What makes ROTS' Airborne Troopers airborne?

Reaction score
What makes ROTS\' Airborne Troopers airborne?

So after seeing the Airborne Troopers in ROTS, but not actually seeing how they get into battle got me wondering what makes them an airborne trooper. Do they drop in, in pods like Bungie's Halo ODSTs or do they 'parachute'?

I think pods would be the better one, since parachuting would seem too real for Star Wars, but hey if that's what happens then so be it. Does anyone know for sure?

Reaction score
Re: What makes ROTS\' Airborne Troopers airborne?

I think it's the nature of the helmet design honestly. Look at the breathing holes. I think the helmet has better ventilation than the standard clone helmets. Think of them as paratroopers.

What was the original name for it? Parajari or something?

Reaction score

I just can't see Clone Troopers using parachutes, it feels to 'real-lifey' for me.

Reaction score

What makes them airborne? Try throwing them across a room!

Reaction score

CMDR_Appo said:
I just can't see Clone Troopers using parachutes, it feels to 'real-lifey' for me.
If you think that's unimaginable, there was a comic some time back that showed clone troopers descending down with umbrellas like Mary Poppins or something. I wish I could find the pic but it was all kinds of retarded.

Reaction score

they do high altitude drops from the gunships, but i dunno if the apparatus they use is ever shown.

MK - the picture is of Rep. Commandos parachuting in, pretty funny imo.

Reaction score

bikerscout said:
No doubt, I nearly [censored] my pants as I went into delerium from unabated laughter.

Reaction score

I'm just gonna run with the ODST style pods. To me that's a lot cooler than a mary poppins drop.

Reaction score

Michael_Knight said:
bikerscout said:
No doubt, I nearly [censored] my pants as I went into delerium from unabated laughter.
ya. I forget if I saw it online first, but I was thumbing through some comics in the sw gift shop when i went to see SW: Where science meets tech exhibit at CA Science Center. I think i bought a comic, but not that particular one. Crap, just tried googling the pic, but no dice. I gotta find that comic when i get home now. buggin me

Reaction score

HOPE Squad were the Republic Commando 'para(sol)troopers' from the comic.

That was all kinds of ridiculous.

Reaction score

It's A COMIC. Supposed to be humorous! No if Scorch were doin that in the Rep. Commando video game, then there might be a problem

Reaction score

See Hasbro always labels these guys as Airborne Troopers but if you watch the film they seem more like medics to me.

I think their little handbag thing they carry is meant to be their medic kit (and not hold yet another gun like the Hasbro toy)

See on Utapau when a Clone goes down it's one of the "Airborne" troopers who goes over to help him, and what else would their little shoulder bag be for?

Reaction score

I think they just repel from lines but I could be mistaken?
A parachute would be retarded with jet packs and everything else available.

Reaction score

pocoyo_joe said:
See on Utapau when a Clone goes down it's one of the "Airborne" troopers who goes over to help him, and what else would their little shoulder bag be for?
to carry these:

Reaction score

Maybe they provide Airborne for the rest of the troops.

Reaction score

See that's how canny Palpatine is, not only does he get his own personnal clone army bought and paid for at someone else's expense, he also gets a backhander from a drugs manufacturer for using some of his troops as advertising their product!

the man's a genius, no wonder he ended up running the whole galaxy ...all Mola Ram had was those 3 rocks! No surprise Han didn't need either the Falcon or Chewie to take him down

Reaction score

To get back directly on subject the Airborne Troopers were airborne because of their armor.

They were just literally dropped down from high altitudes and their enhanced armor allowed them to not only break falls but I'm sure that they often just did the grapple style or drop from the trnasports (grappling shown in Utapau ROTS).

Otherwise they might have an apparatus much like that of the SCUBA troopers but in this case they may drop it once landing as if it were a modern day parachute.

Also I thought Parjai was just one of the squads of the Second Airborne Company.

EDIT: I know it's a month old too but I felt like it was unanswered.

Anyways, I researched it and they had 'winged jetpacks for 'sky troopers'

Reaction score

I think, though never shown, that they use jetpacks similar to what Cody is sporting in ROTS. Then when they hit ground they ditch the pack just like an earth soldier would with a parachute. That's why you don't see them wearing it in the movie cuz they're already on the ground. At least that's my personal reasoning.

Reaction score

Thanks guys for the help. While non of it's confirmed, at least it's given me an insight. I was really worried that the comic strip might have been true lol.

Reaction score
It doesn't help me that I came to collecting late. I have some 3.75" airborne troops. I didn't know "why" they were airborne, but I knew that I needed to have some.