Who here misses the EU?

Reaction score
I'm curious for the people who have seen it numerous times, is there a ship in it that resembles Mara's Jade Shadow?
I only saw the movie once, and the scene with said ship went by quickly.Or for anyone with visual dictionary might know.

Reaction score
I would say no, there was a ship that resembled an ocean liner w/ that kinda look, but it was open on the top and when it approached the waterfall it flew off rather than stayed afloat, that's the only one I recall that was close to it in appearance. the Libertine was much sportier w/ a thin, flatter type hull

Reaction score
The EU had a lot of really cool stuff mainly character and ships. The E-wing I would love as a 3.75 inch scale vehicle. I could kick myself back in 1998 I was at Walmart and found the Action fleet E-wing but I had to pass sense I didn't have the money on me at the time. The TIE Defender we need to get in 3.75 inch toy form.

Reaction score
I'd miss it if we weren't getting new books and comics. In fact we are getting more comics then we were before.

Reaction score
I'd miss it if we weren't getting new books and comics. In fact we are getting more comics then we were before.
Yeah, but with the exception of stuff written by old EU hands like Zahn and Luceno, they're pretty much all garbage.

Reaction score
Yeah, but with the exception of stuff written by old EU hands like Zahn and Luceno, they're pretty much all garbage.
Except Ahsoka.....And Phasma....And some of From a Certain Point of View (some of it is meh). And Lost Stars is amazng and anyone who hasn't read it should do so ASAP.

Reaction score
Except Ahsoka.....And Phasma....And some of From a Certain Point of View (some of it is meh). And Lost Stars is amazng and anyone who hasn't read it should do so ASAP.
That's what they said about The Last Jedi... :rolleyes:

Also, Ahsoka is cancer.

Reaction score
I miss the 70s-80s EU that the 90s-00s EU steamrolled over. People act like 2014 was the first time the Star Wars "expanded universe" was completely reset.

Reaction score
yeah for whatever reasoning many just can't comprehend the EU process, any era. This aint nuthin' unusual happening here.
I miss the 70s-80s EU that the 90s-00s EU steamrolled over. People act like 2014 was the first time the Star Wars "expanded universe" was completely reset.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah we're in the 3rd generation expanded universe. The 70s-80s stuff was pretty willy nilly and was pretty much unchecked by Lucas,etc. The 90s-00s was the 2nd generation where it was still kind of willy nilly but Lucas set down some guidelines and could over ride things that were written during that period. Now we're in the 3rd generation where there's a concentrated effort being made to build a universe where every story is official canon and not subject to the multi tiered canon mess of the past.

Reaction score
yeah for whatever reasoning many just can't comprehend the EU process, any era. This aint nuthin' unusual happening here.
Marvel comics were not declared non canon and were occasionally used as a source for characters or something else. The Daley and the Smith trilogies were not ignored.

Reaction score
Marvel comics were not declared non canon and were occasionally used as a source for characters or something else.
Mining the source for ideas is not the same. If that was the case, then the Legends EU hasn't gone anywhere, because they are still using characters like Thrawn.

Reaction score
The Han Solo Trilogy by A. C. Crispin starts with a young Han and goes right up to the cantina scene, but leaves 'spaces' in the storytelling to allow for the Daley Han Solo Adventures to be inserted at the appropriate spots. I actually think that was a pretty cool thing for Crispin to do, knowing she was starting before and ending after the Daley stories. Writing her stories to include (I forget the exact details) things like Han and Chewie left Nar Shaddaa for Wild Space to get away from the scene for awhile. After having spent some time in Wild Space, they returned to etc. In that moment you would read one of the Daley stories and then come back to this spot in the Crispin book. There was a spot for all three books to fit within Crispin's larger story.

Reaction score
Mining the source for ideas is not the same. If that was the case, then the Legends EU hasn't gone anywhere, because they are still using characters like Thrawn.
Well those planets where in the Atlas. That is as official as EU can be.

Reaction score
As a kid I never considered the marvel comics to be canon. I enjoyed the ones I had but I just always felt like they were just written to bide time between movies. Don't think I'd come across the Han Solo books at that age.

Reaction score
Well those planets where in the Atlas. That is as official as EU can be.
What about all of the West End Games canon that was erased by the Decipher CCG? Sure they eventually repurposed Jodo Kast in the comics and novels, but that's just another example of mining a previous EU source.

Reaction score
What about all of the West End Games canon that was erased by the Decipher CCG? Sure they eventually repurposed Jodo Kast in the comics and novels, but that's just another example of mining a previous EU source.
There is a huge difference between that and declaring the entire EU not canon. What happened is very unusual, but it is what it is.

Reaction score
I still hope somehow we'll see kyle Katarn and Dash Rendar again.
You know.... after watching the Deadpool 2 trailer it hit me that that 2 second clip which showed some iteration of X-Force, and ALL the speculation that has sprung up from that is the kind of buzz that Disney needs in Star Wars. Nobody really cares about characters like George Washington Bridge or Shatterstar, but 'darn it' it's exciting to see something that you recognize!!

Stay with me here. Imagine if we got a 2 second glimpse of a character that wore a similar type of costume as Dash Rendar in the Solo trailer... people would be nuts speculating "Is it or isn't it? Is it Katarn? Is it Mungo, Booster, Karrde? I don't think we need tons of fan service and EU characters, but this sort of thing works to build excitement.

If you don't know them, you get a cool new character. If you do know them you get a return or expansion of a cool character. Win Win.

Reaction score
If Booster shows up in Solo - he needs another cameo (older actor clearly) in IX as one of the Resistance's allies. And if Karrde were to show up, he needs to have a red head at his side!

Reaction score
You know.... after watching the Deadpool 2 trailer it hit me that that 2 second clip which showed some iteration of X-Force, and ALL the speculation that has sprung up from that is the kind of buzz that Disney needs in Star Wars. Nobody really cares about characters like George Washington Bridge or Shatterstar, but 'darn it' it's exciting to see something that you recognize!!

Stay with me here. Imagine if we got a 2 second glimpse of a character that wore a similar type of costume as Dash Rendar in the Solo trailer... people would be nuts speculating "Is it or isn't it? Is it Katarn? Is it Mungo, Booster, Karrde? I don't think we need tons of fan service and EU characters, but this sort of thing works to build excitement.

If you don't know them, you get a cool new character. If you do know them you get a return or expansion of a cool character. Win Win.

Exactly! Even if they dont bother casting a face to them, just put the Outrider or Moldy Crow flying-by, maybe show Leebo on the backgroung. Any fan-service like this payoff my movie ticket.

Anyway I'm all in for this movie.

Reaction score
If Booster shows up in Solo - he needs another cameo (older actor clearly) in IX as one of the Resistance's allies. And if Karrde were to show up, he needs to have a red head at his side!
Man that would be fun to see wouldn't it? :)