which NON last 17 figures are the most aggravating for you to find?

Reaction score
right now even loose jawas are like 34$ on ebay unless you buy without accessories and those just end up costing more.
the only non last 17 figures i need now are luke, jawa bwing pilot and wicket. and those are pretty costly some times.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah , I really don't understand this market right now. Prices are all over the place and no consistency at all. Garbage lots sell high, while good figures sell lower than expected. Bids out of control with 6 days left with a much better looking figure ending in a few hours having zero bids. Shill bidding perhaps , or some really silly buyers.

It's almost like these sellers are throwing out numbers to see what sticks.

I'm playing the wait and see game. The bottom will drop out soon enough. Prices will go back down to an acceptable rate in due time. Not saying you will get a blue snag for 50 bucks, but closer to the 150, 200 dollar mark. It almost seems that this ridiculous price increase is working, but I would also like to see how real or legit these sales really are.

Is anyone here spending that much on these figs?

Reaction score
right now even loose jawas are like 34$ on ebay unless you buy without accessories and those just end up costing more.
the only non last 17 figures i need now are luke, jawa bwing pilot and wicket. and those are pretty costly some times.
Does the B-wing go for much? If you're interested, I have a spare B-wing pilot, but no spare blaster. Really good shape. Open to trades if you have any loose/incomplete spares that I might need. I've been meaning to post my extras on the classifieds, but figured I'd do some purchases first and build up some feedback / fill in any missing accessories I need.

As for my most aggravating to find, it's a reasonably priced, clean, complete ANH Leia, or a nice & complete Hoth Leia. Last I checked there was one complete on eBay with a (claimed to be) real blaster.

Reaction score
ill think about it lando though i can find a loose pilot for 10$ its that accursed mother smurfing endor blaster that drives the price through the roof.
the only extra figures i have for trade are a very beat up lobot with a wonky stretchy neck and missing thumb (hes as garbage as he sounds)
a beat up bespin leia with no acessories and a decent endor leia with a spotted discolored leg and a spare poncho i could throw in but it could be a repro im not sure. it looks a little too bright and crisply square in shape.
other than the leg she doesnt look bad.
loose bwing pilots are so high ive considered just paying 60$ for a carded one.
so toyman lets play confessional. the record for most i have ever payed for a figure is 50$ for a complete atst driver.
previous record holders were
40$ for a jedi luke (with a repro blaster i found out later after the fact)
35$ for deena shan (in modern)
and 32$ for sila kott (modern awing pilot)

Last edited:
Reaction score
ill think about it lando though i can find a loose pilot for 10$ its that accursed mother smurfing endor blaster that drives the price through the roof.
the only extra figures i have for trade are a very beat up lobot with a wonky stretchy neck and missing thumb (hes as garbage as he sounds)
a beat up bespin leia with no acessories and a decent endor leia with a spotted discolored leg and a spare poncho i could throw in but it could be a repro im not sure. it looks a little too bright and crisply square in shape.
other than the leg she doesnt look bad.
Yes, that blaster. I think I need one more of those, as well... Anyhow, if you decide you need him, hit me up. I'd let it go for less than eBay definitely, as I have no use for extras and would rather help someone get closer to a full set. Now if only you needed an IG-88, a Lando or a Chewie. I have complete dupes of all 3 (2 extras of each, actually, go figure).

Reaction score
Yes, that blaster. I think I need one more of those, as well... Anyhow, if you decide you need him, hit me up. I'd let it go for less than eBay definitely, as I have no use for extras and would rather help someone get closer to a full set. Now if only you needed an IG-88, a Lando or a Chewie. I have complete dupes of all 3 (2 extras of each, actually, go figure).
only if its a general lando :p
i even have completed smiling and non smiling landos as well as a complete skiff lando.
i dont suppose you have ig88s short blaster though? the one i got has the long rifle only.
i just bouuht a bowcaster for chewie like a month or so back.
i can list the acessories i need for others.
you never know who has extras.
i need a cape for anh leia as well my bespin one is torn but original.
I need 2-imperial blaster's-IG-88/Hammerhead
I need all Leia blasters (except boushh)
Biker Scout Trooper Blaster
Bespin luke blaster
jedi luke palace blaster
Luke green saber
tie Pilot blaster
cloud car pilot blaster and comm
Gammorean Axe
Yoda and Emperor canes
also any last 17 acessories would be welcome as those are impossible to afford loose let alone compete.
espcially spears for warok or wicket (or is it romba he shares with?)
because i feel like its hard to complete wicket because everyone is buying the spears for romba or whoever.

Last edited:
Reaction score
only if its a general lando :p
i even have completed smiling and non smiling landos as well as a complete skiff lando.
i dont suppose you have ig88s short blaster though? the one i got has the long rifle only.
i just bouuht a bowcaster for chewie like a month or so back.
i can list the acessories i need for others.
you never know who has extras.
i need a cape for anh leia as well my bespin one is torn but original.
I need 2-imperial blaster's-IG-88/Hammerhead
I need all Leia blasters (except boushh)
Biker Scout Trooper Blaster
Bespin luke blaster
jedi luke palace blaster
Luke green saber
tie Pilot blaster
cloud car pilot blaster and comm
Gammorean Axe
Yoda and Emperor canes
also any last 17 acessories would be welcome as those are impossible to afford loose let alone compete.
espcially spears for warok or wicket (or is it romba he shares with?)
because i feel like its hard to complete wicket because everyone is buying the spears for romba or whoever.
The spare Landos are the normal one, unfortunately - one smiling, one not. While both IGs are complete w/both rifle & blaster, I may have an extra Imperial blaster or two outside of that. I'd have to double-check, as well as confirm that I'm not missing any figures that need them (I'm pretty sure that I have them all). The only spare Emperor cane I have is bagged with the figure.

Reaction score
I have a hard time seeing dark green brown-snake Yodas. I had one as a kid. I’ve always wanted another one.

Reaction score
For me, it’s finding a flesh tone plastic/painted hair Jedi Luke at a price I’m willing to pay. They’re way more rare than the mustard yellow plastic/painted face version.

I can’t bring myself to pay a fortune for one because all I want is the head. I managed to find an extra Endor Luke in great shape at a thrift shop. No poncho. I want the flesh plastic/painted hair Jedi Luke head to put on the Endor Luke body so I can have a Death Star II Luke. I want that specific Luke head to help make the figure stand out a little better from just being an Endor Luke with a Jedi Luke head.

I keep hoping that one day I’ll find one on eBay with a perfect head and a trashed body.

Reaction score
i just wanted a moulded head luke with a nose.
even when i thought he was perfect the aslt one i got still had a dot on his nos though hes worlds better than the ones i started out with.
i regret not buying the trashed luke i saw that time that had a lightsaber

Reaction score
i just wanted a moulded head luke with a nose.
even when i thought he was perfect the aslt one i got still had a dot on his nos though hes worlds better than the ones i started out with.
i regret not buying the trashed luke i saw that time that had a lightsaber
Yeah, the chip on the nose is annoying. I’ve probably had over 10 different Jedi Lukes over the years and I think only 3-4 of them didn’t have at least a small chip in the paint of the nose.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i thought the taiwan versions were the way to go but i guess not.
I might have misunderstood you. When you said "molded head" were you referring to the flesh plastic head with painted hair or the mustard yellow plastic head with painted face. When you mentioned the dot on the nose I assumed you were referring to the painted face version.

All the Jedi Lukes I've ever owned have had the painted face. I've never even seen the flesh plastic with painted hair version in person. Every single Jedi Luke I've ever seen at a comic shop or convention has had the painted face.

I never paid attention to whether the Jedi Lukes I had were Hong Kong or Taiwan versions. Not sure if one version or the other is more susceptible to the paint on the nose chipping. Even the painted hair version can often have paint wear on the hair. I think Jedi Luke got so much play that he's just likely to have some paint wear no matter which head version you get.

Reaction score
well originally i had heard that the taiwan lukes had a moulded face and painted hair rather than the chip nosed luke we all seem to have in our collections.
then after i got one it was STILL a painted face. i havent found a non painted face yet but i keep hoping for one.
most all of my figures are from hong kong except for at st driver, boushh leia royal guard and maybe jedi luke 2.

Reaction score
All molded head (meaning: the entire head molded in fleshtone plastic, painted hair) Jedi Lukes are Taiwan. Painted head (meaning: the entire head molded in hair-colored plastic, painted face) can be either Taiwan or Hong Kong. Only the painted head is susceptible to nose paint loss. And yes, to get a molded head Luke Jedi with nice hair is almost as much as a pain as getting a painted face without a nose rub. :-S

Reaction score
ok so to my understanding here you can get either version from both countries but only taiwan made the molded one.
now to FIND one. :p
and as if i didnt have enough disappointment with that figure for the price i paid he had a repro pistol too. even though the seller said it wasnt.
oh well the snap cloak was at least real.
maybe :p

Reaction score
For me, it's not so much the inability to find, but more of the willingness to pay a lot of money for Warok, thick neck Han in carbonite and Yak moc. I have Yak loose, and the other two are meh figures to me.

Reaction score
In checking some loose figure prices recently, I've noticed many loose figures have doubled in price since 2010- '11. Not just last 15-17 figures, Blue Snag, first 12 figures, etc. The only ones that haven't doubled (but maybe x1.4 - 1.5 times in value) are certain ROTJ figures (Klattu, Weequay, etc). Just an observation, but a real observation none the less.

Reaction score
right now the biggest problem im having is the last 4 common figures before the last 17 i need luke,jawa,bwing pilot and wicket. after that its the last 17 and rebo band.
im not going to delve to greedily or too deep into droids (lest i awake shadow and flame :p ) because those are even more absurd than the last 17 whe nit comes to high prices.

Reaction score
I agree. Prices are thru the roof right now for certain production things, but mainly nice loose- complete figures (weapons are getting greedy pricy ….just hold out for a complete figure, is usually best course of action), and MIB/ MISB pieces are picking up steam (but they take up more room….so those ebb/flow. If you have the space it could be good, but that is one major hinderance of collecting larger playlets/ vehicles. Same goes for store displays ++

2010 you could get a clean Luke Storm complete for $125 , now it's easily $225-250. For those of you collecting now, it's not a pretty sight.

Last edited:
Reaction score
still out of my league. the most i ever payed for a vintage figure was 50$ for an atst driver to get that damned blaster.
i payed 40 for a jedi luke with what turned out to be a repro blaster the seller pulled one over on me i thought it as legit.
well at least i got a better jedi luke and a snap cloak out of it.

Reaction score
There are just certain figs I won't buy unless the price is something I can't pass up. I have a complete set already. I'm talking DT figs, hollow cheek tusken, red bar R5. Just can't justify the price. I would love to get my hands on an early bird set but not right now. That may be the only item on this list that I would save up for and wait till I can get one for the price I can justify.

I'm fortunate enough to have all the figs including all last 17 (without coins) but I'm not going for those at all.

Reaction score
Non-Yellowed Stormtroopers and Snowtroopers. I want to replace a few Snowtroopers that are turning yellow, and add a few more Stormies to my Death Star. They are not impossible to find, but prices are getting too high.

Reaction score
A really nice, clean Death Star Droid has proven to be continuously problematic for me to track down.

Yes!!!! I'm always frightened of touch ups with the DSD because it's pretty easy for someone to do. I've got one I want to upgrade, but unless I can see it in person I'm skeptical with pictures. The only situation I'd buy on online based on a picture is if I know the source well. To me all the other figures are easily obtainable depending on how much you want to spend, but the DSD is tough. And don't get me started on the limbs. If you can find one with nice paint and tight limbs they start pushing $40-$50.

Reaction score
toyman i just cant really get into variants much though ive made a few exceptions.
i got both landos smiling and non smiling mainly because when i got my cloud car it was a lot that included lobot, non smiling lando, white bsg, and ccp.
however i always wanted the smling one to start with and these figures were mostly beaters.
landos head is sticky and something black is flaking off like his hair was repainted,lobot has a weird stretchy neck and broken thumb i didnt notice before.
only ccp and bsg went so bad as to be replaced later. i also had to get their acceories seperately. (still need ccps blaster and comm link)
i replaced lobot as well with a much nicer one.
i also got a brown haired bespin luke because i feel like its more accurate and also my first one was such a beater it had to be replaced.
dj i was lucky to get a nice enough stormtrooper way back when i was young through the now defunct johns toys that all i needed was a blaster to complete him. thankfully i did that.
thank fully my snow trooper is very white and nice looking with what seems to be real acc best i can tell.
he does have some slight paint wear on his gloves but he hasnt yellowed at least.
hey snow trooper! its been a while! my dsd has some paint wear but it almost gives him character and makes him look like the one in the sand crawler. i wish i had a new r5 d4 though his a little loose and floppy.
also he also clicked like one time then never clicked again.
also id like to add that paying so much more for an atst driver infuriates me because back in 1994 it was 6$ in a sealed kenner baggie. now those are like 40$ or more.
ive considerd a carded bwin pilot just because thers barely any differance in price between complete loose/ baggie and carded. just a 20$ range of 40$ to 60$
wampa mine dsd has tight enough limbs but mine has bad paint.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Adam_L;2018957 2010 you could get a clean Luke Storm complete for $125 said:
I don't even want to say what I paid for my stormy Luke. hahaha. He's the only figure I paid over market value for because I was picky in wanting a dead mint one. I'll just say I paid more for him then I did my NM Yak Face, making him the most expensive loose figure in my collection. But he sure is perrrrrrty.

Reaction score
toyman i just cant really get into variants much though ive made a few exceptions.
i got both landos smiling and non smiling mainly because when i got my cloud car it was a lot that included lobot, non smiling lando, white bsg, and ccp.
however i always wanted the smling one to start with and these figures were mostly beaters.
landos head is sticky and something black is flaking off like his hair was repainted,lobot has a weird stretchy neck and broken thumb i didnt notice before.
only ccp and bsg went so bad as to be replaced later. i also had to get their acceories seperately. (still need ccps blaster and comm link)
i replaced lobot as well with a much nicer one.
i also got a brown haired bespin luke because i feel like its more accurate and also my first one was such a beater it had to be replaced.
dj i was lucky to get a nice enough stormtrooper way back when i was young through the now defunct johns toys that all i needed was a blaster to complete him. thankfully i did that.
thank fully my snow trooper is very white and nice looking with what seems to be real acc best i can tell.
he does have some slight paint wear on his gloves but he hasnt yellowed at least.
hey snow trooper! its been a while! my dsd has some paint wear but it almost gives him character and makes him look like the one in the sand crawler. i wish i had a new r5 d4 though his a little loose and floppy.
also he also clicked like one time then never clicked again.
also id like to add that paying so much more for an atst driver infuriates me because back in 1994 it was 6$ in a sealed kenner baggie. now those are like 40$ or more.
ive considerd a carded bwin pilot just because thers barely any differance in price between complete loose/ baggie and carded. just a 20$ range of 40$ to 60$
wampa mine dsd has tight enough limbs but mine has bad paint.

I'm not super into the variant thing either. I've gone through and completed the first 79 and most of the last 17, and now I'm going back and upgrading to the variants I want to display. Don't need 2 or 3 of each figures to display, just the variants I want which tend to be the hardest to find. Molded legs Hoth Han, Orange Hair Luke, Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider, Brown Snake Yoda, Red Bar R5, Smiling Lando, and VC Jawa. You know the ones that will take my next years salary to afford. hahaha. I've done some of the easier ones like Univisor Snowtrooper, but haven't dived too deep yet. Just waiting as deals come along.

Reaction score
The Imperial Dignitary. I found it, bought it and now I'm aggravated. ;)

Seriously, who decided to make this lemon?

Reaction score

if you dont want him ill take him off your hands :p
th thing i find funny is everyone seems like they hate the impdig and the ewoks yet they all have him and want absurd prices for him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not super into the variant thing either. I've gone through and completed the first 79 and most of the last 17, and now I'm going back and upgrading to the variants I want to display. Don't need 2 or 3 of each figures to display, just the variants I want which tend to be the hardest to find. Molded legs Hoth Han, Orange Hair Luke, Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider, Brown Snake Yoda, Red Bar R5, Smiling Lando, and VC Jawa. You know the ones that will take my next years salary to afford. hahaha. I've done some of the easier ones like Univisor Snowtrooper, but haven't dived too deep yet. Just waiting as deals come along.
i forgot to mention him i want a visor snow trooper maybe an incomplete one to man my tripod mini rig.

Reaction score
Yes!!!! I'm always frightened of touch ups with the DSD because it's pretty easy for someone to do. I've got one I want to upgrade, but unless I can see it in person I'm skeptical with pictures. The only situation I'd buy on online based on a picture is if I know the source well. To me all the other figures are easily obtainable depending on how much you want to spend, but the DSD is tough. And don't get me started on the limbs. If you can find one with nice paint and tight limbs they start pushing $40-$50.
I hear you, Wampa. If I could find one with excellent paint; I'd sacrifice tightness of the limbs (I simply need one capable of standing straight, on a stand and in a case). But as you said, they are easily "restored" as some sellers put it; and pictures are typically something to be leery of in this figure's case.

Reaction score

Haha, one person's trash is another's treasure; as they say. I love the Imperial Dignitary so much I bought him twice!! (Well, because in an act of desperation I sold my first one to help raise funds for something else). I have a nice, minty Imperial Dignitary and he's among my favorites in my collection!

Reaction score

ahahaha. He is at times a boring character, but great for recreating Death Star scenes. He's also fun to sneak into other scenes in the background. There should be a Where's ID book that follows the Where's Waldo model.

Last edited: