What item in your collection do you hold most dear?

Reaction score
Out of your entire collection, what is the one or two item(s) that you hold closest to your heart? I don't mean the most high grade or worth the most in your collection, but rather the item(s)/vehicle(s)/figure(s) that you are attached to/sentimental about/cherish the most and why? Suppose you had to sell off your collection, what 1-2 things would you not part with? And why!

For me, it'd have to be these two guys because they were the only SW gifts my wife ever gave me! LOL. So if everything else had to go... I'd probably keep these two.

IMG_0239.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
The three things I have that have sentimental value that would be the last to sell would be:
1- AFA 80 Chewy Bandolier
2- AFA 80 Imperial Attack base
3- AFA U80 ROTJ Speeder Bike

I had these as a kid and I really enjoyed playing the heck out of them lol

Reaction score
Would have to be the early bird

however rebuying the toys I had as a child is also a pretty close to a tie

I bought my Vader tie , landspeeder, X wing and a handful of figs I know I had as a child first and then began my hoard

found a land of the Jawas play set at a comic con and that was the last piece I needed to fill my childhood collection

Last edited:
Reaction score
Probably my MOC Luke Jedi. Got it as a birthday present in the late 90s. I think it was around $80 which seemed insane to me at the time. Was my 1st MOC figure.

2nd would be one of the 1st loose original Lukes I picked up, again in the 90s. Was always my favorite figure. I found this one w/ a broken tip saber and slightly pink arm. Got him for a steal back then. I later upgraded the saber to w/ tip.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My childhood Millenium Falcon and Landspeeder. Fortunately, I still have almost all of my childhood collection.
The Landspeeder was part of my first Star Wars purchase when I was 6 in early 1979 when there was only 12 figures. I already had C-3PO and Darth Vader my dad had given me for Hanukkah after recently bringing my older brother and sister and I to see the movie for the first time at a cheap 2nd run theater. So my mom had a $5 coupon for this little store that had a full display of SW toys and she let me spend an extra dollar. The figures were only $1 each and the Landspeeder was $5. I stood there for a long time debating getting 6 figures and finally decided to get Luke and the Landspeeder. In 1996 I picked up my childhood SW collection from my brothers storage shed in Alaska to bring back home to NY state. As I was going through everything my nephew who was about 6 asked to play with the Landspeeder. I thought that would be cool and said OK and with in 1 minute he had broken the shifter! I couldn't believe I had played with that toy for so many years and he broke it in seconds! A few years later I bought another shifter off Ebay. Also, the top rocket would come off so a fellow collector friend's dad fixed that for me. It wasn't just a matter of gluing it back on. I forget exactly what he had to do.
I got the Falcon on my birthday from my mom in June 1980. We bought it on sale at Bradlees and it was a SW box. I was in heaven to finally have one! Every time I finished playing with it I would put it back in its box until the box was so beat up I threw it away. The training remote ball was lost and the gun turret and one of the ramp supports were broken so I picked up original replacement parts to complete it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hard to not like the ones you had as a child. Gotta admit. Also something about the played with figures I picked up here and there that's really appealing somehow. Sadly, I think all of my childhood SW stuff got thrown out or given away to those in need years and years ago. I did find an oily Topps SW card in my folks attic that I still have ("The Star Warriors!"/ Official Description #21 of 22).

Reaction score
Jedi Luke (blue saber/snap cape)

Jedi Luke was my favorite Star Wars figure when I was a kid. I only ever saw Jedi Luke in the stores once and I talked my parents into buying it for me. It happened to be the blue saber/snap cape variant. All my childhood Star Wars figures were thrown out by my Mom. But I picked up a blue saber/snap cape Jedi Luke in great shape for $50 in the late 90's at an antique mall.

Reaction score
My very first figure, Yoda. I've had to replace of the accessories. The cane and snake were lost to the vacuum. The belt broke and part was lost to the vacuum as well. The original coat, which I still have, has a huge rip in the back and won't stay on. But the figure is irreplaceable. It's not the monetary value, it's the sentimental value.

A second item would be my Yoda hand puppet. He has stood sentinel by my bed side for nearly 40 years. It is pure coincidence that both are Yoda.

Reaction score
Probably my Kenner Brown Snake Yoda that my sister either bought me or loaned me the money for when I was younger. Have always held onto him as he’s always been in my collection and the only vintage figure I owned for a long time before adding a MOC Orange Snake Yoda. Another is not the most valuable figure but it was my first Yoda figures. I finally found one at TRU back in the POTF2 days and got Yoda on a green saber card back. I have others more valuable and autographed that are irreplaceable but they were the firsts.

Reaction score
For me, ESB X-Wing Luke would be mine, as it’s the first Kenner figure I ever got as a kid, and the only one I had for at least a couple of years.

I still have my original, which is the ‘slimmer’ Hong Kong version - which also has a uniquely pungent, but not unpleasant, plastic-odour - quintessentially the ‘smell of SW’ for me personally!

Everything about this figure is a win: the colours, the sculpt, the smell, its versatility (can be Luke or another pilot), and the blaster.

Its cardback is also one of the all-time best.

:) I’m desperately hoping Hasbro reproduce this figure as part of the Retro Collection - until then, I gave the Retro Snowspeeder Luke figure - which is also very nice for what it is!

Reaction score
I (and mum and dad) kept off my my childhood figures and vehicles.
Even cardbacks and boxes.

There are 3 figures that stand out by having a bigger story attached:
The first two, ERG and Squid Head.
At the time, we had a little dog and we grew up together.
He liked things that were fluffy. He would always run off with these two figures given the chance and i would try to get them back.
It got to the point where i stopped playing with those two.

The other is Bossk. One day my dad stepped on him by accident and broke his head off.
My dad took the figure to work and repaired the head, but it has since come off again.
I can see the repair job that my dad did.

Good memories.

Reaction score
It's a toss up between Dengar, hes one of the few figures I still have from when I was a kid. The other is the X-Wing Luke my Dad got me just before he died a few years ago.

Reaction score
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight for me. I remember ripping him off the card in the back seat of our green Volvo station wagon on the way home from K Mart. In the twenty or so minutes that it took to reach our driveway, I had already lost his blaster between the seat cushions. I was devistated, and begged my Dad to pull out the rear bench seat to find my lost accessory, he was unsympathetic.
I wonder how many wrecks in the junkyard hold treasure between their seats.

Reaction score
My childhood Kenner Yoda figure(s), without a doubt - my brother and I both had one, and I still have the pair to this day. I use to bring mine when traveling places, and played with it endlessly.

Another group of items I hold dear are my customs, its a unique art form, and they remain truly OOAK pieces in my collection. The time and imagination that goes into them is valuable and remains a memorable part of this hobby as well.

Reaction score
Would have to be the early bird

however rebuying the toys I had as a child is also a pretty close to a tie

I bought my Vader tie , landspeeder, X wing and a handful of figs I know I had as a child first and then began my hoard

found a land of the Jawas play set at a comic con and that was the last piece I needed to fill my childhood collection

Child of the 80s here, most of what I had as a kid was ESB/ROTJ. My favorite item was actually the hoth imperial base. I had lots of other stuff, but just always held that one close. But my parents weren't the "keep everything" types, so I don't have a single toy from my youth.

Grew up, and my 2 oldest were kids during the golden legacy/CW era. And we basically had everything...and kept it all. During that time, I snagged a couple vintage figures, but never made a point to rebuild my childhood collection.

During this past spring, went to my first vintage toy show with my youngest. As I walked through, I found a complete hoth imperial base, with fairly beat up but "all there" box. Guy was only asking $40. Jumped at it, then proceeded to get a couple snowtroopers. Cause, you know...gotta populate it.

We have a massive collection now. And every item is special, because it's a bond my sons and I shared. But that damn imperial base is still the one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The most sentimentally valuable part of my collection was inside my heart all along. It took 17 hours spread across 3 surgeries to safely remove it.

Reaction score
At 73 I missed the excitement of the Star War craze from '77 to '85. Too busy starting my post military time career and family. But I have always loved die cast toys and have several original mechanical banks. This love took me through the Hot Wheels craze. All of which I later gave to my grandsons with instructions not to open them. But that fell on death ears and most have been lost now. When I really started to watch the Star Wars movies on TV the vehicles caught my attention and I naturally started searching for the ones in die cast form. Of this group I would have to say my Tie Bomber is the one I most cherish. I also fell in love with the Ewoks and purchased the carded versions many years back before the prices went crazy. I have 4 large collections. Die cast toys, antique fishing lures and memorabilia (1874 to 1953), my war related graphic novels (comic books)1947 to mid 70s, and my Star Wars. All this being said,my die cast ships and Ewoks are going nowhere.

I might add I have already given my son my fishing lure/memorabilia collection. My daughter-in-law has laid claim to two of the shadow box displays and has issued a death threat to my son if he ever tries to sell them...lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's got to be my childhood Millennium Falcon. I am very fortunate to still have almost everything I had growing up. Some of the stickers are gone. It's showing some yellowing. I've had to replace some missing parts, but the majority of it is mine. I spent hours playing with and flying that thing around. I proudly have it sitting on a shelf in my collection room. I've had several others come and go that were much more "display worthy" but they will never take the place of my original.

A few other items are my Slave 1, Imperial Shuttle and Luke Stormtrooper figure. Some great memories attached to those as well.

Reaction score
I still have/had almost everything from my childhood. I sold a lot of it recently because the degradation of the plastic (they were stored without temp control for many many years) was painful to look at. It was like seeing your favorite grandparent have Alzheimer's or something. I kept a rather large collection of it still, though. I can't really rank any of those items as being more dear than another. If I tried, my Han in Carbonite would probably win. My other childhoob POTF figures are up there. Definitely my old Bespin Leia, Endor Leia, Dengar, Rebel Soldier and Rebel Commander also.

But when I was a kid I spent a lot of quiet moments pondering HOW ON EARTH these toys were made. I just couldn't get my 4 year old mind around it. So nowadays, my preproduction stuff is most dear. I can point to those things and say "They were there, 3,000 years ago...", so to speak.

Reaction score
Out of your entire collection, what is the one or two item(s) that you hold closest to your heart? I don't mean the most high grade or worth the most in your collection, but rather the item(s)/vehicle(s)/figure(s) that you are attached to/sentimental about/cherish the most and why? Suppose you had to sell off your collection, what 1-2 things would you not part with? And why!

For me, it'd have to be these two guys because they were the only SW gifts my wife ever gave me! LOL. So if everything else had to go... I'd probably keep these two.

View attachment 384683
My Gentle Giant Death Trooper Bust

Attachments

• gg.jpg
    gg.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
I still have my original, first wave figures, and my Blue Snaggletooth. Those are probably the Star Wars toys most dear to me. As for non-Star Wars, those would probably be my set of complete Micronauts Aliens. All are the original figures I received when I was a kid, except Centaurus, who I bought off eBay way back in '99 or '00.