may need, if you post a WTB in the vintage classifieds, I suggest putting a target price. Frequently, many WTB ads for readily available 'looked for' items are bumped many times, so presumably the poster/buyer and prospective sellers are too far apart in price to have the deals close.

Reaction score
Wow...I'm totally surprised at the positive response to Dallas Vintage Toys in this thread. IMHO, Shaun Neinast is one of the biggest scammers in the industry - and not just talking about in the old crimes of substituting reproductions for real items, for which he was found guilty time and time again
Just 'one of the hundreds' of complaints against Shaun (the owner) of Dallas Vintage Toys (aka One-To-Five Day Auctions, Decadetoys, etc)

Just search the 'Watch Out' section if you want more.

My own personal stories of getting ripped off by this guy are there someplace. Again, not related to repros...

Edit: Searched eBay - plenty of guns for $10 and less, rather than dealing with this particular scumbag.
I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had had a similar experience to what I had several weeks ago. I purchased a toy from their website and was emailed a couple of days later to say they could not find it and had given me a full refund, but would contact me and offer it to me at a discounted rate should they manage to locate it. They did refund me in full (although I did miss out on a few dollars due to the currency conversion via PayPal). I found the explanation to be perfectly fine as these things can happen. However about a week later the exact same item was back up on their website and still is as I type this message - same photo showing same item in same condition. I tried contacting them by two different means to inquire whether they actually located it and heard nothing back. They are still actively promoting their store on Facebook at the moment and adding new stock so I find it all really unusual as to why they never made the effort to reply to me.

I was thinking about buying other items from their site but its now made me very reluctant as it may cost me again if I experience the same thing.

Dax

Reaction score
They are proven scammers and dodgy dealers. Nobody should EVER do business with these guys. I accidentally won an auction from them some years ago just after they changed their ebay user name but thankfully I found out who they were before I went through with the deal.

Oh and more generally, repros are awful for the hobby. I'm so glad I completed my collection years ago before they became the absolute cancer that they now are.

Reaction score
I initially thought it was a legitimate mistake putting the item back up on their site but the more I read about other's experiences the more I'm beginning to wonder. The only thing that I can attribute this to is that they didn't want to go to the effort of sending it to me as it wasn't a big enough transaction. If that's the case its a bizarre way to operate a store with such a large online presence.