What would be hard to do post 35 ABY?

Reaction score
I’m writing an essay on Technodynamics in Star Wars and I was wondering which of these items would the hardest to do scientifically in Star Wars by the end of the Sequel Trilogy era. Approximentally 35 ABY. Choose which one would be very difficult to achieve in Star Wars based on known existing science. I will provide links for things you may not recognise. Take into consideration if it is also even worth developing. You may pick more than one if you are torn.

1.) SQUID like device-

2.) Mind scanner- Something that can scan an organic beings mind.

3.) Programmable matter-https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmable_matter

4.) Synthetic Nano-being- A sentient being composed of billions or trillions of nanites.

5.) Magnetic monopole drive- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_monopole

6.) Thought recognition- A computer that activates with a thought from its user.

7.) Metaceutical- Pharmaceuticals made from inorganic particles.

8.) Argon Matrix laser- Got this one from the animated Star Wars series. It is a laser that only hurts inorganic matter.

9.) Femtocomputing- Computing at the a femtoscale. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femtotechnology

10.) Baby universe- Creating a Baby universe in a lab.

11.) Inter-cellular pico-cybernetics- Cybernetics in cells at the pico level. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picotechnology

12.) Water synthesizer- Creating water from scratch

13.) Earthquake prediction- Predicting when an earthquake will occur.

14.) Radiation resistant crops- Crops that can survive in radiation contaminated soil.

15.) Computronium- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computronium

16.) Quantum entangled network interface card- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_interface_controller

17.) Grow a brain- Grow a sentient brain in a lab

18.) Human-Animal communicator- Something to allow a human or other sentient being to communicate with an animal.

19.) Smelling signals- Genetically modifying beings to smell radio waves

20.) Overclockwork neurons- Supercharged neurons allowing for higher intelligence.

21.) Maelstrom stabilization- Stopping a storm

22.) Brain capacity test- A replacement to a IQ test to measure full brain potential

23.) Intelligent R&D mining tool- An intelligent agent that can do research.

24.) Portable DNA sequencer- Handheld DNA sequencer

25.) Hyperexcited plasma state- Allows objects to phase through solid matter.

26.) Supercapaterry- Fusion of a battery and a supercapacitor https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercapacitor

27.) Memory milk- Milk that can help improve memory

28.) Super-intelligent slime- A slime with sentience

29.) Behavoir altering virus- Could be used for mind control

Thanks!

Reaction score
I don’t know what’s confusing. You can read and click buttons can’t you?
For starters I don't think anyone here can actually decipher what you are looking for.

Secondly, with an attitude like that even if I had the slightest idea as to what you wanted I'd probably not help.

Now if you need some information as to why TLJ was a toilet bowl of movie that will soon be erased from the the Star Wars canon I could help you with that.

You're welcome.

Edit: on second thought you might want to look into options 2, 17 and 22. That might be a good start.

Reaction score
I imagine all of these are possible in the fictional Star Wars universe. If you are asking about what might be possible in the future in the Real world then you're asking us to play a guessing game.

You probably have good intentions of starting a conversation, but theoretical physics, while creative, is essentially the science of abstract thought. Kudos for trying to stretch the creative side of your brain, but I don't know that you'll get much useful here. I've seen some pretty full theorizing on real lightsabers or repulsorlifts though...

I do think a better IQ test should be created.

Reaction score
the only one that seems "SW appropriate" is #12 -- creating water from scratch -- given the existence/prevalence of "moisture farming" in the outer rim, this seems like something that might be a priority in the GFFA. (something "even worth developing", as you say). the rest of the list seems pretty random.

the 'technodynamics' angle would come from the 'progression' from one technology into another, to solve the same problem -- from moisture farming into water synthesis* -- as (most) new technologies are only created to solve pre-existing problems (and this seems like a pre-existing problem in the SW universe).

* another example might be, from 'protocol droids' into 'synthetic-nano-beings' -- it's not really a discussion of 'dynamics' without showing how your new technology evolves from existing SW technology, being used for the same purpose

Last edited:
Reaction score
For starters I don't think anyone here can actually decipher what you are looking for.

Secondly, with an attitude like that even if I had the slightest idea as to what you wanted I'd probably not help.

Now if you need some information as to why TLJ was a toilet bowl of movie that will soon be erased from the the Star Wars canon I could help you with that.

You're welcome.

Edit: on second thought you might want to look into options 2, 17 and 22. That might be a good start.
That is actually surprisingly funny. Lets call it your finest moment; because I’m sure you don’t have any others.

Reaction score
Hopefully you get the guidance you need to write your essay...

Reaction score
My question is why is this a thing? It's all fake, all of it. So it really doesn't matter whether something is possible in a fake Universe. IMO, I would have chose a different topic.

That aside, several of those already have real world applications. Some are in experimental stage.

Reaction score
My question is why is this a thing? It's all fake, all of it. So it really doesn't matter whether something is possible in a fake Universe. IMO, I would have chose a different topic.

That aside, several of those already have real world applications. Some are in experimental stage.
You raise a valid point but I am trying to approach this from an in-universe point of view.

Yes it’s “fake” and doesn’t matter but if it wasn’t an interest; forums like this would not exist.

I’ve been looking over my list. A lot of the stuff seems doable. Do you know of anything that might be a challenge for a scientist. Think from an in-universe point of view.

Reaction score
I’m writing an essay on Technodynamics in Star Wars and I was wondering which of these items would the hardest to do scientifically in Star Wars by the end of the Sequel Trilogy era. Approximentally 35 ABY. Choose which one would be very difficult to achieve in Star Wars based on known existing science. I will provide links for things you may not recognise. Take into consideration if it is also even worth developing. You may pick more than one if you are torn.
I know this is a very old thread but I'm just curious what this essay is for?

Is it for college?