What is your latest Kenner acquisition?

Reaction score
No way...came from a huge collection, all NM and nothing messed with, original owner. And note, as I said, unpainted portion. And sonic weld is untouched.

Reaction score
I’ve been restoring a lot of times in my original collection and today I received what I thought was to be 2 legs for the droid factory R2. I misread the eBay description and although it had a picture of two legs, the description said R2-D2 leg x1. Yeah, it’s very deceiving but reading is fundamental. If there are any scummer sour there that have some spare droid factory parts they are willing to get rid of pm me.

Reaction score
Purchased from the forum, this sweet Pop-Up R2-D2 was delivered today and he's already feeling right at home (Thanks Brad!) Just need an A-Wing Pilot to complete my collection!
JeffDSC06573.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I recently started collecting loose favorites in good condition w/ weapons, so I picked up Small Head Han, Leia, Chewy, Stormtrooper, At-At Driver, Hoth Trooper, & Royal Guard.

Did anyone else see that Carded Lili Ledi Boba Fett sell for $10,400 on Saturday? Wow, I wish I could afford that.

Reaction score
I recently picked up the Kenner Imperial Dignitary, a figure I've been hunting for years, but finding one at a decent price in good condition has been a task. This is probably my last Kenner purchase for awhile - maybe when Summer arrives, I'll browse a flea market, if those still exist in the current social atmosphere. Its far more fun to stumble onto something than stalking it on ebay! Here is a shot of the dignitary alongside the modern Hasbro figures and a couple customs to wrap up my inner circle of advisors!

View media item 397430

Reaction score
Junk lots of Micro Collection parts and spares for my customs. That's what I am into these days.

My latest aquisitions were a Han Hoth and Luke Bespin both in poor condition so they blend in with my original figures .
And you can buy MOC ones at Wal Mart now!

Reaction score

This is most recent purchase. Waiting on its arrival to determine if those are repros. Only photo there was.

Reaction score
You can tell by the color (mustard yellow) and the guard on the hilt. It's too round. It's one of the early repro sabers from the 90s. I would assume that the blaster probably is too. Luke's blaster was blue/black.

Reaction score
Update. My latest Kenner acquisition is the unproduced Chewbacca from the Micro Collection Bespin Torture chamber.

Reaction score
You can tell by the color (mustard yellow) and the guard on the hilt. It's too round. It's one of the early repro sabers from the 90s. I would assume that the blaster probably is too. Luke's blaster was blue/black.
Received the items yesterday, they were both repros, blaster was hard plastic. No big deal, he said they were legit and he didn't buy repros. I returned balding Luke and his black market weapons. The seller probably lost $10 because of paying for shipping back and forth, the Luke isn't even worth that much.

Reaction score
Received the items yesterday, they were both repros, blaster was hard plastic. No big deal, he said they were legit and he didn't buy repros. I returned balding Luke and his black market weapons. The seller probably lost $10 because of paying for shipping back and forth, the Luke isn't even worth that much.
Sorry man. It sucks when you end up not getting what you were hoping for. I saw some nice condition Lukes on eBay recently w/ original weapons.

Reaction score
That's a shame. The seller may have been legitimately ignorant of the repros though. As for me I will stick with inexpensive Retro Luke. Seems like you only bought him for the accessories if the figure was that beat up?

Reaction score
That's a shame. The seller may have been legitimately ignorant of the repros though. As for me I will stick with inexpensive Retro Luke. Seems like you only bought him for the accessories if the figure was that beat up?
Yes I already have a complete one and have another that needs a saber. I'm always looking for good deals on weapons and accessories. It was a swing and a miss, hopefully the seller learned a lesson too.

Reaction score
Just got an unreleased Micro Collection chewie. I don't think they're all that rare but I'm excited about it. Pictured next to random spare Bespin figs just because.

Reaction score
Jumped on board with Micro last year. Bought a sealed pack of army builders and a lot with Wampa cave plus extra army builders last year. Ive been waiting for a deal on a lot to come along and I just received this in the mail today.

Just missing figures.
My son wanted to play 20200627_161335.jpg20200627_161351.jpg20200627_161405.jpg20200627_161409.jpg20200627_161414.jpg

Reaction score
Just arrived.

Now I officially have doubles, lol. Looks like I'm missing some rebel soldiers and a couple of snowtrooper.

Reaction score
My latest TRUE vintage Kenner item is a ANH Tie Fighter (white plastic) from a local antiques mall. Only $18 Had to do some cleaning up of it and still have to buy a few screws. It was missing a few. In all these years, I've never owned a white plastic version of that mold.

I have bought some of the Retro Kenner figures since then but they aren't 40+ years old. LOL

Reaction score
Actually his ESB Blaster should be straight blue if I am correct.

Reaction score
Looks even better than my one from Wally World! I am starting to come around on the dumb "Retro!" sticker since so many of these had big stickers slapped across the character art anyways!
Totally agree on the retro logo. Also what's cool about them is when the edges are a bit beaten up they really look the part.
I'm a fan

Reaction score
Totally agree on the retro logo. Also what's cool about them is when the edges are a bit beaten up they really look the part.
I'm a fan
Near our town there was a legendary doctor who liked Star Wars. He bought 3 of everything. One for his son, one for his daughter, one to save sealed. I am thinking of going that route with the Retro series.

Reaction score
Smart guy, not just cause he was a doctor.

It's funny you know cause I think about what it would have been like walking into a toy store somewhere around 79 or 1980 with all the figures in rows on the wall. All the options.
Figure selection being like it is now only the old real deal.
Rows and rows of stormtroopers left only one or 2 Darth Vaders or Boba's on nearly empty row.

And then I wake out if my fantasy and realise the same thing is still happening with these retro lines.

Moral to the story is we are just looping history.
With the franchise as strong as it is and with the projected growth of the next phase in all things star wars it's highly likely some of our kids will wish they were our age now and able to walk in and buy those "Retro release" figures but instead they are trading at $300 a piece .

I say grab em and box em. All the way 😃

Reaction score
I can't figure out what will seem nostalgic the way this stuf does to us. Nothing is marketed the way stuff was in the 80's. My kids just don't have the experience of pawing through racks of dozens of different figures. When I was little I dug through hanger pegs looking to finish the set of 70+ figures I saw on the backs of ROTJ (and later, POTF) cards. Now we get waves of 6 and no sense of what a complete collection even means.

TMNT was largely the last of this sort of thing. My little brother was into that and it got real weird real fast. Then you had Kenner making a million Batman costume variants but no villains or supporting cast, and the same thing with umpteen different version of Arnold Terminators... Action figures never hit a stride again like they had when Star Wars, He-Man, GI Joe, and countless imitators crammed store shelves in the first 3/4 of so of the 1980's. The Real Ghostbusters wasn't much better, and does anyone else remember the Police Academy and Beetlejuice action figures? It was like my first experience with thinking kids these days are lost, but I was only like 10ish.

Papo/Schliech/Safari hard figs, and Playmobil & LEGO, seem to have taken over the actual toyetic ambitions of kids now. Plus the old staples of cars & dolls.