Which Star Wars Environment Would You Live In? (Original Trilogy Only)

Reaction score
Perhaps you’ve dreamed of living in the vast desert terrain of Tatooine! George Lucas obviously liked this environment. He filmed 2 of the movies from the original trilogy there.

Or maybe you prefer cold weather and would love to live in the remote frozen landscape on the ice world of Hoth!

Cloud City on Bespin might be a fun choice, but perhaps a little mundane in a world of just clouds!

What about the swampy marshes of Dagobah? This is certainly a place that was pleasing to Yoda.

The forest moon of Endor? Or, maybe you just want to live on an imperial cruiser out in space. Either way, if you could permanently reside in any of those environments, what would you choose and why?

Reaction score
Endor for me. I like being in the woods and hunting. Seems conducive to that.

Not a fan of Sand or scorching heat, I like cold, but Hoth seems too extreme.

Reaction score
It would be Cloud City for me. Outside, it might be mundane and boring, but the more I think about it: Lando looked like he had a nice beautiful little colony built up there.

Reaction score
Endor for me. I like being in the woods and hunting. Seems conducive to that.

Not a fan of Sand or scorching heat, I like cold, but Hoth seems too extreme.
You might end up being the hunted. Those Ewoks eat humans.

Reaction score
I'd have to go with Endor too.

However my abode would in the style of what we see in the apartment on Cloud City.

I love snow though. If I could also have that Cloud City style home I would like Both.

Do we need to have jobs or are you paying for this? :unsure:

Last edited:
Reaction score
For me, being as Water Worlds have always appealed to me, I would choose Kamino or Manaan. Or perhaps even Mon Cal, though it was never shown in media. My second choice would probably be Endor because if the cuddly wildlife.

Spending most of my life in cold weather area I would never choose Hoth in a Million years! lol
I also cannot stand the heat either so Tatooine or any similar World is out.

Reaction score
I would live at Jabba's Palace. Mainly for the debauchery but also have much appreciation for someone who displays humans as game trophies.

Reaction score
Coruscant all the way. It's like Blade Runner nirvana, lol I choose this as it is shown in the SE.

Reaction score
In the Star Wars Universe, there's no place I'd rather be than the comfy pilots seat of a VCX-100 light freighter, going wherever I want to. :)

Reaction score
the Rocky Mountain Planet, aka: Alderaan.

(conditional: I could do without that Death Star. just saying).

Reaction score
Where I wouldn't want to live comes to mind quicker...haha! I've def. got to pass on Hoth. I can't see how anyone would opt for it. It would be so miserable, not to mention boring. I'm def. going to skip over any sort of environment that can kill me on the mere premise of just standing in its atmosphere. And that's just addressing the cold temperatures, that's excluding the Yeti-like murder monsters. Dagobah is another that immediately comes to mind as a massive pass. No two ways about it...it just looks uncomfortable. The planet is basically a gigantic and disgusting petri dish.

For PT, well confession: one of my biggest phobias is vast open water, so Kamino is immediately out. For starters, I can't swim...and then I shudder to think what kind of horrifically massive sea monsters live in those oceans. The place would be purely a nightmare for me. Geonosis just looks kind of empty, plus I'm not a big fan of insects...so a planet populated by humanoid bugs is far from appealing to me. Much like Hoth, Mustafar is basically on the same spectrum...but opposite end. I'm going to skip visiting a planet where, if I so much as trip, I might die. I don't want to wake up and look out on a pure hellscape in the morn.

Tatooine is a mixed bag for me. It sort of depends on where you are. A moisture farming life might not be terrible, but I would imagine bland. Whereas Jabba's Palace or other Cities like Mos Espa and Eisley may be more exciting and I enjoy them as a fantasy location perhaps most of all, but actually LIVING there is something else entirely. They're riddled with crime and unsavory characters. It's kind of the same for me with Yavin, I'd prefer it to some...but I don't think I'd pick it. I can just imagine the awful humidity. Endor is also the same. I love forests, camping, and things of that nature...but the issue is would I want an entire life of that? No. So I think I'd love to visit it, but not dwell there.

The ones that immediately come to mind as a serious contender for my choice would be Coruscant, Cloud City, Naboo, and Scarif.

I like life in the big city, so Coruscant would be appealing to me. I'd def. want to visit, maybe even spend SOME of my life there, but I could see myself wanting to get out eventually. Plus I can't exactly see myself being able to live in the "better" upper portions, I'd probably be closer to the lower slum areas and that can, potentially, be as dangerous as Mos Eisley. But the fact there seems to be tons of entertainment is very appealing.

Naboo would be pretty ideal. It's def. the closest to Earth. It's a rather lovely planet filled with all kinds of diverse environments as opposed to the usual single topographic atmosphere SW planets have. I could def. see myself wanting to at least summer there.

Scarif might have been my first choice...had it not become occupied by the Empire. It's basically the SW Caribbean. If you remove the Imperial side of it, I could def. see myself retiring here.

Cloud City is, for me, basically the best of Coruscant...and lacks the worst of Coruscant. It seems rather lovely, not too drastically different to real life...just in an elevated sci-fi way.

I'm going Cloud City for the majority of my life, Coruscant for a stint, Naboo as a summer retreat, Endor for camping trips, and Scarif as my retirement plan.

So if this be just OT, then Cloud City.

Last edited:
Reaction score
DS1 - good school systems family friendly, Star city is affordable on a trooper's salary & the whole city is a giant escape pod if there was any real trouble. Krenic is a great leader & always thinks of the large civilian population before any kind of military activity. Best place to live! thank you Emperor

3 hours later...............
🎼🎶525,600 troopers, 525,000 families, how do count the messure of their lives?🎵

DS1 -Never Forget!