When is your collection finished or “complete”?

Reaction score
Well now I have moved on to Certified Autographed 8x10s. I get them myself and send off to be certified or buy them certified. I was supposed to meet the 4 hobbits last weekend at Megacon but they pulled out. I just did the Michael J Fox with Christopher Lloyd dual signed 8X10 with Official Pix so now I have to settle for them to also getting my 4 hobbits pic signed at the Dallas Expo. Already have a bunch of Star Wars . Going for the main characters but certainly going for the background ones even more. Makes the collection much more fun and complete. All Star Wars Lines are in the works.
Also a bunch of Football favorites of mine from the 70s through early 2000 I've been collecting those for almost 20 years now.

(I HATE SAYING 20 YEARS AGO AND STILL BEING IN MY 20s:confused:)

Reaction score
I would argue this is a very subjective question, and my answer on it changes quite a bit from time to time.

I've collected Star Wars, GI Joe, Indiana Jones, guitars, and WW2 militaria. I'd say a collection is 'complete' when you have a goal in my mind. Initially, my goal was to have one of every vintage Kenner figure, but over time, I became happy with the First 12. That's what I've kept, so I suppose you could say my collection went from 'incomplete' to 'complete' in a matter of 15 minutes.

When it comes to stuff like guitars and militaria, my collecting doesn't have a set goal. Sure, there are some pieces I'd like, but I will keep buying stuff even after finding those pieces. My collection of stuff is always growing, and I guess my collection will only be finished when I finally stop collecting. And at the moment, that is (hopefully) a long way away.

As Wtrailer said, it's a a lifelong hobby.

Reaction score
I will probably complete the loose 92. To hell with Yak Face. Beaters will count and I won’t bother worrying about real vs fake accessories.

Reaction score
Princess Leia 692-007 - from the Ion Cannon in her Hoth Outfit
Darth Vader, dueling 517-016 from the Death Star Compactor set
Bespin Guard, white 116-023 from the Bespin Torture set. Yup, probably the hardest one to find and like an idiot I left it till last! At this stage I'd even contemplate buying the full set from the Bespin Torture set if it helps shake loose that figure.

To be honest I haven't spent any effort in chasing these in the last 10 years as all my Micro stuff is currently packed away in storage so it's not exactly front of mind for me :)

I hear some of those harder to find uncirculated / unproduced (what ever you want to call it) , like WBG / Han / FX-7 , are fetching $2200- close to $3k in the last 1-2 years !!

Dax

Reaction score
I hear some of those harder to find uncirculated / unproduced (what ever you want to call it) , like WBG / Han / FX-7 , are fetching $2200- close to $3k in the last 1-2 years !!
Good lord! If that's the case then I'm likely to never complete the set and should probably think about selling the ones I do have.

Reaction score
I didn't realize how many vehicles there are that I would love to have until recently. I have started to bid or buy loose vehicles and loose figures. I'm pretty much complete on the figs, but would love to get a loose Shuttle, Vader's Tie, Battle Damaged X-Wing, B-Wing, & A-Wing

Reaction score

Good lord! If that's the case then I'm likely to never complete the set and should probably think about selling the ones I do have.

WBG is going for $1700 IF you can find one, Han is going for abut the same. A COMPLETE fx-7 with plastic arms goes for thousands but an incomplete FX-7 is easy to find for $50-$200.

Dax, if you sell please tell me first!

Reactions: Dax
Reaction score
I mainly collect the figures and avoid vehicles. I would consider my collection complete if I had every US released figure, plus Yakface, in loose, complete, C8 or better condition. I don't need every variant of each figure, just one of each. But I do want both C-3PO's, both Bespin security guards, both Snaggletooths, and all 3 R2-D2's. I consider them different enough to be different figures. And I want all Droids and Ewoks figures, including Vlix.

I have all the mainline ANH, ESB, and ROTJ figures but they're not all complete. I'm missing most POTF, Droids, and Ewoks figures. My collection will never be complete because all the vintage Star Wars figures I need cost more than vintage Transformers figures that I'd rather have. I can't shell out hundreds of dollars on 3 3/4" figures of background characters. I just can't do it.

Reaction score
It sounds like you have a stellar collection! It’s hard to get even the mainline characters mint and complete.

Reaction score
I think a collection is done when the joy of adding to it is gone. That's about where I'm at these days. I love what I have but the desire to keep acquiring is not really there anymore.

Reaction score
I mean, I guess it depends on what he’s been “collecting.”

Reaction score
I'd like to acquire at least one of each item Kenner produced for the 3.75" line before Droids and Ewoks. There really isn't much left on my list, but the item prices are getting higher and higher. Off the top of my head I would like to add

Action figure display stand
Sonic Landspeeder
Land of the Jawas set
Hoth Ice Planet Adventure set
Imperial Cruiser
Darth Vader's Star Destroyer
Rebel Command Center
Open Belly Taun Taun
Cloud City Playset
Display Arena
Endor Forest Ranger
A couple of the Vinyl collector case variations
A-Wing Fighter
Ewok Battle Wagon
And the POFT Body Rigs.

I know some of this stuff really isn't hard to come by, but other items are. Of course I'd LOVE to add all the parts for an Early Bird set as well, but that's probably not likely.