What we collect

Reaction score
As it's a bit quiet, I decided to amuse myself with a list of what I currently collect. I'd be interested to know what floats everyone elses boats. On the other hand, you could dismiss this as a waste of time and move on :D

• Eagelmoss Dr Who Figurines - I cherry pick these, tends to be monsters from the 70s era, especially Daleks and Cybermen
  • Eaglemoss Classic Marvel Figurines - just one or two of my faves to get on this one now
  • Vingtage Kenner (and Palitory) Star Wars figures - I'm going for a complete loose collection, about a third of the way there
  • Modern Star Wars figures - this is a focus collection on Republic, Imperial and First Order Troopers
  • 6 inch movie icons - such as Universal classic monsters, T-800, NECA Alien figures, that kind of thing

In terms of ships, here's my current focus

• Eaglemoss Star Trek Offical Spaceship collection - I'm all in on this and subscribe. Although I'll be skipping Disco and am starting to waiver about bonus ships like the shuttle sets
  • FFG - I cherry pick the larger ships as I just can't afford the fighters
  • Tomy Takara - cute little buggers but only got 4 or 5 so far
  • Hotwheels Starships - completist, despite Mattels best efforts to stop me buying these
  • Dark Horse Halo and Mass Effect ship replicas - all in on these as there's not too many
  • NECA Cinemachines - all in on these

On top of this, any miscellaneous ships that catch my eye will find there way into my storage boxes, I've also completed my collection of Disney Infinity figures (Marvel and Star Wars) so I'm very interested in the new Toybox figures that are popping up

The hunt continues !

Reaction score
What I collect:

Star Wars- My collection is largely based on 3 3/4 figures and small scale ships ( mostly Action Fleet, Titanium, D'Agostini). What am I still buying?;
Yoda "stuff"
OT figures that are either new, or in need of a redo, but will buy some TLJ figures when the vintage line returns
Hot Wheels ships that are new (as there are no Titaniums, Action Fleet to be had)
1 each of 6" Black series figures of OT core characters (I think I'm done with those)

I have several items from various films or TV shows like Iron Giant, Firefly, and other Animated films

Batman: I have figures to represent most Film/TV incarnations, as well as assorted Batman figures, Die-cast Batmobiles , and odds and ends. I still buy most of the new 6" Animated figures from DC collectibles.

Marvel: MCU 6" Legends figures, 1 each of important characters without worrying about every outfit change, and any new 4" figures "if" they become available.

I have an odd assortment of toys representing most of PIXAR's movies.

LEGO- Modular Buildings are essential, and some other city and superhero sets and Collectible Mini-figures

Reaction score
Besides the Action Fleet line that is unfortunately dead I collected the other similar lines like Star Trek InnerSpace, Star Trek Strike Force, Xyber 9, Halo etc. Never got interested in the small Titaniums or HotWheels type ships.

I also collect prop replicas, blasters and 1:1 helmets (from Master Replicas and EFX, but also unlicensed), Sideshow and Hot Toys 1/6 and 1/4 figures and statues, Gentle Giant, Attakus and Kotobukiya statues. My Star Wars collecting focus are Original Trilogy Imperials - the only exception is again Action Fleet where I have stuff from Prequels.

Non-Star Wars I'm interested in Terminator 1 & 2 Endoskeletons (1:1 & 1:2 busts, statues and figures), some Predators from P1 & P2 only, Star Trek, Stargate and some anime - mostly Masamune Shirow stuff.

Reaction score
Thank you both, very interesting reading. This December marks my 20 years of collecting ships and the other lines I'm into are far more recent and that's largely due to the sheer enthusiasm of fellow collectors like your good selves :)

Reaction score
Cool to see what else other folks like.

As for me, I'm still collecting small ships and nuffin' else.

- HW SW starships
- regular-sized EM Trek ships, all bonus and shuttle issues, three specials, no XL, no DSC, no BSG
- FFG SW ships (Titanium-sized)
- Wizkids Trek ships (occasionally)
- Cinemachines (only Derelict, Tribe, 3" Spinner so far)
- sci-fi related diecasts: HW Entertainment, Greenlight, JL, etc.
- 1/64 diecast Bat-vehicles
- Hallmark Trek ship ornies
- Hallmark SW ship ornies (I've only bought a few in recent years... but I'm just obsessed with this year's mini Death Star ornie, the lighting's hypnotically death-tastic!)

Reaction score
Thanks DD. I dabble in the Hallmark series of ships for both SW and ST but they're hard to get hold of in the UK. I picked up a few of the ST Tactics ships when they were in blind boxes but not since they became Attack Wing......too pricey

Reaction score
* Micromachines sized Star Trek mini ships of any line so long as it is something new, with a view to having one of every class represented.
* Star Wars mini ships and vehicles of any line (Micromachines sized for starfighters, Titanium to Action Fleet sized for capital ships) with a view to having one of every class represented.
* 1/6 scale Star Wars mini helmets from various lines with a view to having one of every type represented.
* Eaglemoss Star Trek Official Starship Collection magazines (thank you, DD and Ben). I am a completist as far as this line goes.
* Hasbro 3.75" Star Wars figures. I pick and chose which figures and accessories I buy according to certain themes and scenes, with a view to having a massive diorama room (increasingly looking like a retirement project).
* The Lord of the Rings 1/4 scale mini helmets and Hobbit Holes. I actually art-direct these lines for Weta, whom I work for, so it's awesome as I get to conceive and direct my own collectible lines! The downside is then I have to buy them! It's like I have made a rod for my own back. :D I'm both the addict and the pusher!

Reaction score
Interesting idea for a thread, considering we're all here to talk about miniature ships, but we often have a variety of collecting interests.

Star Wars is my focus, but I currently only collect 3.75 scale Hasbro figures and HW diecast ships. I'm not in the "collect them all" category, I tend to only buy new characters and ships, unless they're significant resculpts. I don't buy the large Hasbro ships that are compatible with figures though - I prefer the MM / Titanium scale. I have a sizable collection of those - mostly MM, Titaniums, SSB, and a few AF.

When BSG was still airing, I bought all the Titaniums as well as resin and metal models of various ships - I have a rather significant fleet, though the majority are still waiting to be painted!

I have a collection of the recent Funko figures and POPs from the Dark Crystal movie, which is my favorite fantasy film of all time. It is the line I was most excited to see revealed, because I have wanted action figures since I was a kid, and while they were once planned in the 80s - they were never released until now.

My favorite TV series is The X-Files, so I have a variety of items spamming from my childhood to new items that were released in the last few years.

Lastly, I have always been fond of the Alien films, and the Xenomorph designs, so I have some Mcfarlane and NECA aliens as well as a couple of the Cinemachines ships.

Reaction score
Way too much? My current collection includes

Star Trek
- Large Playmates and AA/DST Ships
- Eaglemoss
- Innerspace
- Models
- F-toys
- Furuta
- Konami
- Micro Machines

Star Wars
- 0.45 scale Master Replicas lightsabres (selected)
- A few Titanium and deagostini helmets
- Titanium
- Deagostini
- How Wheels
- 3.75 inch figures (trying to sell)
- 3.75 inch vehicles (trying to sell)
- select 6 inch figures
- some game pieces for the figures (mostly KotOR)

Aliens
- Action Fleet
- A few 6 inch figures
- Can't recall the manufacturer, but the most recent AF-sized diecast models

BSG
- 'Top Gun' mug
- Titaniums

Mass Effect
- All figures
- All starships
- Shepard Dog Tags
- life sized M-6 Carnifex pistol
- life sized Omni blade

LotR
- some helm replicas
- Minas Tirith replica

Jurassic Park/World
- diecast vehicles
- diecast dinosaurs (pretty sure Galoob from back in the day)

Military
- diecast aircraft models
- diecast armoured vehicles

Misc
- assorted property Hot Wheels and Greenlight vehicles ie Matrix, BttF, Top Gun, Blues Brothers etc

and that's just what I have on display...

Reaction score
Great to see what everyone else is collecting! Here's some of my interests:

Not Star Wars: Vintage Zoids, Transformers, MIMP, Tron (Vintage, NECA, and Legacy), Battlestar Galactica (vintage and modern including die cast ships!), Buck Rogers, Galaxy Laser Team, He-Man (vintage, McDonald's figures, Super 7 reaction, Motuscle, vintage erasers), Blackstar, Power Lords, vintage handheld electronic games (especially the old Colleco tabletops), and a few Remco Crystar items.

Star Wars: Titaniums, Hot Wheels starships, Action Fleet, Soakys, Vintage Pencil sharpeners, V pencil toppers, V erasers, Bend-Ems, Pez, Action Masters, vintage Ertl Models, a few Gentle Giants, and I've got nearly everything Kenner made.

Reaction score
Thanks for all your fascinating replies :)

DD - Nice to see you're still remaining a ship purist !

Rev - You win for coolest access to a collectable line. If I directed my line it would be solely ships we've not seen before

Thanks for that DS - Every time I see good quality NECA and McFarlane figures I get seriously tempted to collect figures but I just can't justify the cost/spae issue to myself. I still want to build up a collection of film characters though

DW - Yes, way too much. Seek help lol

ILSL - I'm getting a distinct 80s vibe off you :)

Reaction score
ILSL - I'm getting a distinct 80s vibe off you :)
Yes Boris! I'm a product of the early 70's. Most of what I collect stems from trying to complete toy lines that I had as a kid. Problem is, since I have very little display space in my house, I have started enjoying collecting smaller items like Action Fleet, Titaniums, and Hot Wheels. I'm sad to say most of my collections are in bins, but I do pull them out regularly to enjoy them. I'm happy to meet people like you in this forum who enjoy collecting like I do!

Reaction score
I’m a focus collector. The Millennium Falcon is my passion (ever since the Franklin Mint pewter ship was released, I’ve always been a sucker for her). I’ll collect original trilogy but unless it’s something totally eye catching, I’m not bothered by the sequel trilogy Falcon.

As you’d imagine, there is lots of crap, lots of weird and lots of awesome. (I must confess that I wished that I had focused collected earlier.)

Difficult to pick a favourite but I quite like ships that are easy to display. Action fleet and Micro Machines are good for me.

I’ve collected the DeAgostini starships series and Build The Millennium Falcon Part work.

As with others. I’m a ship fanatic.

If I had the chance I’d also like a Buck Rogers Thunderfighter collection. After 47 year she on this planet, it’s still my favourite sci fi design. ������

Reaction score
Oh, and if I had the money, I’d totally collect the Franklin Mint Star Trek Ships.

Totally underrated in in my opinion.

Reaction score
If I had the chance I’d also like a Buck Rogers Thunderfighter collection. After 47 year she on this planet, it’s still my favourite sci fi design. ������
She is a beautiful ship. I wish this one would be released.

Reaction score
I've primarily been a SW 3.75" collector. I used to fall in a collect them all but I have re-evaluated my collecting priorities a few years ago. I sold off a lot of my collection years ago and now I'm in a picking and choosing style with everything.

So...

3.75" SW OT with and ANH and ESB focus and and some ST

6" Marvel legends spider-man and X-men focus. Select MCU figures.

Just starting on HW ships. I'm looking forward to it as it doesn't take a lot of room.

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of ship collecting. We're a quieter outer rim system, but a friendly place. I currently cherry pic modern figures, tends to be Imperial/FO characters and a few droids for my better half. I'm also trying to get together a complete set of vintage loose to display, about one third there so far