which NON last 17 figures are the most aggravating for you to find?

Reaction score
im down to needing 26 figures including most of the last 17 (i have anakin)
but the other figures are driving me nearly as bat**** insane as the last 17.
some of the biggest annoyances are farm luke, han solo, jawa, the rebo band,bwing pilot, at st driver.
what about you? what figures elude you?

Reaction score
Blue Snaggletooth in good torso/arm paint matching condition wasn't easy (unless I went graded) to find, but I finally did.

Still haven't found a hollow cheek tusken raider yet.

Reaction score
Easily death star droid is the most frustrating if you are pi ky about condition. R5D4 is a close second. Followed by complete cloud car pilot and leia bespin and hoth complete to round out the list. I personally do not count the rebo band as a part of the figure line nor Jabba or Wampa. Just the figures on the back of the card.

Reaction score
ive seen the hollow tusken on ebay for insane prices. i want bluesnag but i doubt ill ever afford him.
lobot i dont count those either except for the band i sort of do. my deathstar droid has paint wear and my r5 d4 is pretty beat up.
indeed thso leia blasters are a pain. i have good figures but no blasters. those freaking ccp acessorys.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, I would have to agree on the death star droid. There are plenty available ,however the condition is usually not that good. R5D4 as well as any R2 fall under the same because of their stickers. It took me a while to find nice collectors pieces for both droids.

The paint always suffers with the death star droid.

Reaction score
When i first started re acquiring my collection I started in order. I found a minty r2 and bought him first for 10 bucks. I also grabbed a complete leia and luke for 10 each as well. Small head Han was 15 Seems like the first 12 are very popular now because they command a hefty price for the heroes.

Reaction score
And if you just breathe too hard around a death star droid the paint chips off...lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think for most it's blue snag, but I got lucky in a figure collection I bought years back that had a minty one included in it. Next in line is easily a card fresh Death Star Droid. Several have been touched up to look like new, so unless you get it from a reputable source I would just be somewhat prepared for a let down if it turns out that the shoulders and eyes were repainted. FB Luke in fresh condition is tougher to find a great deal on too, you'll likely just end up having to pay up for it. Honestly, finding a card fresh Stormtrooper with perfect paint and no yellowing is a tougher and tougher feat to accomplish as well.

Reaction score
yeah i dodged several "touched up" listed ds droids. mine has paint wear so i guess he hasnt been touched up :p somehow the wear adds some believabilty and character to him.
farm luke is a total pita to find in remotely decent shape with a light saber. ill probably have to grab a loose figure then grab a loose saber for it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A word of warning Jade, Shell out the loot for a complete Luke. Finding an orignal saber is a daunting task and you will pay more for the saber than the figure that is IF one comes up with the tip intact. People usually hold onto the saber and find a good luke and pair them up. Save your sanity and buy this one complete.:D

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding a complete Droid Factory R2-D2 with a nice sticker. Not interested in a graded one, if anyone has one for sale let me know!
Jeff

Reaction score
A word of warning Jade, Shell out the loot for a complete Luke. Finding an orignal saber is a daunting task and you will pay more for the saber than the figure that is IF one comes up with the tip intact. People usually hold onto the saber and find a good luke and pair them up. Save your sanity and buy this one complete.:D

Bingo! $70-$80 is a decent deal on a complete blonde FB Luke w/ saber. Otherwise you'll pay typically more than $60 on just the saber. Then tack on $20-$30 for a decent FB figure and you could easily be upwards of $100 if you're not careful. I've got an extra FB Luke without a saber if you want to risk finding a good deal on a saber. He's in pretty good shape w/ minimal paint loss. But it's cheaper to just buy a complete one for $70ish. I'm going for the brown haired FB Luke myself, but trying to keep him around $100-$110 if I can find one.

Reaction score
i was lucky to find a bespin luke with brown hair but now his mismatched motly limbs annoy me. still no accessories for him.
i aint paying 80$ for a single figure UNLESS it were imperial dignitary. and even then i want if i dont have to.
let me know about that luke i might can find a saber for him.

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding a complete Droid Factory R2-D2 with a nice sticker. Not interested in a graded one, if anyone has one for sale let me know!
Jeff

There's one on the bay for about $100 starting bid, doesn't say but it looks like there is a small tear in the sticker. Otherwise it looks pretty nice and white. They're tough to find mint. On some facebook groups they come up periodically and are usually at $100 or slightly under. A lot of people out there demanding them now so I would think the price on them is going to start to jump a bit.

Reaction score
Thanks Wampa, think I've seen the one you're talking about. Not bad, but the seller is also part of the dreaded "Global Shipping program". I never purchase anything from anybody who is involved in that scam! I would also consider buying a complete Droid Factory if it had all the components for the R2-D2 in nice shape. Then, just need to list everything else on the 'bay!
Jeff

Last edited:
Reaction score
whast the gobal shipping scam? last night some weird program popped up i forget what it was called but it might have been that. it was when i ordered admiral ackbar and maz kanata black series. and just becuse i need to vent i thought i had a 6 inch ackbar but its the small one.

Reaction score
Thanks Wampa, think I've seen the one you're talking about. Not bad, but the seller is also part of the dreaded "Global Shipping program". I never purchase anything from anybody who is involved in that scam! I would also consider buying a complete Droid Factory if it had all the components for the R2-D2 in nice shape. Then, just need to list everything else on the 'bay!
Jeff

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Droid-Factory-1979-COMPLETE-ORIGINAL-KENNER-NICE-LQQK/254127114058?hash=item3b2b28074a:g:42AAAOSw6o5cWlr1&LH_BIN=1

This one just came up today! Hell of of deal IMO. It's also listed as best offer, so you could probably work out a really sweet deal. Those pegs, rods, and tubes are tough to come by and with the box, yeah it's a steal

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's nice, but seller is not allowing buyers from Canada. He is also blocking international buyers from sending him messages. Part of the problem not living in the states, don't know why sellers want to block any buyers from purchasing from them.

Reaction score
Probably around $35-$40. Just noticed the decal was crooked on that one, going to keep searching!

Reaction score
Probably around $35-$40. Just noticed the decal was crooked on that one, going to keep searching!

Yeah saw that too. Was going to offer to pick it up for you if you needed just the R2. I've got him, but need the box, pegs, and the two axles to finish my Droid Factory. If you change your mind let me know and I see if I can help get you one across the border ;)

Reaction score
It's pretty cool that you offered to help out a total stranger Wampa, much appreciated!
Jeff

Reaction score
It's pretty cool that you offered to help out a total stranger Wampa, much appreciated!
Jeff

The positive experiences I've had within the community far out weigh the negative ones and I firmly believe that there's more good in this world than bad, but we tend to cast our eyes on the dark spots of life rather than the light. Just keep believing in people and the world will be a happier place.

Reaction score
so im happy to say that as my collection grows im gettign closer t obeing done with my lifes work.
how ever that mean that the last 17 (minus anakin and add in blue snag) is going to be harder to get.
that said heres the remaining non l17 figures i need.
farm luke
jawa
bwing pilot
wicket
the rebo band
blue snag

so really i should lump the band and snag in with the last 17 and
say that i just need 4 more figures to be done with the commons at least.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am missing only the Pop up Light saber R2-D2
Just haven't wanted to drop several hundred for it yet

Also need Droids figure & a couple Ewoks figures

Reaction score
i hear you man. anakin is the only aslt 17 figure i managed to get so far and im not going to spend hundreds of $ on them.
i dotn want to upset anyone but in the case of the last 17 ONLY im considering repro acessories (and stickers if need be in r2s case) just because i cant afford it.
i by no means support repros but im not rich enough to afford 150$ blasters for st luke either. (cue the angry mob)

Reaction score
<——angry mobster. Hey Jade no hard feelings. Besides maybe next time you order from snakeriverman he may send you another vintage one by mistake!

Reaction score
The absolute worst way to go is buying weapons by themselves. Sure fire way to get nothing for your money. Most of the time the completed figure is less than the weapon by itself .

Patients is key.

Reaction score
<——angry mobster. Hey Jade no hard feelings. Besides maybe next time you order from snakeriverman he may send you another vintage one by mistake!
btd2 i dont plan on buying from snakeriverman again
(but i suppose how else would i get them) but yes i understand how that sounds.
so far none of the angry mobsters i was thinkng of are present so im sorry to all of you if you thought i meant you.
yes wampa it is. heres the thing: ok I do not want to buy repros at all if i can avoid it.
HOWEVER for the last 17 ONLY because these things are so ungodly expensive theres kind of no choice there.
if i can find them complete for a price i can afford id do it.
heres the thing the way things are i dont have the final say with my finances so i have to talk with another party before each purchase andoften times i have to do some talking to get the
more expensive ones and so im not going to be buying an 500$ figures.
if it were up to me id have paid 100$ for the imp dig while we had the extra money. you have to understand that i dont w ant repros but sometimes its a necessary evil.
its like the old war adage of letting 10000 people die to save 1000000. i dont know what else to say. im just in a corner with repros.
lets take stormtrooper luke for an example.
Iam not paying 150$ for a blaster.
han said it best
"no blaster is worth this."
so heres what im thinking.
honestly if i ever get him im just going to give him a standard imperial blaster.
I know that will STILL give purists an aneurysm but at least it isnt a repro right?
i can do things like that where i can at least.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You don't need a black blaster a normal one is fine as issued on trilogos
good to know :D
i also wonder if one of my blasters i bought for my stormtrooper isnt a black one though it does have some blue translucent in the tip when i hold it up to light.
this is certainly the cheaper alternative but i wish i could say the same for the helmet.

Reaction score
good to know :D
i also wonder if one of my blasters i bought for my stormtrooper isnt a black one though it does have some blue translucent in the tip when i hold it up to light.
this is certainly the cheaper alternative but i wish i could say the same for the helmet.
If any light shines through even at the tip it isn't a true black blaster