What would be your dream item?

Reaction score
What would be your dream item that you want. But know you will never get it. Can be any toy line or brand.

Reaction score
So I'm not so lucky, so does that make me just an SOB who hasn't got all my dream items yet? LOL. Umm. probably what would be a "dream item" would be a complete minty 12back-A set and/or Minty Early Bird pack. Cost is super prohibitive for those at the moment. If you're talking about pie-in-the-sky, nobody can possibly have items, all the original molds and sculpts for the first 12 would do...

Reaction score
Prototype Kitbash Boba fett from the early carry case insert.

Reaction score
I have probably obtained my dream item 5 or 6 times since I started collecting 30 years ago. I really don't have anything else left to dream about. There are other items I don't have that I would love to add but are either way out of my price range or are not known if they exist anymore or if they do still exist I don't know who has the only known copy but I am still here obtaining other items to enhance my collection.

I think I'm at the stage of my collection where my past few pick ups were things I didn't even know existed until they came up for sale. Some were expensive and some were relatively cheap but I get the same thrill from them. I guess I'm saying I don't know what to dream about but I'm still happy.

Reaction score
So I'm not so lucky, so does that make me just an SOB who hasn't got all my dream items yet? LOL. Umm. probably what would be a "dream item" would be a complete minty 12back-A set and/or Minty Early Bird pack. Cost is super prohibitive for those at the moment. If you're talking about pie-in-the-sky, nobody can possibly have items, all the original molds and sculpts for the first 12 would do...
Oh. I figured we were talking about sorta normal production items! Like what toys you’d want or wanted as actual playthings.

As far as now, I am seeking an extensive set of Micro Collection Hoth Ion Cannon items. I picked my favorite childhood set and I am focusing on it exclusively until that very narrowly focused collection reaches improbable levels of awesomeness.

Then I will pick another Micro Collection set and do it again.

Reaction score
That's nice to hear. Congratulations 🙂
I missed the “but know you’ll never get” part. There’s a lot of Micro Collection preproduction items that I specifically want, yet know they’re locked up in permanent collections. I want wax sculpts of the tauntauns, and the other Hoth figures, obviously.

Reaction score
Honestly, I would love a set of every Kenner Star Wars figure produced, along with each variant, from Star Wars to Ewoks, encased in acrylic. Be a heck of a wall hanger.

Or a mint set of the Main Line (Star Wars to ROTJ)

Reaction score
My original collection from childhood, loose and in the Darth Vader case I kept them in. Would be so cool to go through them all again. It will never happen though since I gave them all away when I was a kid.

Reaction score
Interesting question, and not an easy one to answer. I'm not really interested in rare, grail type items. So I'll venture outside of Star Wars and say a mint complete USS Flagg. The ones I see are usually damaged and/or missing parts, plus I don't really have the space to properly display it.

Reaction score
What would be your dream item that you want. But know you will never get it. Can be any toy line or brand.
The way this is worded and the fact that it is in the Vintage Toy section tells me to limit this a bit.

If this was ANYTHING anything... I'd be looking for any screen used props or items like sections of the original death star, Vader helmet, lightsaber, or anything like that.

If we're talking about toys... I'd have to go with a set of the original Kenner line carded. I know that I'll never get that. Too much $$$

Reaction score
Interesting question, and not an easy one to answer. I'm not really interested in rare, grail type items. So I'll venture outside of Star Wars and say a mint complete USS Flagg. The ones I see are usually damaged and/or missing parts, plus I don't really have the space to properly display it.
Sure you do. Just tell your wife to get rid of the couch. :ROFLMAO:
Who needs to sit on a couch when you can sit on the floor and play with a FLAGG

Reaction score
I'd like a wave of Retro figures from 80s media that was never covered by Kenner, featuring figures like Ackmena (Bea Arthur) from the Holiday Special and Noa (Wilford Brimley) from Ewoks: Battle for Endor! :geek:

Dax

Reaction score
As per TauntaunScout, I think I have all my dream items. Sure, there's things I don't have yet but I wouldn't call them dream items.

Probably the closest would be a pristine unused Hornetroid MIB that was listed on ebay several years ago for $100. I should have pulled the trigger on that one instantly and I've never seen another close to it condition wise.

Reaction score
That we’ll “never get”? A full cantina playset! 😜

Reaction score
I'd like a wave of Retro figures from 80s media that was never covered by Kenner, featuring figures like Ackmena (Bea Arthur) from the Holiday Special and Noa (Wilford Brimley) from Ewoks: Battle for Endor! :geek:
I wasn't thinking about things that have never been produced as in "never get" but yeah.... any never before produced characters from these shows, the original Marvel comics, the original EU, ... I just want new figures from the old stuff. Tonnikas would be a dream.

Reaction score
For me it would be a complete carded set of figures and loose Vlix, DT Ben, DT Vader and Takara Vader.
I could have picked up a Takara Vader loose mint a couple years ago for $225, but passed on it not knowing the market value at the time—bummer.

Reaction score
When I was a kid we got at least yardsale beater versions of almost every single 3.75" vehicle and playset. I think that honestly dampens my dreaming in that most popular of scales.

Reaction score
For me it's the original wax sculpt for the Jawa figure, i know there is a one legged sample out there somewhere. I could never afford it but i would be perfectly happy to just see some pictures of it.

Reaction score
I literally dream about SW Micro Collection, Marx dinos, and West End Games SW minis. In my dreams at night I am finding them at flea markets, the back aisles of stores, discount chains, and the dumpster outside Kenner.

Another common dream is that I am in a store aisle like at Target or Wal-Mart and discover that Hasbro/Kenner is suddenly reissuing Micro Collection.

Owning the vast collection of the aforementioned toys and gaming aids that I do, I am literally living my dreams.

Reaction score
I'm missing most of the POTF figures except Stormtrooper Luke, Poncho Luke, and Coarbonite Han. I may be able to acquire some of them one day. But most of them go for way more than I'm willing to pay.

Reaction score
I want to cut out the form in the Kenner mini-catalog and mail it away to join the Star Wars Fan Club. I want to cutout my proofs of purchase and get free coins in the mail. I want to cutout proofs of purchase and get free Build Your Armies figures in the mail. That's the dream item/experience that I wanted in childhood which I'll actually never get. We can buy as much as of this stuff as we want. But we can't make it be 1982 again.

Reaction score
I've been collecting so long that, for the most part, I already own everything I wanted as a kid. Most of my dream items now would be stuff that never existed in the Kenner line. Which is kind of why I have so much interest in Hasbro's Retro line, because that is currently the best chance that some of those dream items might be made.

Primarily a removable helmet Darth Vader that is an all new sculpt. Not just a rehash of the 1977 mold with a new head. It would have to reflect the improvements in detail and accuracy that we saw in the Kenner line by 1984. The fact that Kenner never resculpted Vader and just kept reusing the same outdated mold, up until the end of the toy line, always bothered me as a kid and came across as extremely lazy on Kenner's part.

Reaction score
A pair of MINT remote controlled Sandcrawlers. One sealed. One I could keep open and play with.

The OTC Collections Sandcrawler remains my favorite modern piece at this point. The mold is truly epic and I have fun playing with the interior as far as customizing. I also LOVE how much Sandcrawler / Jawa action the Mandalorian has given us thus far.