Who here has screen used Props?

Reaction score
Seems like a good thread for an all-original sub-forum. Who here is into the real stuff? Who has some pieces? I'd love to hear from fellow prop collectors.

michael_mensinger

Reaction score
Although I recently became am active participant in the prop collecting online community, my prop collection is currently limited to a single piece. It's a small 3" x 3" Death Star surface piece, which I acquired back in 1999:

At some point in the near future, I think I'm going to have a frame made by The Propstore of London in order to provide a better, more visually pleasing means of display for it.

-Mike

Reaction score
michael_mensinger said:
Although I recently became am active participant in the prop collecting online community, my prop collection is currently limited to a single piece. It's a small 3" x 3" Death Star surface piece, which I acquired back in 1999:

-Mike
Good to hear you have started on the props Mike
Fantastic death star piece by the way
I might pop up to the propstore of london one day to have a look around.

Lee

Reaction score
Here's my Death Star piece, its 2'x2' and it's the first movie prop I ever bought.

Reaction score
While not used on screen, I have a half dozen or so original storyboard from ESB.

G

Right now, the only screen used thing I have is a small piece of carpet from TPM.

I'm going to start a collection of screen used items from TV shows and movies eventually. I'm looking into a lot of stuff I might be interested in.
I want to get a few things from my favorite show 24 first. They seem to be a lot cheaper than I thought.

Reaction score
I've got a few odd & ends (wampa fur, Sarlaac monster pieces, ewok fur, Krayt pieces, etc). Got a friend who has some really nice screen used SW props. *added* I'm going to see if he'll let me post a pic or two (fingers crossed)

Philip_Wise

Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
My sum total would be an incredibly tiny piece of the Krayt Dragon.

You know it's tiny as the frame and all is maybe 4" square.

michael_mensinger

Reaction score
Do you have a photo of your framed Krayt Dragon fragment, Phillip? I truly believe solid presentation, whether it be framed or otherwise encased, of a less prominent prop item transforms it into a much more impressive item.

-Mike

Reaction score
Collection pic of screen used ROTJ Sarlaac monster chunk, Wampa fur, and Ewok fur. I don't have a pic of the Krayt Dragon bone (yet).

Reaction score
Not much of a screen-used prop, but it's the only thing I got.

These carpet swatches were readily available a few years ago for $60-$90 in the UK. There's an Auzzy dude on that country's version of ebay selling one of these pieces for over $2200 (U.S. dollars) right now. That's just ridiculous and it'll never sell.

Reaction score
I bought one of those for $30. It feel off my desk and the glass broke. I think I may have thrown it out as I didn't think it was worth much.

G

That's what I have too.

It's unpacked in a moving box still. I think I'll go look for it now.

Reaction score
Darth_Pain said:
OOOOHHH The ONE UPPER
Not trying to one up, I was hoping I might get some other people to post photos of their props as well....who's got'em?

Reaction score
I have a Krayt dragon toe bone, a gift from David West Reynolds, back when we were corresponding.

I need to take a new pic of it with my digital camera.

Alex

Reaction score
Here's one from my collection. Tusken Raider Bandolier from Leavesden/Elstree Studios.

Reaction score
I've only got 2 screen used props. Pair of "Smith" sunglasses from Matrix Revolutions, and a Rohan flag from LOTR.
Nothing special but still cool none the less.

Reaction score
No SW stuff, but a few odds & ends. I have pressure door
wheel from the Abyss. A wedding ring from Natural Born
killers. Used to have Sloth's superman t-shirt. from The
Goonies, but sold it a few yrs back (got bank for that)

Reaction score
Caveman said:
I've only got 2 screen used props. Pair of "Smith" sunglasses from Matrix Revolutions, and a Rohan flag from LOTR.
Nothing special but still cool none the less.
Thats awesome! I'm a huge Matrix fan. Were the glasses worn by Hugo or one of his 'clones'?

Reaction score
I have an original Mark Hamill. I think he was in a space movie or something. He just stands there in the corner in my living room. Some times he brings me food. I mistreat him.

Reaction score
Besides items from Jackie Brown and Undercover Brother, this is my LFL item:

It's a brick from Tunisia, found in the shooting location of Raiders of the Lost Ark; specifically the area containing the Well of Souls. It's suspected that the well was a dumping site for most of the set, so it's more likely that this was either part of the Maproom block opening or part of the excavated wall in the scene where Belloq speaks to the Nazis. My Tunisia sand can be seen, a rare item

JJ

Reaction score
For those of you who may be interested I have added a third draft script from 1975 of "The Star Wars" to my collection and to my site.There are some pics of a couple of scenes and I will be updating it every now and then with different pictures of different scenes from the script.Very interesting reading and a fantastic piece that I am thrilled to have as it has been one of my goals to get a draft script for a while now.

Reaction score
I got some very cool news today.I will be conducting,for publication on my site,an interview with the legendary stuntman and stormtrooper from all three original trilogy films Lightning Bear.I am so thrilled and delighted that he has agreed to do this for me so watch this space and my site for more news!

Reaction score
As another update,although unconfirmed as I am awaiting final response,I am hoping to follow the Lightning Bear interview with an interview with Boba Fett himself Jeremy Bulloch.

Reaction score
I am very pleased to say that the interview with Lightning Bear is now available on my site in the interview section.i hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed doing it!:)

Reaction score
I have a prop used in BENCHWARMERS.
It's my Lifesize Darth Vader built by Michael Burnett Productions for Rubies.
This was used in several shots for the INDOOR scenes.
(There is a bust of Vader not mine, used for the driveway shot.)
It was appraised in its condition at over $10,000 before the shoot. It made it into the final cut sharing the spotlight in a couple of takes with John Heder (Napoleon Dynamite), Rob Schneider, and David Spade.
The condition is still pristine, unlike many which wound up damaged for one reason or another.
It's a replica and screen-used prop at the same time!

of course not used for Star Wars, but this is the first OT Vader to make it back onto the big screen since Return of the Jedi.

Reaction score
I am pleased to say that my interview with Jeremy Bulloch is now available on my site in the Interview Section.:)