Whats your favorite OTC figure?

Reaction score
I would have to say the Boba Fett and the Skiff guard Lando. Those are my favorites.

Reaction score
new- Dagobah Luke
old- a tie between Jawas, Tusken Raider, and Hoth Vader

Reaction score
Victor_Von_Doom said:
New - tie between Skiff Lando, Cloud Car Pilot, and Leia Bespin
Old/Rehash - Hoth Vader
The Skiff Guard Lando was originally available in the Saga line.

Reaction score
cloud car dude and I likin' the new lobot too!

chewie is the best of all the votc and otc together, hands down.

Reaction score
Well, I'm gonna have to say the Cloud Car Pilot also.
Rehashes are crap, period! Even if its got a better and more detailed paintjob, but mostly it's just a repack. Thankfully I only collect figures on the card they were originally released. But if an old, let's say, cinema scene character would be released on its own OTC card I'd probably buy it.

STOP THE REHASHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the Cloud City Leia too.

G

Favorite OTC: Cloud Car Pilot, Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Training), Yoda (Dagobah Training)

Favorite Vintage-Style OTC figure: Boba Fett, Han Solo, Chewbacca

Favorite Transitional OTC figure: Sly Moore, far and away! I love this figure!

G

It is a great figure, and I'd been waiting a long time for it! All the Dagobah OTC figures are fantastic.

Reaction score
does the holo emperor count? if not, i think it's about time that they came out with some new figs.. so cloud car pilot is my choise. not a fav character, i know, but i was just happy to see something not repainted/rehashed on the shelf.

G

The holographic Emperor with his walking stick? I count him as OTC.
From the looks of it, it's a more interesting figure than the new ROTS holographic Palpatine, but I think the Cloud Car Pilot is a more interesting figure overall.

Reaction score
Pretty much every figure in the OTC line was new to me anyway, since I hadn't collected for more than 2 years prior to that. I never had most of the POTF2 line either, so those repacks like the Jawas and Bib Fortuna were all new to me.

I do think the Cloud Car Pilot is a pretty kick [censored] figure, and if I am also considering the figure and card package, I love the last Vader with all the Stormtroopers in the background.

This line combined with the VOTC's got me back into collecting Star Wars, so I loved them all, even if it was mostly rehash city for a lot of you.

G

It all a matter of perspective!

When Hasbro repacks a figure I already have, I simply don't buy it...
Overall, OTC was one of the best ranges Hasbro has ever done.

Reaction score
JaundiceFett said:
Pretty much every figure in the OTC line was new to me anyway, since I hadn't collected for more than 2 years prior to that. I never had most of the POTF2 line either, so those repacks like the Jawas and Bib Fortuna were all new to me.

I do think the Cloud Car Pilot is a pretty kick [censored] figure, and if I am also considering the figure and card package, I love the last Vader with all the Stormtroopers in the background.

This line combined with the VOTC's got me back into collecting Star Wars, so I loved them all, even if it was mostly rehash city for a lot of you.
I've got to say that is the best attitude I have heard. You deserve a beer.

Reaction score
i do like the dozen points of articulation on the VOTC line. the old vintage line, with it's rigamortis look, and the POTF95, with its goofy frozen action 70s pose, that half the time would fall over because the damn figure wasn't designed to stand up straight, really bothered me.

i like the super articulation. stand em up, put em in action, etc... it's always nice to be flexible!

G

Right! Their poses really capture the actors and the costumes perfectly, and create something more interesting than any of the POTF2 figures.

Reaction score
The VOTC and OTC lines are my favorites by far, however I finally got a VOTC C-3P0 the other day and he looks like a surrealist designed him. He has melty/non-linear features and seems to be dragging himself along. Strangest 3P0 yet.

G

That is a wierd one...

C-3PO is a character design that can go either way as figure, really well done or somewhat lame. He varies quite a bit.

Reaction score
My favorites are the Dagobah R2-D2, Yoda, Luke and Spirt Obiwan. The bases are cool and they totally work great together.

Reaction score
I never got any because all I could find were sly moores lobots and cloud car pilots. I found out later that I missed some pretty cool looking figures. Wish I had known about Rabe, Celebration Amidala, Pablo Jill, etc. Just never anything good around.

I guess actually I did wind up with the OTC Bespin Leia, but not impressed by the weird plastic they used on her.

G

Don't care for the Sly Moore?
I love that figure! Maybe it's because I like the character design, better than Mas Amedda actually.
The Celebration Amidala is pretty nice too, as is Pablo Jill. He's pretty big, and a bit heavy.

G

One of my favorites too, maybe even the best Boba Fett figure in general.

G

BobaFett said:
They did a great job on the Boba Fett fig.
Absolutely. Also, I was more pleasd with the Han Solo figure than I have been with any Han Solo figure in a while.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I like the sandtrooper. The one with the bonoculars.

[/QUOTE]

That's cool but he was part of the Power of the Jedi line.

I ordered a Cloud Car pilot from amazon and received him today. He is really cool. He has a nice holster, decent articulation and a great sculpt. The helmet rocks. This figure rocks.

Now I wish I could find a cloud car on eBay.

G

But as you probably already know, the only Cloud Car available is the vintage one. When will they remake that vehicle?!
The OTC pilot was a surprising cool figure, and I thought we would see a vehicle for him, but...maybe in the Saga Collection.

Reaction score
I've already said Cloud Car pilot is my #1, but I also like the three Cantina Encounter aliens alot. That's the kind of figures I want to see more of. But did they really have to mess up Dannik Jerriko's face with those awful tentacles. If you decide to display him w/o, he's got two holes in his face!

Reaction score
As for new sculpt: CC Pilot
OTC: Jedi Knight Luke & Boba Fett
VOTC: Boba Fett

Reaction score
eleavitt2000 said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I like the sandtrooper. The one with the bonoculars.
That's cool but he was part of the Power of the Jedi line.

I ordered a Cloud Car pilot from amazon and received him today. He is really cool. He has a nice holster, decent articulation and a great sculpt. The helmet rocks. This figure rocks.

[/QUOTE]

you could have still found him at KB or liquidators for 2.99

G

Every area has a slightly different inventory, of course.
The only OTC figure still available in my area is Lobot, at full price, and the only VOTC figure still available Is Lando, also at full price.

Reaction score
blight said:
i can't believe they haven't made a cloud car vehicle yet. every new line has skipped this. talk about one of the simplest molds they still have... the pilot has been out for over a year now... where is his ride?!!??