what was your first ep1 figure????

Reaction score
Humans quickly turn savage when survival is on the line. :hmm:

I was cruising a Wal-Mart soon after the Han Bespin and Slave Leia figures started hitting the shelves. An employee must have just finished filling an end-cap because there was a guy with about 25 Slave Leia figures lying bubble-to-bubble flat at the bottom of his cart. He picked the pegs clean; leaving not one. He was searching through the Hot Wheels (looking for Treasure Hunt cars no doubt) when I asked him, very politely, if he would give up one of his Leia figures. Without even looking, he grunted through a barely discernible, "No I got here first you should have been earlier." You won't give up one of them? "No."

So a walked two aisles over, picked up one of the heavy boxed vinyl swimming pools, and dropped it into his cart. Bubble crunch galore. He wasn't happy. I was. He put most of them back on the shelf. I got one.

End of story.
Was that back in the poft2 days?

I was even younger back then, and I remember having the hardest time locating monkeyface leia. This was still during the red card era.

I remember my Mom driving me to every store in town for what seemed like weeks(maybe months), to no avail. Then one day, my mom wanted to go to the garden center at WalMart, so I excitedly went with her in the hopes of finding Leia. When I perused the aile, I was disappointed to find the same figures I'd seen for a year. I wasn't going to give up that easy, and promptly began pushing boxes on the baseboards in the hopes that somebody may have hid her behind a larger toy. Nope, nothing there. I then looked up, and thought I saw little white feet poking out over the top of the overstock. This was the pre christmas stock up, sometime in August I think, and the boxes were probaly 12 - 15 feet high. There was no way a customer would have been able to hide her up there, and I quickly deduced it was some resourceful employee. I decided not to ask for help, because I didn't want to get the employee who had hid her in the first place, so I went to work climbing the aile. Luckily it was early enough in the day that nobody else was in that section of the store, because I knocked so many toys and boxes over into the aile, I am sure I'd gotten kicked out if I was caught. I felt like achilles scaling the walls of Troy!

When I got my hands on her, I held on for dear life, and I remember looking around feeling like some employee would run up and take her from me. When we finally got out of the store, I felt like I had just won the lottery!

Reaction score
I got Darth Maul a few days after midnight madness followed by Watto. I didn't get that many Episode 1 figures right away. I got Chancelor Valorum for the first time at a yard sale about 5 years ago. I finally got naked Threepio and Nute Gunray a few months ago

Reaction score
I did the midnight sale when they were first released. Got pretty much everything except 12" Maul. Eventually found that thanks to a friendly Toys r Us employee. Actually, now that I think about it, I got the preview POTF figures before that. Sadly, sold it all several years ago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maul was hard to get by me and the secondary market was like $20. A friend had her mom send 3 up to her from FL for me. Cost about $20 for all 3

Reaction score
Not counting the preview figures, my first figures were Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Maul, and Amidala. I didn't go to Midnight Madness because it was a school night, but I did check them out at Walmart the next morning before class and knew I'd have to be selective since they were a whopping $6.74 a piece. Ahh, the good old days.

Reaction score
Not counting the preview figures, my first figures were Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Maul, and Amidala. I didn't go to Midnight Madness because it was a school night, but I did check them out at Walmart the next morning before class and knew I'd have to be selective since they were a whopping $6.74 a piece. Ahh, the good old days.
The price was a challenge for me too. I still think the line would have been way more successful if the figures were $4.99.

Reaction score
The price was a challenge for me too. I still think the line would have been way more successful if the figures were $4.99.
yeah like back when the episode III line was new they were five bucks a peice!! wish they would do this for VII...but yeeaah not gonna happen..

Reaction score
Jar Jar Binks was my first one, and also my first Star Wars action figure overall, also my only figure till 2005.

Reaction score
I got the complete first wave and everything that came with it all the night (midnight ) the toys were released .....long sold

Reaction score
NONE. And I thought Episode I was terrible; it only continued to get progressively and almost impressively worse from there.

Reaction score
My brother got me the Ep1 mail-away Mace Windu figure, so I guess that would count as my first. However, the first figure I bought at Midnight Madness in 1999 was Anakin with the brown backpack (anyone remember the whole brown/blue backpack thing?). Being a huge Darth Vader fan at the time (the Prequels quickly cured me of that), Little Annie was the number one figure that I wanted to get that night. I also picked up Watto and Anakin's Podracer before heading back to the barracks.

Reaction score
Mace Windu mailaway would be my first then Darth Maul. I got caught up in the madness, but never truly liked the line. Some of the later waves had better sculpts but nothing amazing. Would just laugh at that time of my collecting phase in life.

Reaction score
Mace mailaway; the few I stood in line for at Celebration I...then the rest at TRU Midnight Madness after getting off the plane from Denver with my exhausted wife & child.

Reaction score
Mail away Mace was first and then the STAP with Battle Droid set. I think at Midnight Madness the first figure I grabbed was Darth Maul.

Reaction score
The Blue Droid-(can't remember his name-B1?) and TC-14. Actually a couple of good figures from a very bad Movie.

Reaction score
Mine was Obi-Wan Kenobi. I still have the arm, but the rest was chewed up by my dog long ago.

Reaction score
I don't think there was a Kit Fisto in the Ep I assortment... do correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't recall which figure I laid my hands to first at the midnight opening for the toys, probably Darth Maul. Everyone I bought that night.. I think; which was Maul, Qui-Gon (jedi duel), Obi-Wan (jedi duel), Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, Dirty Battle Droid, and Wattoo.

Reaction score
I picked up all of the figures available at midnight madness in 1999. It was an amazing event, unlike the recent Force Friday fiasco.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
At the time I picked up Maul with his speeder, because it was the only non 5 poa.

Next one I picked up was 10+ years later when I needed a Watto for a video I was making. (Even that might have been the ep 2 version)

EDIT: In case you are interested the video is in my signature.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Obi Wan Kenobi. It wasn't at Midnight Madness but the following afternoon. Still one of my favorite figures...

Reaction score
Mine was Rick Olie. Being in 7th grade I had no chance of midnight release so got to toys r us fallowing evening and everything was picked threw. Nothing remotely I wanted. He atleast had a helmet and a gun. I remember being disappointed at selection and surprised that the figures where from a few different collections not just the first for the release. So being said Rick was a surprise.