What is your latest Kenner acquisition?

Reaction score
Absolutely.
I was only 5 at the time of ROTJ movie release so I seamlessly transitioned into all the TMNT stuff big time. Yes it got weird very quickly but was just due to the franchise not having the "legs" star wars had. So the mad rush if new ideas and wacky figure line just didn't work so well.

I think that a solid action figure line is inevitable again. Trends seem to cycle and although there isn't anything that resembles the old waves there will be eventually.
If pop culture ideas continue to be so short lived a "disposable" in nature then perhaps we won't but I have faith that authenticity will prevail over quick buck once again at some stage.
It has to doesn't it.
And really , on paper, when you crunch long term numbers, it's what really pays and brings the money in. After all , unfortunate as it may be ideas don't run the show like in the 80s - cold hard and short term instant revenue does. Thus the "6 wave" lines you mentioned.

Fingers crossed man 💪

Reaction score
Yeah but that's only for action figures weirdly. Other types of toys have a comprehensive collection and stuff stays on shelves long enough for kids to want it for their birthday. Instead of the mantra of action figures which seems to be labeling everything as "New! OOP!". Anyways my latest acquisition was an unreleased Micro Collection 21B. Shared it on another thread already. And it hasn't arrived in the mail yet!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up a dusty vintage Star Destroyer Playset for $20. Missing the hologram, trap door, landing gear/handle, I think some of the connective bits for the turbolaser. But it cleaned up well and will make a nice display piece.

I'm fickle so my collection tends to cycle a lot, but this is one piece I've somehow managed to never own before now.

Reaction score
I just BIN this guy. They called him SquidHead in the listing so who know's what I'll actually get in the mail! $42 after tax and shipping.

Reaction score
Yeah. If I ever get back into Kenner MOCs, Logray is one of only like 5 I would even consider.

Reaction score
I got a big Micro Collection lot. Two fairly nice complete 6 figure playsets with decent boxes, a snowspeeder (no figs), and a set of mail in promo figs. $140 shipped.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Yesterday I went to a terrific Comics/collectibles store that I've never been to, and found they sold several vintage loose items. The owner even has a plastic bin with spare parts from which he reconstructs vehicles and playsets that he acquires. I bought a couple TESB mini-rigs with all decals/parts still intact (CAP-2 and MTV-7), and a 1980 Vader figure case (no decals). I almost bought an Escape pod with decals; maybe next time!

Reaction score
At that antique mall, I got a Twin Pod Cloud Car for $12.50 complete. LOL well, not like there is much to loose. Landing gear, cockpit covers and glass.. Great shape & stickers are perfect.

Reaction score
Bought some "junk" figures and restored them to displayability. Soap & water can go a long way, and touchup paint works wonders if you can match the colors. Little Snaggletooth will have to be replaced eventually though, he looks much better restored, but an animal got ahold of him at some point! If anyone has an extra coat / belt for Zuckuss (4-LOM) for sale, LMK! ;)

View media item 398226
View media item 398225

Reaction score
Those look very familiar...
You can still recognize them without the battle damage? hehe What's the backstory on these guys? Nien looks like he camped out in the sandbox, 2-1B was tossed in the river, and poor Snaggletooth had a go with the family pet! :p I think I managed to clean them up pretty decently though, they can no longer be classified as junk. ;)

Reaction score
You can still recognize them without the battle damage? hehe What's the backstory on these guys? Nien looks like he camped out in the sandbox, 2-1B was tossed in the river, and poor Snaggletooth had a go with the family pet! :p I think I managed to clean them up pretty decently though, they can no longer be classified as junk. ;)
They are all late 80's or early 90's yard sale finds. We had a pretty solid collection by 1986 when the line ended, but then supplemented it with more! The only one that could (in fact fact probably was) ours prior to 1986 was 4-LOM

Reaction score
I love those little pewter guys! I especially love the “pile of parts” C-3PO. Any figure that depicts such a specific scene is kind of funny to me. Consider the play scenarios involving a pile of parts, or the “Demise of Grievous”; how often will that even come up? I love stuff like that!
1595525217583.jpeg
1595530891132.jpeg

Reaction score
@Tulgah the playset he was supposed to be packaged with, came with a working conveyor belt to move him towards the smelter like in ESB. It would've also come with an ugnaught that was keeping one of 3PO's shins away from Chewie. It's a shame it didn't actually wind up going to retailers, it really wouldn've helpd flesh out Bespin World, what with the ugnaught and 2 wing guards.

Reaction score
the “Demise of Grievous”; how often will that even come up?
It's almost as if they are making any and all possible variations on characters, just to get collectors to buy them. But that's just crazy talk, that could never really happen.

Reaction score
I love it! It’s so true. Some stuff is fun to play with, and other stuff just fun to have, even though ridiculous. That little conveyor belt scene would be really fun either way.

Reaction score
With the two “Retro” games bringing some attention back to those types of products, I’ve recently been trying to buy some loose game pieces for my old Sarlaac set. I came across these guys and am on my way! They aren’t in the best shape, but the price was right!
1596544705350.jpeg

Reaction score
I was wondering. They definitely seem okay. Boba is TERRIBLY painted. I do strongly approve of Jabba and the G Guards.

Reaction score
A comic shop had several shrink wrapped copies for cheap a couple years back. I am still kicking myself for not buying one to open and play.

Reaction score
Got a new unreleased Micro figure today from the great people at Toy & Comic Book Heaven in Willow Grove, PA. I recommend you visit the store if you've never been. I drove 5 hours each way and it was worth the trip just to look at the shop, they have so many cool things on display there. It's one of those shops that practically doubles as a Kenner museum. This Bespin guy makes 5 of 10! I'm hoping to secure an Ugnaught and FX-7 (no arms) as those seem like realistic goals. I don't actually have any leads on them yet. The Ugnaught's actually my favorite unreleased figure, and today I also picked up a duplicate of the Chewie seen here, from James at Toy & Comic Heaven, as a future trade item for an Ugnaught or something.

Reaction score
Logray. Just need the the Chief to round out my Ewok collection. Never had Romba because I was on to GI Joe when potf came out and I dont particularly like his colors anyway. As soon as Beggars Canyon gets their act together they will all be presented on repro cards along with all my other loose figs from when I was a kid.

Will post pics as soon as the server is working...

Attachments

Reaction score
Most recent Kenner vintage purchase that I've actually received: a really nice, loose A-Wing Pilot. No weapon or coin, but the figure itself is absolutely perfect.

Most recent Kenner vintage purchase that I'm still waiting on in the mail: a 48-back, ESB-carded TIE Fighter Pilot with the 'Revenge of the Jedi' Admiral Ackbar offer sticker.

Reaction score
Got some bagged figs I plan in recarding on repro cards. Anyone want video of the sacrilege of opening the baggies?? :)
If it's a heat-sealed baggie, then opening one would probably be the same as opening a carded figure. However, if they are just taped shut, then they are practically opened already.

However, I'm not one to lecture people on what they should do with their own property, so open whatever you want.

Reaction score
My plan was to carefully open them, recard the figures, and place in a figure shield clamshell. Between the back of the card and the back of the clamshell I will keep the baggie and possibly a post-it note describing the figure and the reproduction card in case these last longer than I do. Then there is no confusion or misrepresentation of what it is if my family decide to sell them.

I just don't think the bagged figures display well and they deserve to be seen.

Reaction score
My plan was to carefully open them, recard the figures, and place in a figure shield clamshell. Between the back of the card and the back of the clamshell I will keep the baggie and possibly a post-it note describing the figure and the reproduction card in case these last longer than I do. Then there is no confusion or misrepresentation of what it is if my family decide to sell them.

I just don't think the bagged figures display well and they deserve to be seen.
As a Micro guy I love bagged figures!