Whatya got? Vintage Indiana jones figures and/or playsets

Reaction score
Anyone else into collecting these figures and playsets? These had more POA than vintage Star Wars figures...makes me wonder what they would have been like with the articulation these figures had! I picked up the three figures from a local antique shop (Marion and her Monkey are in really nice shape), then I pieced together The Well of The Souls playset via eBay, although I am like a torch, grappling hook, altar, and 11 snakes away fro completing it :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
these were awesome figures and playsets back in the day. I have a complete series myself. I wish they had continued the line to include more characters from ROTLA and kept the same format for TOD

Reaction score
I love this line. I've had close to complete runs of it three times now. I may go for a fourth now... ;)

Reaction score
Growing up I do not ever remember seeing these on the shelves. I wish I would have! I have been slowly picking up stuff here and there. I do have a very nice vintage Indy but I am missing his gun. I also have Indy from the map room playset with a pick axe, but nothing else from the vintage line.

I have been trolling eBay here and there for vintage stuff but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. With the news of the new movie coming out, it may be time to get serious again.

Reaction score
As a kid I fondly remember getting my German Indy and German Mechanic from KB Toys for $1 each. A few years ago, I had the desire to reacquire those two carded again. Well, that snowballed thanks to some really good deals...

New acrylic cases for Indy and Marion:

Everything is new but the packaging conditions vary which doesn't bother me as I collect on a tight budget and actually like beater cards, it adds to the history.

I also have a full set of the LJN Temple of Doom figures (loose Indy and Mola, carded Thuggee) but don't have a pic handy.

The only thing left to get is a Kenner 12" which was another favorite from my childhood.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As a kid I fondly remember getting my German Indy and German Mechanic from KB Toys for $1 each. A few years ago, I had the desire to reacquire those two carded again. Well, that snowballed thanks to some really good deals...

New acrylic cases for Indy and Marion:

Everything is new but the packaging conditions vary which doesn't bother me as I collect on a tight budget and actually like beater cards, it adds to the history.

I also have a full set of the LJN Temple of Doom figures (loose Indy and Mola, carded Thuggee) but don't have a pic handy.

The only thing left to get is a Kenner 12" which was another favorite from my childhood.
WOW o-o Absolutely stunning collection! So glad that exists somewhere...thank you so much for sharing! Seeing them all in a pic like this helps me see what I would want to grab next so thank you!

Reaction score
WOW o-o Absolutely stunning collection! So glad that exists somewhere...thank you so much for sharing! Seeing them all in a pic like this helps me see what I would want to grab next so thank you!
Thank you! It's the first full collection like this I've ever put together and it was a lot of fun. The hardest ones for me were Marion, Belloq and Sallah.

Good luck on your hunt!!!

Reaction score
I have a loose Salah and ceremonial Belouq if anyone is interested. PM me.

Reaction score
I had the Well of the Souls, Indy, Marion, Toht, and Cairo Swordsman as a kid. I think the whole set came as one of those bundle deals from JC Pennies (we were overseas at the time). Later on, when we returned to the states, I picked up the map room set on clearance at TRU (was surprised to see this stuff still around, this was like 1986).

Anyway, fast forward many years to when KOTCS was coming out and Hasbro was doing new Indy figures. I was able to find my map room, Indy, Toht, and Swordsman. Marion somehow disappeared over the ages (I still think my brother had something to do with that). I decided to try to fill in my collection and picked up Sallah, German Disgusie Indy, Ceremonial and regular Belloq, the German Mechanic as well as the Streets of Cairo set and a replacement Well of the Souls.

Most of my stuff is packed up right now, pending setting up my loft for my collection. I'd really like to have the complete set, I guess I need what...the truck, the horse, and a replacement Marion?

For some reason, I never took any pics of all my vintage stuff together, but I do have some pics of some of it alongside the new stuff:

Reaction score
I had the Well of the Souls, Indy, Marion, Toht, and Cairo Swordsman as a kid. I think the whole set came as one of those bundle deals from JC Pennies (we were overseas at the time). Later on, when we returned to the states, I picked up the map room set on clearance at TRU (was surprised to see this stuff still around, this was like 1986).

Anyway, fast forward many years to when KOTCS was coming out and Hasbro was doing new Indy figures. I was able to find my map room, Indy, Toht, and Swordsman. Marion somehow disappeared over the ages (I still think my brother had something to do with that). I decided to try to fill in my collection and picked up Sallah, German Disgusie Indy, Ceremonial and regular Belloq, the German Mechanic as well as the Streets of Cairo set and a replacement Well of the Souls.

Most of my stuff is packed up right now, pending setting up my loft for my collection. I'd really like to have the complete set, I guess I need what...the truck, the horse, and a replacement Marion?

For some reason, I never took any pics of all my vintage stuff together, but I do have some pics of some of it alongside the new stuff:

This is all fantastic stuff, great pics! Thanks so much for sharing!

Reaction score
NP, I absolutely love both the vintage and modern Indy lines. I have everything they made in the modern line with the exception of the cloth top truck (and the 12" figures, which were pretty bad), I really need to break down and finish off the vintage line. I'm also missing the mummy from the Well of the Souls. My original has to be somewhere, probably at my mom's house. That set was complete. I also need to track down Marion but she is so $$.

Reaction score
NP, I absolutely love both the vintage and modern Indy lines. I have everything they made in the modern line with the exception of the cloth top truck (and the 12" figures, which were pretty bad), I really need to break down and finish off the vintage line. I'm also missing the mummy from the Well of the Souls. My original has to be somewhere, probably at my mom's house. That set was complete. I also need to track down Marion but she is so $$.
Thats awesome man! I want to start the modern line, its tough trying to collect so much stuff at one time with a limited budget. Marion is the tough one, I lucked out at a local antique shop and got her, Toht, and Indy on the cheap..Indy is missing his thumb, of course!

Reaction score
Great price and the condition looks great!

thanks... there is some wear on the edges (to be expected) and the tape on the bottom is rotting away but the contents are still sealed in the original baggies. I just picked up another Streets of Cairo (loose and complete for $25) and my final piece German Indy for $15 with Bazooka.

now I just need to set up all my Indy stuff and take some pics. hoping to have a few days over the spring (once the weather is a warmer temperature) to set up a nice diorama in my yard with all the Indy toys from both the classic Kenner line as well as the updated Hasbro line.

Reaction score
thanks... there is some wear on the edges (to be expected) and the tape on the bottom is rotting away but the contents are still sealed in the original baggies. I just picked up another Streets of Cairo (loose and complete for $25) and my final piece German Indy for $15 with Bazooka.

now I just need to set up all my Indy stuff and take some pics. hoping to have a few days over the spring (once the weather is a warmer temperature) to set up a nice diorama in my yard with all the Indy toys from both the classic Kenner line as well as the updated Hasbro line.
I look forward to seeing everything man!

Reaction score
Great topic and love to see everyone's pictures! I had most of the series one figures as a kid and I've always loved them. I think they are really well done. I had always wanted to collect them, but had always focused on vintage Star Wars. Anyway, fast forward to Celebration VI. I was at the end of the show and I bit the bullet and bought a super nice carded Indiana Jones figure that I had been eyeing all week long. I figured one figure for old time sake and that would be it .... well, it was a nice thought...

Also, if you look closely at the last picture that is my favorite part of the collection. Those bits of the Well of Souls and 'thumbless' Indy (laying on his back) are from my childhood!

Reaction score
Great topic and love to see everyone's pictures! I had most of the series one figures as a kid and I've always loved them. I think they are really well done. I had always wanted to collect them, but had always focused on vintage Star Wars. Anyway, fast forward to Celebration VI. I was at the end of the show and I bit the bullet and bought a super nice carded Indiana Jones figure that I had been eyeing all week long. I figured one figure for old time sake and that would be it .... well, it was a nice thought...

Also, if you look closely at the last picture that is my favorite part of the collection. Those bits of the Well of Souls and 'thumbless' Indy (laying on his back) are from my childhood!
epic collection. I wish I had a place to set up everything and keep it on display. someday

Reaction score
Great collections! I have streets of Cairo bagged/box, map room bagged/box , loose incomplete Indy, Toht, German Indy, Cairo swordsman, sealed swordsman and Toht missing POPs. Also unopened Belloq. These are getting hard to find and very expensive!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a loose Salah and ceremonial Beloq if anyone is interested. PM me.

Reaction score
Great collections! I have streets of Cairo bagged/box, map room bagged/box , loose incomplete Indy, Toht, German Indy, Cairo swordsman, sealed swordsman and Toht missing POPs. Also unopened Belloq. These are getting hard to find and very expensive!

Yeah, they really are getting pricey! I tend to watch the eBay auctions for these guys and I am constantly amazed how high Marions go for... I just keep saying thank goodness I'm lucky enough to have her already!

Reaction score
Yeah, they really are getting pricey! I tend to watch the eBay auctions for these guys and I am constantly amazed how high Marions go for... I just keep saying thank goodness I'm lucky enough to have her already!
Yeah I watched Marion for well over a year until I found one that I liked and could afford.

Reaction score
I sold off a few vintage Indy figures last year.all in one lot:

12 inch Indy mib
Carded Toht
Carded Salah
Carded swordsman

I am thinking of unloading the mib Carbo truck and a MOC Belloq in regular outfit. I am keeping the basic Indy and the German Soldier Indy too.

Reaction score
Picked up a loose mint and complete:
Toht
German uniform Indy
Cairo Swordsman

And a loose mint but missing torch Salah!

Found these at at a toy show in Columbus, Ohio today. Got them all for $70. I am very happy with my finds today!!

Reaction score
Picked up a loose mint and complete:
Toht
German uniform Indy
Cairo Swordsman

And a loose mint but missing torch Salah!

Found these at at a toy show in Columbus, Ohio today. Got them all for $70. I am very happy with my finds today!!
Great deal! Some friends of mine were set up at that show. Would have love to make it out there but work and family just doesn't permit the time.

I should have a Torch if you're looking for one. I'll check tonight.

Reaction score
Great deal! Some friends of mine were set up at that show. Would have love to make it out there but work and family just doesn't permit the time.

I should have a Torch if you're looking for one. I'll check tonight.
It just so happens I am looking for a torch! Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just got a very presentable lot of four, Belloq, Belloq in ceremonial robes, German Mechanic, and Toht for $26 at auction on ebay. No accessories except for Toht's coat, and Belloq's robes and such--unless you count the GI Joe pistol Toht came with. ;)