Who here has screen used Props?

Reaction score
hehe...the music on your site has scared the [censored] out of me before too when I had my speakers on really loud without knowing it

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
I was wondering how to start a new post along these lines? I'm new in the forums and can't figure it out. (I'm looking for reference images of original Y-wing Models and ROTJ Y-wing pilot costumes/helmets).

Any help would be appreciated- Thanks

Reaction score
If you go to my site and the Ep VI section i have an original production-made ROTJ Y-Wing fighter there.It is not completely finished but is a lovely piece.I am not sure but I think it is the only model of this scale of this fighter in a private collection.

Reaction score
Well colour me a very happy camper today.I got what I am fairly confident is my first screenmatched SW piece!This is the arm of the FX-6 medical droid that attaches Vader's right leg in the first scene of the Vader construction in ROTS.I am getting an HD screencap to get some better detail but the FX droid only had one arm with a claw,the rest were all horrible pointy things and syringes,and the elbow joint is in the right position and the length and size of the piece is also spot on.Needless to say this is a total thrill for me being such a huge Vader nut and a huge fan of ROTS also.Hope you like the pics guys!

Reaction score
No Star Wars pieces but I have a few from other movies. I have some money from Serenity, a detonator from Die Hard, a press badge from X-men 3, a UV bullet clip from Underworld: Evolution, a single UV bullet from the same movie and I have a piece of the stargate iris from Stargate SG-1.

Reaction score
BigBadDaddyVader said:
Some full scale pieces were built including the full scale FX-6 medical droid and the operating table.
Yeah the table apperntly even had some detail on the backside that was never seen on film. They had the table on a rolling base behind a velvet rope with a security guard standing next to it the whole time at C4.

Reaction score
The table is actually an awesome piece of work with amazing detail.A small selection of full scale pieces were made for this scene for close-ups with Hayden on the table such as when the dome is lowered.It is a super piece and certainly one of the favourites in my collection.I have it in a real nice glass shadowbox now with some pics and a cool plaque and it look kick-[censored] on the wall!

Reaction score
Although I recently became am active participant in the prop collecting online community, my prop collection is currently limited to a single piece. It's a small 3" x 3" Death Star surface piece, which I acquired back in 1999:

At some point in the near future, I think I'm going to have a frame made by The Propstore of London in order to provide a better, more visually pleasing means of display for it.

-Mike
Hello Mike. Love this surface piece. Do you still have it and did you get it framed? I'm new to the forums and this piece is the reason I joined (only to discover how awesome this group is). Did you find it in any screen shots? I know I'm asking a lot of questions but i have a surface piece very close to this one with some information you may be interested in.

michael_mensinger

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! I do still have it in my collection, but still haven't framed it. I can't say I've ever hunted for it in screen shots. Curious what the info you mentioned is.

Mike

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! I do still have it in my collection, but still haven't framed it. I can't say I've ever hunted for it in screen shots. Curious what the info you mentioned is.

Mike
Ok Mike, here goes:

So, my piece was a gifted to me back in 1993. I too kept it secure and did not display until last week.

My piece was connected to and sat directly next to yours (the two pieces had a specific mold that flowed from one to the other) I was a SDCC 2018 and was informed that it was part of a Set 3.

I have photos from 2 separate auctions (1 was a 20" x 48" surface piece and the other a 6" x 12" piece) and our pieces are there, clear as day.

You can see our surface molds (although there were many) in the scene where Red Leader crashes onto the surface.

I'm really glad to hear you still have it. I came pretty close to parting with mine 6 months ago, but had a change of heart.

Last edited: