what podcast do you listen to?

Reaction score
i would love to hear what other podcasts you guys listen to. i am a big fan of "slice of sci fi" and "wingin it 3d", "2 irish geeks and a tv" and of course "smodcast" (download is christmas podcast for a great star wars story)

Reaction score
I listen to three other podcasts, all of them about technology.

CNET's Buzz Out Loud - http://bol.cnet.com
This Week in Tech - http://www.twit.tv/twit
Windows Weekly - http://www.twit.tv/ww

Buzz Out Loud is daily from Monday to Friday, and the other two are weekly. They're all great for tech fans like myself, and I highly recommend them to anyone in the tech world. Even if you think you know it all, these podcasts will teach you something. And the chemistry that the hosts have makes them all hilarious!

Reaction score
Well..let's see what's on the ol' iPod list
Attack of the Show (and The Daily Feed)
X-Play
Strongbad Emails
Decoder Ring Theatre (Old Time Radio type shows)
Star Wars Action News (dedicated to SW collecting)
and USA Today's Pop Candy (all about Pop Culture)

Reaction score
Actually, I only listen to one ...

The thing is I have no commuting time whatsoever (I work from home), and my extra-work activities nearly always involve some kind of concentration, which don't add up very well with active listening (well, not in my case anyway).
So the Force-cast is all I can afford for the moment.

That ... and the forums of course, which are such a great place (I never get tired of saying that)

But I'll keep an eye on your suggestions, and maybe try to cut my sleeping time in two ?

Reaction score
I just listen to the Force-Cast.

I'm dying to tune into the Indy casts, but I do not want to know any details about the film. So I stay away from that podcast unfortunately.

- Justin

Reaction score
Reaction score
TallestJawa said:
Falleen_Fan_No_1 said:
well, of COURSE the force-cast, but I too LOVE SModcast and the Strongbad Emails! haha! So as I was tying this, I found out that somebody is doing the equivalent to the Jawa Videos for the SModcast!

http://www.newsaskew.com/2008/02/10/smodpast-brings-smodcast-to-your-screen/

The Jawas have started a craze.
WHAT?! [Jawa outrage!] Yet another amazing thing we invented and will get no credit for!

Where's our nickels!?
Jawas are a band of theives & scavengers - no credit for you!

- Justin

Reaction score
Jedi_Justin said:
Jawas are a band of theives & scavengers - no credit for you!

- Justin
Oh! You wound us, sir!

That would be "opportunistic recyclers".

Reaction score
Across the pond I too am a massive Kevin Smith Fan, managed to get a ticket for Evening Harder in London, which was awesome, so I love the smodcast. That's the cast I listen to when the wife is in the car, but not my 18 month old daughter.

Also like to reccommend the Ricky Gervais Show. No longer a weekly but if you like The Office UK and have seen Extras you'll love this podcast. You can buy it as a series on iTunes now. It's Gervais and his writing partner Steve Merchant along with a friend of theirs called Karl Pilkington. He has an absolutley hilarious view on life, his story about seeing a bee have a heart attack just gives you an idea of the sort of topics covered.

Love it but Forcecast rules, gets me through a heavy load of marking at the end of a long day of children!!

Reaction score
Sheldon said:
What is smodcast? Why so great?
Smodcast is Kevin Smith's podcast. He's usually with his buddy/producer Scott Mosier talking about everyday life stuff but often dropping into realms of humurous vulgarity and obsenity one would expect from Smith.

I love it, I think it's hilarious but not for the innocent.

Reaction score
It's just force cast for me, Jason and pete can't be beat.(unintentional rhyme XD)

Reaction score
ForceCast (of course), bu I also enjoy SModcast as well. Been enjoying both for a while, however I'm in a similar situation to Satka. My commute time is 15 minutes if traffic is heavy, but I have found that streaming the audio while playing on my Xbox is a great way to enjoy both. Especially with games like LEGO Star Wars.

It doesn't not seem to ever get updated, but I also have enjoyed "Ask Mike" over at Rifftrax.com. I also have downloaded a lot of rifftrax, but I don't think those count as podcasts.

Reaction score
i listen to ricky gervais podcast and i have to admit either karl pilkington is a genius or a complete nutter. his books are fantastic too

Reaction score
Falleen_Fan_No_1 said:
well, of COURSE the force-cast, but I too LOVE SModcast and the Strongbad Emails! haha! So as I was tying this, I found out that somebody is doing the equivalent to the Jawa Videos for the SModcast!

http://www.newsaskew.com/2008/02/10/smodpast-brings-smodcast-to-your-screen/

The Jawas have started a craze.

Definitely love SModCast as well. It's really my only other "go to" podcast besides some local radio stuff. Might have to start checking out the Lost podcast though to see what I have not been picking up on with my viewing.

Reaction score
Being James Bond is a pretty cool podcast!
Can you guess what it is all about?

Reaction score
The Force-Cast (and it's spinoffs)
GoNintendo.com Podcast
The Dennis Miller Show (just a podcast of his radio show)

Reaction score
I listened to this podcast today.
What is the best Star Wars podcast? by SacredKnightOfTomorrow, on Flickr
what are some of the best Star Wars Podcasts?

I have already been listening to other NON-STAR WARS podcasts, like this daily one:
Coffee #kennethcopeland #kcm #bvov #bible #jesusislord by SacredKnightOfTomorrow, on Flickr
and
Coffee #hillsong by SacredKnightOfTomorrow, on Flickr
and this one is less frequent:
#atari podcast by SacredKnightOfTomorrow, on Flickr
and
Subscribe to this Podcast on iTunes!!!! by SacredKnightOfTomorrow, on Flickr

Last edited:
Reaction score
Been listening to all the Star Wars related Forcecast shows. Especially like the original Forcecast and Echo Base.