What was the "official" number on ROTJ 2 packs?

Reaction score
HAHA!!!

I really LIKED that Gammie and Mr V 2-pack, but I did not bid. In the past, I would have, but as I mentioned on another thread, MOCs are all off limits for me. I am happy tho, for those who got these nice 2-packs into their collections. Wonderful pieces.
I believe prices were a little low because there were 5 vader 2 packs for sale at one time! Usually there are only 3-4 2 packs for sale on eBay with less desirable characters for inflated prices. I really liked the hammerhead/vader 2-pack,not sure of its rarity but it sold for the most.K

Reaction score
Loved the Vader 2 packs! All must've been pretty rare combos surely?

That seller did well buying that DV collection

Reaction score
Loved the Vader 2 packs! All must've been pretty rare combos surely?

That seller did well buying that DV collection
The desired combos are those with earlier characters and on screen character combos, and then those with weapons, (which I do not think any had weapons)so some of these ROTJ 2-packs were certainly desirable combos. That was a nice find for sure by the seller, does anyone know if this seller is a member of the forum?

I love seeing these ROTJ 2-packs coming up. Doesnt matter even if the bubble is smashed, something so unique about these lol

Reaction score
There were some good ones in those vader combos, but honestly I thought that the bib vader combo he had would go for more as it had both weapons in it. That one was a good grab for someone.

Reaction score
I bid on ALL of those Vader 2 packs, and was destroyed in the last 5 minutes of bidding. Some of those went from $300 to over a thousand in the blink of an eye.

Needless to say, I was outbid on every one. I can only imagine what they would have sold for if Vader was packed with another "premium" character as opposed to a random alien. Haha!

Reaction score
The winners were the 2 currently most serious and intense 2 Pack collectors. Not me - I still love them and collect them, but only when the price is right - I was once 4 characters short of the complete run of figures found in 2 Packs, but passed the baton on to a friend when I realized that those last 4 would cost me over $1000 each.

Reaction score
You mean theres 2 more serious and intense 2 pack collectors other than Scott and Todd lol.
those where some high numbers for those Vader 2 packs. I knew the hammerhead combo would go for the most but still high. Saying that in this day and age I wasn't surprised of the end prices and I am sure Vader was the main reason these went high. The consition was pretty good on them also.

Cheers

Vince

The winners were the 2 currently most serious and intense 2 Pack collectors. Not me - I still love them and collect them, but only when the price is right - I was once 4 characters short of the complete run of figures found in 2 Packs, but passed the baton on to a friend when I realized that those last 4 would cost me over $1000 each.

Reaction score
I am glad they went to good homes. I was going to embark on collecting these but the fear of bubbles coming off, yellowing, at these prices, spooked me. I will stick to proofs and what not. They are so beautiful tho in a sense and I treasure the ones I do have, just simple cheap packaging and yet they are so iconic, so vibrant and what a testament to the wide reach these figures made, their incredible production of SW figures lives in the form of these 2 packs.

Reaction score
arggg! I wanted the gam and vader; I fell asleep at the wheel/ damn work!- seems like every 2 pack collector should have at least one gam guard as the huge bubble on one of the sides was designed for him!
Yeah these guys I have come to like more and more as their randomness is just so cool- not to mention their rarity- Im guessing though these bubbles do crunch easy I dont see them yellowing any time soon

Reaction score
A friend has a two pack that was cut along the bottom of the bubble. You can see the paint rub on the inside of the bubble from the original figures which are Darth Vader and Farm boy Luke. He will be selling his carded collection and is wondering if he can truthfully say they were the original figures that belonged to the card. The bubble is not smashed or damaged more than a regular 2 pack but the figures inside are perfect and he has had them for more than 15 y

Reaction score
Not sure I'd call myself an 'intense 2 Pack collector', but two of these are now happily residing down under :)

Reaction score
the Bib and Vader 2 pack looked like the only yellow one, best I could tell from the photos, that had the yellow bubble out of the lot. The bubble on the gammie and Vader was really in great shape considering a lot of these gammie 2 packs are either cracked at the bottom or smashed big time because of the size of the puerco lol

Reaction score
They were all beauties. Been a bit quiet on the 2 pack front since then. Ones that I have seen come up anyway!

Reaction score
They were all beauties. Been a bit quiet on the 2 pack front since then. Ones that I have seen come up anyway!
I was just thinking the same thing this week, not much has come up since that great auction, and I Mean that was GREAT. nice offerings, at auction and I mean, I looked at all of them in great detail, recording everything as I always do and I gotta say, they were in great shape! Since then tho, nothing really has jumped out, I see someone is trying to hype the loss of Carrie but pretty quiet.

hopefully some more goodies show up

Reaction score
Not sure I'd call myself an 'intense 2 Pack collector', but two of these are now happily residing down under :)

Are you re-selling the Vader and Gammie Guard then? I say this because in Australia the same 2 pack sold in Jan 11, is now listed by an Australia for sale, including some notes regarding damaging during shipping. Just curious.

Reaction score
Ouch :'( That Vader and Gammie Guard 2-pack, after going for 811 initially, after getting damaged and having the bubble break, was resold again, this time for only 190, god that was massive hair cut. Be prepared to get hosed on cracked bubbles. Good Lord, what a cut in price, roughly a 75% reduction in price. Man, I am good off collecting MOCs. BTW, I am not against cracked bubbles, I proudly own a ROTJ 2-pack AFA graded one, that I have no issues with, was fine with the crack. But I would not have bought that one if it didnt have the crack.

Reaction score
Hoth Im surprised- wouldnt have figured you for someone who would buy crack knowingly? :p

Reaction score
Hoth Im surprised- wouldnt have figured you for someone who would buy crack knowingly? :p
well, its true but that is my only cracked bubble. AFA 80s and highers are beauties, AFA is great. However, I made the exception because I respected the fact that the piece was still valid, in my eyes as a collector. However, it is because of all these issues, that I personally have stopped by any MOCs.

Reaction score
been pretty quiet on this front lately, havent seen any interesting 2 packs come up yet.....

Reaction score
Me neither.

Even a beat up Ree Yees / Han Trench coat went for over $200 the other week on eBay!!

Yea I saw that!!!

did you catch the ewok and Leia from mid April? been pretty quiet tho outside of that, nothing like a few months ago

Reaction score
well, that Bib and Greedo pack was pretty interesting, but man did it go cheap, because of the crack down the middle but still, under 100 bucks! I guess thats the upside to collecting cracked bubbles, cheap prices, makes it affordable for collectors, however, that does come with issues.

nevertheless, nice two pack combo.

Reaction score
Thought this was interesting. A Squid Head and Leia ANH 2-pack with badly smashed bubble 2-pack first sold on may 14 of this year for 109.99 Months later, the exact same 2 pack was listed on ebay by, who I am guessing,was the buyer from that auction and had a listing where at auction it went for 196 on May 28th. Someone trying to flip, signs of a fatigued market?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenner-Vint...JhjxnlHjNO2mDtZvxCZcQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Reaction score
Thought this was interesting. A Squid Head and Leia ANH 2-pack with badly smashed bubble 2-pack first sold on may 14 of this year for 109.99 Months later, the exact same 2 pack was listed on ebay by, who I am guessing,was the buyer from that auction and had a listing where at auction it went for 196 on May 28th. Someone trying to flip, signs of a fatigued market?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenner-Vint...JhjxnlHjNO2mDtZvxCZcQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Who cares. Go away.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well, an interesting development and discovery within my own collection - a Lili Ledy Vader with Ackbar. I almost sold it too! It was a lucky save. The first time I have seen a LL Vader on one of these two-packs and goes a long way to substantiating the thought that these were all pulled off cards before being re-carded by Kay-Bee.

Despite the heavy creasing, the bubble is 100% firmly sealed with no cracks.

Cheers
Pat

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, an interesting development and discovery within my own collection - a Lili Ledy Vader with Ackbar. I almost sold it too! It was a lucky save. The first time I have seen a LL Vader on one of these two-packs and goes a long way to substantiating the thought that these were all pulled off cards before being re-carded by Kay-Bee.

Despite the heavy creasing, the bubble is 100% firmly sealed with no cracks.

Cheers
Pat
Thanks for sharing. Makes sense since the carded figures Kenner was sending Cg Corporation were ROTJ ones (Made In Mexico Vader as one option). I believe I've seen the MIM Vader in other 2 Packs....I'll have to go back and look through old photos.

Reaction score

Shortly after that listing closed, another 2 pack, with the same pairing showed up, this one is in beautiful shape and went for a pretty fair amount-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-V...JhjxnlHjNO2mDtZvxCZcQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Reaction score
Wanted to revive this thread...these 2 packs are really great; fun to collect!!!- here are my recent 2 buys. Jimmy 2 packs- I did notice several of your biker scouts were the ledy short mouth version as well. Did not see any paired with Wicket however so I am excited to post this one. Love the gammy 2 pack w vader as well. Its so great he has a ree-yees weapon instead of his axe LOL!

Reaction score
I remember getting two or three of these packs way back in the day from KayBee. I specifically bought packs with the Biker Scout. If I recall, I think one of the packs even came with a blaster. Such a shame so many of these were sent out with no accessories. Not sure if it's 100% accurate, but I read somewhere the company putting these together got most of their stock loose, in 55 gallon drum containers, or something like that. They didn't know the weapons were at the bottom of the container, and by the time they found them it was too late to pack them in most of the sets. That's why so few have weapons, because it was near the end of them being packed. Rumor is all the left over accessories just got thrown away.

Reaction score
I remember getting two or three of these packs way back in the day from KayBee. I specifically bought packs with the Biker Scout. If I recall, I think one of the packs even came with a blaster. Such a shame so many of these were sent out with no accessories. Not sure if it's 100% accurate, but I read somewhere the company putting these together got most of their stock loose, in 55 gallon drum containers, or something like that. They didn't know the weapons were at the bottom of the container, and by the time they found them it was too late to pack them in most of the sets. That's why so few have weapons, because it was near the end of them being packed. Rumor is all the left over accessories just got thrown away.
Yes - Loose from Asian factories told to put everything on hold due to slowing sales (ie. don't package them up). But also - carded overstock from Kenner in Cincinnati (and probably cases from a few retail stores with non sellers). The carded ones would be the origins of those weapons....but only because of the CG employees that bothered to take the weapon out of the bubble (there are some weapons in 2 Packs with the tape still attached!). Your Ree Yees rifle must have come from a Ree Yees right before or after the Gamorrean Guard. "oh, here's a weapon for him" toss; press.

I always wondered about mail aways and baggie figures as sources. Todd D told me (from his interview with one of the CG corp guys) that they didn't utilize baggie figures. However, I have a 2 Pack with a Klaatu with plastic around his wooly skirt. There are baggie Klaatus like that (but also some 65 backs as well). ROTJ 2 Packs remain a tantalizing mystery!