whats wrong with iceman?

Reaction score
i dont know where to post this so ill put it here.
my toy biz iceman have had since 92 to 95 ish seems to be degrading,
he has a chunk out of his leg with a white sugary looking crust on the edges as well as the same on his left hand.
is he melting? (no pun intended) or disentegrating or soemthing?
this is the iceman that has the board with him your supposed to fill with water and freeze his feet into ice (i did that a couple of times but it didnt work well)

Reaction score
Hard to tell with out pictures, there are a few variations so the plastic could be degrading depending on what was actually used.

Reaction score
ok though i just reposted it there as well. thanks :)
its odd that this figure is breaking down because so many of my childhood toys,xmen spiderman star wars and others arent breaking down this way so its a strange case.
the closest thing is my original chewbacca is slowly getting green limbs now. its an odd feeling watching a toy go through this

Reaction score
hahHA... I may have an answer for this.

Back when that figure was released, there was an initial release. The gimmick of the figure was to put it in the freezer and he would change color or something? Well.. there was a problem because the plastic they used for the bodies and the metal they used for the knee pegs would stick and the figure would break. so there for a little bit there were NO Iceman figures anywhere. Then a second figure was released that didn't break apparently. But nobody wanted that one because they were't pulled form shelves for being "ultra rare".

Now... I don't know which version you have, you could have a "Round 2" figure which may have seen some correction with the application of some "salve" or different plastics or metals used or something that kept the 2 pieces from sticking/being affected by expansion etc and so... in exchange 30 years later... broken figure with crusty discharge...

VOILA!!

Reaction score
you may be right geeksummit. the guy at the mall told me that he rarely saw iceman and nightcrawler in there and advised me to get him. i passed and we went shopping elsewhere in the mall for a bit but it kept nagging in my mind so i went back and
he remembered me i told him i decided i should get him after all just in case. night crawler was left behind.
in fact i dont have and ever had a night cralwer aside from an x2 version i sold in 2005 with 2 wolverines and a cyclops.
based on that i feel like this is a v1 pegwarmer ill just d what i can for him maybe get him a nice plastic baggie to live in and get me another one maybe a later version.

Reaction score
There was a major defect in two of the Toy Biz marvel figures that caused them to be pulled. One was iceman the other was invisible woman. Both figures were clear with color change features. Exposure to cold water made the plastic brittle and it cracked or shattered.invisible woman was re released with a catapult acessory. Iceman was re released with a blue tint and came with an ice slide. That's the long and short of it. Both original versions were pulled early and were difficult to locate. Toy dealers at the time were asking (and getting) $70 each for them. Nightcrawler was a series 1 release with suction cups. These rotted and fell off same as the original spidey. These were phased out in favor of resculpted versions later in the line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ok in ever got that nightcrawler or spiderman. i also noticed that the first spiderman i got (before upgrading to multijointed) that had a grey plastic web thing that was attached to a string that shot out of his hand has come off though it might have broken off yeasr ago and forgot since string is easy to break. everything else in my spider man and xmen toys seems ok thoguh magneto and phoenix had warped lower legs from soemthing holding them that way for years in the box but hot water mostly fixed it.