what was your first ep1 figure????

Reaction score
I got Mace Windu first. He had that one articulated arm which accidentally became detached and I remember thinking he must lose an arm in the film.
So the figure was a preview of both TPM and ROTS.

I think I got the Battle Droid on the STAP first, but the Mace came in soon afterwards. Even being college-aged, I didn't want to deal with the midnight madness stuff -- so I remember ordering a bunch of the first wave of TPM figures from eToys.com, which felt like a weird and new thing to do.

Reaction score
No, I actually got the red carded Mace Windu from the actual Episode I line.

I missed out on the mail away sneak preview version but I did manage to get a STAP with Battle Droid in early 99.

Reaction score
Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Duel)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Duel)
Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine)
Padme Naberrie (with Pod Race View Screen)
Jar Jar Binks with Kaadu
Queen Amidala (Naboo) with Blaster Pistols
Darth Maul (Jedi Duel)

Reaction score
wow this thread was started in 2002 :alien:

my first figure from ep 1 was Darth Maul with the comm chip.

i remember being super hyped when i found him on the pegs because my area was notorious for only having pegwarmers by the time i was able to shop.

was really impressed with the detail of the figure, but his arms were locked into this weird bent position which made him not super fun to pose or play with.

my second was Qui-Gonn who was wearing a molded brown robe and one hand was molded straight out and the other was molded so he would like, hold his lightsaber hilt as it was hanging on his belt....also not super fun to pose or play with, but looked great standing still

Reaction score
Wow, memories.

I got the STAP and Mace preview figures first, but as for the regular figures, I got them all at once.
My wife and I went to the Midnight Madness at TRU.
I remember filling a shopping cart with stuff, and really for as crazy as it was, everyone was helping each other out. I was up close to the pegs and you'd hear someone in the back ask for a figure, so people were grabbing them and handing them back.
It was a very orderly, and friendly chaos. lol

After the frenzy my wife and I were going through our cart to figure out what we had, and if we had duplicates of things. That was when I first noticed the different versions of the Battle Droids.
As we were doing that the employees were re-loading all the pegs.
They got TONS of product in for that MM.

By the time we left, the pegs were over-flowing again (looked like none of us were ever there), we had two of every figure, and one each of everything else.
I used to still have the receipt. It was well over $1,000. Ah the frivolous ole days of slapping tons of crap on the credit card and worrying about it later. As fun as that was, I'm glad I grew out of it.

Reaction score
Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Duel) was my first TPM figure. I was blown away by the swivel elbows (and a little disappointed that my next figure, Ki Adi Mundi, was back to the standard 6POA).

Been feeling really nostalgic for this line recently; very close to re-buying a carded Qui-Gon for display.

Last edited: