Where to shop on Planet Houston:

Reaction score
I thought this might be an interesting topic since the recent finds at Walgreens came up. I thought it might be a good resource as it's own thread.

Obviously, there are a plethora of chain stores here - Targets, Walmarts, TRU, KB, Suncoast/Sam Goody - but at what other places do you find your toys? Old and new, SW or other stuff? I'm thinking along the lines of comic shops, flea market booths, smaller chains, mom n pops, etc.

Places I've been:

Bedrock City Comics (4 locations)
Nans
3rd Planet
Midnight Comics
DNA Comics (2 closed, so that leaves Humble?)

Any other places?

E>

Reaction score
animedave's closed down on westheimer, but i heard he opened a new shop out on the W or NW side of town.

Reaction score
Dave used to call hes shop Dave's World, and as far as I was concerned it was THE place to go for vintage stuff. Excellent service, excellent selection, and excellent prices. If he's still active, he would definitely be worth tracking down...

Reaction score
On the Northwest side there's a new place called "Invaders". It's on 1960 in the Champions area. It's in the exact same shopping center that Bam's used to be in. The guy is a big Star Wars fan and has a number of vintage items. Nice little store.

There's also Intergalactic Traders at 1960 and Perry. They have lots of vintage stuff, too, but it's all overpriced and the store seems to rarely be open.

The NW side is a bleak wasteland as far as comic and toy shops go.

Scott

Reaction score
there is a guy that has a booth in the flea market on highway 6 between bellaire and beechnut that has figures.

Reaction score
6? damn i didn't know those 2 streets went out that far. i'll have to check him out. anything good?

Reaction score
he has a web site but i have to remember it.

you can e-mail him and he will"get it for you".i have not been there for a while though.he has come through for me in the past.

Reaction score
at_at_commander said:
he has a web site but i have to remember it.

you can e-mail him and he will"get it for you".i have not been there for a while though.he has come through for me in the past.
You're talking about John. He's not at that flea market anymore but he is at Traders Village (West @ Eldridge). Also, he closed his website (www.jamstoys.com) at the beginning of this year.

mc

Reaction score
Does anyone know any stores carrying the Maul FX? I wanna see one before I buy it.

B