which NON last 17 figures are the most aggravating for you to find?

Reaction score
The Imperial Dignitary. I found it, bought it and now I'm aggravated. ;)

Seriously, who decided to make this lemon?
I can relieve your aggravation - ship it my way, and I'll send you a watermelon instead. For a "lemon" of a figure, he is a pain to track down. I've only had one person on RS offer one in trade / sale, and the guy wanted more than what it costs on ebay...

Reaction score
I can relieve your aggravation - ship it my way, and I'll send you a watermelon instead. For a "lemon" of a figure, he is a pain to track down. I've only had one person on RS offer one in trade / sale, and the guy wanted more than what it costs on ebay...
Name and shame. We’ll throw lemons and watermelons at him.

Reaction score
I won my second one at a real toy auction... in a room... with other people. :)

Also managed to pick up a few other rare figures that day for reasonable prices, including pop-up lightsabre R2, Barada and Yak Face.
anakin played nice the rest of the last 17 are the bane of my existence.
and why does the last 17 appeal to collectors so? thast what i never understsood.
they were the last figures made but it dosent make them any better than any of the other figures.
hell from what i hear nobody wanted them and they warmed pegs in the final days of 1985.
certainly had i known what they would become or seen them i would have gotten them then with my much recited list of the original 7 figures i had since then.

Reaction score
I think scarcity(not sure how to really determine that) compared to the first 79 figures and the fact a lot of us lost interest in collecting Star Wars figures after ROTJ came out has led to the demand for the Last 17. I can't pay the money these figures are bringing just to try and complete a complete set. I have been able to purchase a few that I really wanted by selling some of my original duplicates from the original run.
I actually believe the fact they warmed the pegs back in the day has led to the demand for them currently if that makes sense.

Reaction score
Its probably similar to the animated Droids figures - they were originally left on the pegs when interest waned, and were clearanced out. In some cases, a portion of the stock may have even been discarded, reducing the overall supply.

Reaction score
Back in the early 90s like 91 or so they had potf figs taped to threepio cases for 3 dollars.you got 3 or 4 figs and clearly remember luke stormtrooper han carbonite amanaman and imperial dignitary taped to one. All for the price of one carded GI Joe....

Reaction score
Back in the early 90s like 91 or so they had potf figs taped to threepio cases for 3 dollars.you got 3 or 4 figs and clearly remember luke stormtrooper han carbonite amanaman and imperial dignitary taped to one. All for the price of one carded GI Joe....
I would have bought that just for Amanaman - thats something I never remember seeing during the vintage days. I loved aliens as a kid, and they're still my favorite now. Not sure I would have been into the dignitary, but I did love the Emperor figure. I was only collecting during the ROTJ release, so I saw the animated Droids & Ewoks figures as well, but I dont recall the last 17 - perhaps stores werent even ordering those waves? The only last 17 I owned was Anakin, and that was from a mailaway.

I went to a flea market today, and spotted a bunch of loose vintage, including the Imperial Dignitary - it had multiple paint rubs, including at least three on the face, and guy wanted $70...lol. That's part of the problem too, no matter the figures condition, many resellers think they have gold.

Reaction score
Been to multiple Flea markets and antique stores and the vendors prices are outrageous!!!! However in my area I have two nice collectable toy shops and there prices have come down a ton???

Reaction score
I would have bought that just for Amanaman - thats something I never remember seeing during the vintage days. I loved aliens as a kid, and they're still my favorite now. Not sure I would have been into the dignitary, but I did love the Emperor figure. I was only collecting during the ROTJ release, so I saw the animated Droids & Ewoks figures as well, but I dont recall the last 17 - perhaps stores werent even ordering those waves? The only last 17 I owned was Anakin, and that was from a mailaway.

I went to a flea market today, and spotted a bunch of loose vintage, including the Imperial Dignitary - it had multiple paint rubs, including at least three on the face, and guy wanted $70...lol. That's part of the problem too, no matter the figures condition, many resellers think they have gold.
ugh i feel ogliged to make a tywin lannister reference here.
except these resellers that do that dont sh** gold they just sh**.
i suppose im just an embittered person when it comes to all this. i cant throw out hundreds of $$ for a single figure.

Reaction score
Haha - and checking ebay sold auctions from last month, I found Imperial Dignitaries in better condition for $41, 45, 51, 53 - so resellers need to be a bit more knowledgeable. Of course some with paint rubs on the nose still go into the $70s, but I really blame the buyers for that. The market can be corrected, but usually only from the buyers end. I'm still hoping for more news about the Retro line by Hasbro, because while I'd love to own a vintage Kenner dignitary, I'm not going to at this rate, because I refuse to pay those prices. Hopefully he's among the slated reissues, along with Amanaman.

Reaction score
People have no clue as to the actual value of star wars items. They ignore the value of the item is directly attributed to condition and completeness. It is a unique situation due to the fact that there are literally millions of these out there. And more specifically the fact that the value of the components individually, often outweigh the incomplete examples. For instance a luke stormtrooper is in itself more common than the value lets on. The helmet is easily say 30 percent rarer and the black blaster even more so. So the base value is determined by the highest value (a complete loose example) and the value degrades as the completeness and condition diminish. So people have a hard time assining a proper value. Example a black blaster is more valuable than a loose incomplete example.The people unfarmilliar with the actual formula then ignore condition and the value of the accessory. It sounds so scientific, but easier to say that an incomplete beater isn't your retirement fund. Your darth vader may have a saber, but it has no tip. Therefore not complete. The torn cape is not a complete item either. And those paint rubs hurt. Also add that the figure was available from 78 until 85. Therefore asking 10 dollars for it seems about fair. Instead this is in the local antique shop at 80 dollars. Any of us would pass it up. But I feel there is some uninformed person that might purchase it. That is unfortunate. Because the brand holds value, doesn't mean the item does. Ugh i went down the rabbit hole here. Bottom line is if its a turd, even a Star wars turd, it is a turd....lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
People have no clue as to the actual value of star wars items. They ignore the value of the item is directly attributed to condition and completeness. It is a unique situation due to the fact that there are literally millions of these out there. And more specifically the fact that the value of the components individually, often outweigh the incomplete examples. For instance a luke stormtrooper is in itself more common than the value lets on. The helmet is easily say 30 percent rarer and the black blaster even more so. So the base value is determined by the highest value (a complete loose example) and the value degrades as the completeness and condition diminish. So people have a hard time assining a proper value. Example a black blaster is more valuable than a loose incomplete example.The people unfarmilliar with the actual formula then ignore condition and the value of the accessory. It sounds so scientific, but easier to say that an incomplete beater isn't your retirement fund. Your darth vader may have a saber, but it has no tip. Therefore not complete. The torn cape is not a complete item either. And those paint rubs hurt. Also add that the figure was available from 78 until 85. Therefore asking 10 dollars for it seems about fair. Instead this is in the local antique shop at 80 dollars. Any of us would pass it up. But I feel there is some uninformed person that might purchase it. That is unfortunate. Because the brand holds value, doesn't mean the item does. Ugh i went down the rabbit hole here. Bottom line is if its a turd, even a Star wars turd, it is a turd....lol
me no good with math. hulk hate math.
i feel like greed is a lot to do with it too because they can ask and some wacko will pay it somewhere.
speaking of which, my ben kenobi has no tip on his saber, vader has slight tear in his cape but it is original so to me that makes up for it.
im still not sure vaders saber is real (using tig is in conclusive as it could be two differnt versions of an original or it could be a repro) but thast off topic.
i suppose in this context the last 17 are rarer since they were peg warmers and as you said figures like vader were available the entire run from 78 to 85 making him more common.
i suppose there are millions out there but degrading conditions and those d*cks at rlm melting perfectly good figures isnt helping things.
right now i honestly cant find a good farm luke under 40$ and last year it was around 35 or so for a near mint figure. wicket almost alway has a repro staff and same with bwings pilots blaster.
several months back i saw paploo and lumat (or was it warok and romba? i think it was paploo) complete for 110$
pricy yes but it would have saved me the trouble but alas i want able to get it.

Reaction score
Emperor's Royal Guard was the most difficult one for me to track down in the wild. Finally found one at a local flea market (this was about 15 years ago though). As for the Ewoks and Droids lines, Sisse Fromm was the most difficult to find, followed by a loose Uncle Gundy (most of the Gundys available three years ago were carded, for some reason).

[I prefer beater figures, since they match the 30 or so figures I still have from my 80s childhood, and I tend to follow the Velveteen Rabbit philosophy: a beater is a loved toy.]

Last edited:
Reaction score
For me it was Death Star Droid. Very difficult to find it nice and shiny.
Death Star Droid and R5D4 are the most difficult to find if you are picky about condition hands down. While neither is rare, ive had to upgrade them several times until I was satisfied. Same goes for the dignitary and Luke Jedi, i refuse to have poop nose examples in my collection. Its such a pet peeve.

Reaction score
I think that issue plagues many loose collectors. For me, deco is the main aspect of a good figure, so I wont add heavily worn figures to my collection. Sometimes it can take years to track down a sample that I find suitable. I suppose that's part of the "thrill of the hunt", but it can also be a daunting task.

Reaction score
Death Star Droid and R5D4 are the most difficult to find if you are picky about condition hands down. While neither is rare, ive had to upgrade them several times until I was satisfied. Same goes for the dignitary and Luke Jedi, i refuse to have poop nose examples in my collection. Its such a pet peeve.
oh god i know it! i upgraded jedi luke a while back and ended up duped with a repro palace blaster :( but got a snap cloak out of it thoguh his nose STILL has a tny rub it isnt as bad as before.

Reaction score
I think scarcity(not sure how to really determine that) compared to the first 79 figures and the fact a lot of us lost interest in collecting Star Wars figures after ROTJ came out has led to the demand for the Last 17. I can't pay the money these figures are bringing just to try and complete a complete set. I have been able to purchase a few that I really wanted by selling some of my original duplicates from the original run.
I actually believe the fact they warmed the pegs back in the day has led to the demand for them currently if that makes sense.
For me, personally, it was a case where I remember seeing every one of them on the pegs, in TRU & KB, but only being allowed to get some of them before my parents simply wouldn't let us by SW toys anymore, because it was "out of style." Luckily, I managed to get my two most wanted figures, Han in Carbonite (only saw this one once, the day I got it) & Amanaman before the end was forced on me. I was missing Stormy Luke until about 19 years ago, when I got him in a comics shop for close to $200. The final four I needed, Imp. Dignitary, Imp. Gunner, EV-9D9, & Romba, remained missing from my collection until last year, and it cost me close to $1,000 to get all four, in part because a complete, intact EV-9D9 doesn't come cheap on ebay. And Yak Face - I saw one in a comics shop in the late 90's for $300 LOOSE - can't find even one like that for a reasonable price on ebay these days, and I refuse to get one of those knockoffs. Since he was never available in the US anyway, I consider my collection complete, as I'd have never had a shot at him as a kid anyway.

Reaction score
For me, personally, it was a case where I remember seeing every one of them on the pegs, in TRU & KB, but only being allowed to get some of them before my parents simply wouldn't let us by SW toys anymore, because it was "out of style." Luckily, I managed to get my two most wanted figures, Han in Carbonite (only saw this one once, the day I got it) & Amanaman before the end was forced on me. I was missing Stormy Luke until about 19 years ago, when I got him in a comics shop for close to $200. The final four I needed, Imp. Dignitary, Imp. Gunner, EV-9D9, & Romba, remained missing from my collection until last year, and it cost me close to $1,000 to get all four, in part because a complete, intact EV-9D9 doesn't come cheap on ebay. And Yak Face - I saw one in a comics shop in the late 90's for $300 LOOSE - can't find even one like that for a reasonable price on ebay these days, and I refuse to get one of those knockoffs. Since he was never available in the US anyway, I consider my collection complete, as I'd have never had a shot at him as a kid anyway.
great bob! :D always good when you can get most of them hunted down.

Reaction score
well since im down to three non last 17 figures not counting the band im going to point accusingly at farm luke, bwing pilot(that damned blaster!) and wicket (that damned spear! :p ) as the hardest to get ahold of.

Reaction score
Ebay! Won’t be “aggravating” in the least. One w an authentic kenner blaster will cost double as the blaster alone is worth more than the figure itself (as is the case w lots of common figures)