What is your latest Kenner acquisition?

Reaction score
Teebo, Latara and Chief Chirpa* I assume, though maybe in Spain they go by other names.

*The older ewok looks like a bit of a cross between a few characters, maybe the toyline distorted the details/colors as often happens. Or my memory is bad.
Those are pretty cool!!!! What year were they made? Do you know what company made them?

Reaction score
Those were made by Comics Spain in the 80s! The larger Ewok with the horn is Paploo. You can see the entire run on the blog in my signature, its a little niche line that I love! They also did a Dulok from the Ewoks cartoon. Star Tours released Wicket as well, but their version was slightly different - comparison shots are on the blog as well.

Reaction score
Sidious knows his stuff!

They are Comics Spain, and as far as I know only ever were available overseas. They really resemble their cartoon (and Marvel comics) counterparts almost exactly. In the cartoon, Paploo is sort of like an older village elder; for some reason he always has to hang out with the younger Ewoks, almost like a babysitter. Teebo is the guy on the stump; he trains with Logray to be a shaman. Princess Kneesaa is Chirpa’s daughter; she is kind of spoiled but has a good heart (even though she breaks lots of rules). Latara is kind of like a flirty “valley girl” Ewok (it was the ‘80s).

The company only made these five Ewoks (no Chirpa or Logray), plus the Dulok Scout (which I don’t have). They’re pretty rare, with Kneesaa seeming to be by far the rarest for some reason. I’ve been hunting her down for several years, trying to find a doable price!

Comics Spain also did a few droids characters—Threepio, Artoo, and a guy called Kez-Iban. They are much easier to find.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those were made by Comics Spain in the 80s! The larger Ewok with the horn is Paploo. You can see the entire run on the blog in my signature, its a little niche line that I love! They also did a Dulok from the Ewoks cartoon. Star Tours released Wicket as well, but their version was slightly different - comparison shots are on the blog as well.
We actually watch the DVD of the show probably around one episode per week, on average. If you caught me on a better day I'd have known who it was! I was mentally hung up on it being Weechee, even thoughI knew that wasn't right.

Reaction score
Sweet. I love those maps!!
Me too! It's the only one I've still got so I am psyched. It's actually from a 90's yardsale, as proven by the tiny blue check marks on some items I never had as a kid! It's the Endor map, and I think that's the only map I ever got: I think I owned 3 vehicles which all came with Endor maps. maaaybe my Side Gunner came with Tatooine but I think it, and my A-Wing, Ewok Battlewagon all had Endor maps. I don't think I had any other POTF(1) vehicles... then again I DID have the Jabba's Dungeon with Amamin/EV-99/Barada... maybe that had a map?

Reaction score
Bronze stormtrooper. Served an unknown purpose in the preproduction process of Micro Collection figures. A friend of a friend was selling it, took some finagling to get it mailed to me but it's here now, thanks to a lot of good help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got a call from a relative, asking if I wanted to check out a box of Star Wars toys that were gifted to him. He said take what you want, and the rest he's going to sell. I assumed they'd all be modern beaters from one of the kids in the family. They were all vintage Kenner. The box was the size of a dishwasher - full of playsets, vehicles, and about 70 figures. Never thought I'd get to dig through a childhood collection and help myself to it. There was no Vlix or anything else rare, but there were some complete figures that I didn't own: Emperor's Royal Guard, 4-LOM, Leia boushh, as well as a Dianoga, and a Jawa without a cloak. I never had this Jawa as a kid, so I had no idea how tiny it is! Hopefully I can track down a cloak for him. The Dianoga was my favorite surprise - surely nothing that I ever had as a child - such an awesome oddball to have as an adult though. What really put a smile on my face was Leia boushh - had her in the 80s, and she was my only Leia figure. My father limited my Leia purchases to this figure, as he said the rest were dolls...what idiotic parenting in the 80s. That being said, adding some figures to my Kenner collection put a smile on my face this weekend, especially after cleaning them up to restore their original wonder.