What is your latest Kenner acquisition?

Reaction score
I see. I think i may have gotten a micro set for Xmas way back when. I just remember being disappointed its wasnt the full size whatever it was.

Reaction score
Got some bagged figs I plan in recarding on repro cards. Anyone want video of the sacrilege of opening the baggies?? :)
These are far more valuable bagged (minus 3PO, which is quite common), if they are sealed. You could trade, or sell, these to get nice examples of the same figure. Probably get even more in return. Luke Jedi (Taiwan) bagged recently sold on eBay for $155 and $170. Heck, at that price, you are not too far away from a carded Luke Jedi!

Reaction score
These are far more valuable bagged (minus 3PO, which is quite common), if they are sealed. You could trade, or sell, these to get nice examples of the same figure. Probably get even more in return. Luke Jedi (Taiwan) bagged recently sold on eBay for $155 and $170. Heck, at that price, you are not too far away from a carded Luke Jedi!
Already got the bagged figures and got one heck of a deal. Im beyond the "value" of something when it comes to collecting. Im just trying to put together a set of the figures I had when I was a kid. Can't afford real ones so reproductions will be just fine.

Reaction score
But I think for the value of a bagged one you could buy a really great loose one and have money left over to pay for the card and bubble and so forth. And maybe even be able to afford more figures total. Then again the baggies gonna crack and dry up and break at some point anyway.

Reaction score
But I think for the value of a bagged one you could buy a really great loose one and have money left over to pay for the card and bubble and so forth. And maybe even be able to afford more figures total. Then again the baggies gonna crack and dry up and break at some point anyway.
The purpose of buying baggie figures is they are new/pristine. For R2 and 3PO is almost the only way of getting a mint figure. I just happened to get all 4 for just over the cost of Luke alone.

I personally see little value in the baggie itself. They don't look good for displaying and I'm past stockpiling stuff in my closet that never see the light of day. I want them displayed properly, on a card, even if it means a repro card.

Reaction score
Well I am personally planning on someday opening bagged micro figures for a pristine display. For commonly found ones anyways. Someone at Kenner made off with apparently hundreds of sets of Ion Cannon figures. I got 4 sets for like $25 apiece a few years back.

Reaction score
I got a $5 y wing at the flea this weekend for just the landing gear. trying to put another together but the struts are stupid expensive. only last year I paid $75 for a complete one. cobbling one together so far I am in $40, need struts, afterburners and bomb. I love restoring vehicles, but man it's getting expensive. X wing cockpits alone going for $40-$50.... :(

Reaction score
Nice, love the clear bubble 😁
Thanks! I was debating whether I wanted this version or the 47-back ESB card with the 4-LOM offer. Even though that one is technically the earliest release of the TIE Pilot, the "Revenge of the Jedi" offer pushed this version over the top for me.

Reaction score
I found a three and three-quarter inch C-3PO at a secondhand store in a random bag of action figures a few months back. He wasn’t in too bad of shape either. So I guess that counts. On a semi-related note when was the last time anyone saw original kind of stuff at actual retail? I think the last thing I ever saw was a Chewbacca bandolier strap at Erie PA children’s Palace in the 90s. Probably around 1993. I saw speeder bike at Bradford PA fishers big wheel maybe around 1989 as well. Probably around 1991 or so I saw two Lobots on a peg at the general store in Tionesta PA.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got 2-1Bs staff for $9. I only need one more imperial blaster and all of my original figures will be complete with all original accessories other than the skirt for the snowtrooper.

Not sure which weapons are more valuable than the others but I have a Han Solo Bespin blaster I'd trade for a Hammerhead blaster.

Reaction score
Went to another antique mall today. Picked up vintage Taun Taun ($30.40) with box and vintage Speeder Bike ($38) in box. Speeder bike still in the inner tray and has the instructions and catalog. Taun Taun has the saddle & reins & is not the split belly version.

Reaction score
Saw this earlier , may want to check your accounts. It worked for me. Posted it in VTC forum also

$25 off Free Stuff from EBay!! Does not work on all accounts but should work for many. This is the ebay $25 off $25.01 anniversary coupon, if it works on your account you can use to buy anything you want. Click below to see if your account has it!

Add random item to cart - YOU ARE NOT PURCHASING, it is just to test. or find any other item on ebay that is over $25.01 to test it with
Go to checkout, apply the coupon code HAPPY25 at checkout, make sure to type in all caps.
If it works then awesome, go buy whatever you want. If you get a message that says "Looks like that's the wrong code" that means it doesn't work on your account. The code is correct, it is not wrong. just that message means it doesn't work for you

Reaction score
Very excited for my new Sandpeople/person. The paint looks great as does the cape. I always had 2 of them, one light brown, one dark but neither had the cape/stick. I payed a reasonable price and who I got it from bought the remnants of my old loose/incomplete figures.

Attachments

Reaction score
Nothing really too crazy or special, for that matter. But the most recent arrival is a dark hair Bespin Luke figure. Very nice shape.

20201011_110001.jpg

20201011_110008.jpg

Reaction score
1602563699202.jpeg
1602563757855.jpeg
I picked this guy up complete in a baggie at a comic shop. I didn’t need it, but I couldn’t pass it up!

Reaction score
My most recent acquisition is actually a rescue - a figure from my nephew's collection. He no longer plays with figures as a teenager, and my brother is selling his old toys, so I saved Bossk. I remember buying it for him at a toy store called Big Fun many years ago. Couldn't let this fond memory slip away - if he ever shows interest in the future, I'll have this little gem to return.

View media item 398886

Reaction score
He's 14, about the same age I was when I started purging a lot of my toys, as my interests moved elsewhere. I remember selling most of my SW figures, and while I didn't mind doing so as a teen, as an adult collector, I do regret losing a bunch of great items. I can of course purchase everything again, but nothing can match the items we actually owned as children...

Reaction score
I never purged anything until my 30's. To my horror I found my parents stored a bunch of stuff very poorly so the plastic was too brittle to let my kids play with, and indeed, too obviously weathered to excite any feelings but the pain of loss, when I handled them. Hence I sold most of them to you folks, except stuff that was too big to easily ship which I cashed out at local gaming stores. I just want the things to have good homes now.