What is your latest Kenner acquisition?

Reaction score
Picked up another Kenner alien, this time Walrus Man. He's a very common figure to track down, but finding him without paint loss, especially on the tusks can be a difficult task. Most of the samples I've seen at $10 or below have had paint rubs on the eyes, tusks, and feet - I found one that didn't have any for $7. I've noticed that this is an HK version, which has almost a peach tone on the tusks. I've seen others that are more yellow / dirty white - was there a variation?

By the way, I love that this Kenner outfit was later retconned onto the Clone Wars series, making it official outside of the Kenner production.

Reaction score
^ After reading your post, darth_sidious; I was compelled to go investigate my Walrus Man. Mine too has the peach/flesh painted tusks. Also has a HK COO as well.

Reaction score
Picked up another Kenner alien, this time Walrus Man. He's a very common figure to track down, but finding him without paint loss, especially on the tusks can be a difficult task. Most of the samples I've seen at $10 or below have had paint rubs on the eyes, tusks, and feet - I found one that didn't have any for $7. I've noticed that this is an HK version, which has almost a peach tone on the tusks. I've seen others that are more yellow / dirty white - was there a variation?

By the way, I love that this Kenner outfit was later retconned onto the Clone Wars series, making it official outside of the Kenner production.

From what I've read in the past the HK version is typically light tan/whitish, same as the PBP. The Trilogo typically is a peach color.

Reaction score
There always has been something slightly...off-putting about the Walrus Man’s facial sculpt, and zooming in on the pic hasn’t clarified for me which of the three is the worst offender. Even so, he is a classic alien action figure, and finding one without any paint loss is a great score, Sidious.

Reaction score
From what I've read in the past the HK version is typically light tan/whitish, same as the PBP. The Trilogo typically is a peach color.

That's interesting to know, I wasn't up on Walrus Man paint variants, though I've seen others in the wild with that tan color or dirty white / yellow coloring. Mines peach colored and has the larger pupils as seen in the Trilogo figure, its indeed marked HK 78. I don't personally check the copyright markings before making a purchase, I tend to focus on the deco. I'm really liking the figure, and I'm happy the colors are still brilliant 40 years later!

Reaction score
The variations are commonly referred to as white or pink tusks. Pink tusk can be found outside of Trilogo versions as well.

Reaction score
Just started a loose collection (what an idiot!). I started with potf2, as I was about 4/5 years to young to catch the originals.

Latest purchase winging its way to me is a Taiwan Boba Fett, with blaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Got a vintage sandcrawler today at a vintage store. No remote but for 75 bucks i couldn't pass.

Reaction score
Got a vintage sandcrawler today at a vintage store. No remote but for 75 bucks i couldn't pass.
That's a great deal. Complete without remote go past 300 easy. Keep an eye out on ebay for the remotes , they show up from time to time . Usually average around 100.

Reaction score
Most recent purchase arrived today. A complete Ben Kenobi, complete Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Slave 1 Han Carbonite, a Max Rebo and a few weapons. Facebook deal for $75. I think the two complete figures and the three extra sabers I got were pretty much worth that alone.

Reaction score
Most recent Kenner acquisitions would have been at SWCC - picked up three MOCs - PotF Chewie, 20a Jawa, and 31b Bespin Leia.

Reaction score
Add to my micro collection by adding a snowtrooper w/ tripod and a Han on Tauntaun. The loose micros look great intermingled in my 3 3/4" display in small groupings. Love, love, love them.

Reaction score
Most recent Kenner acquisitions would have been at SWCC - picked up three MOCs - PotF Chewie, 20a Jawa, and 31b Bespin Leia.
Wow, nice finds! That Jawa is a really awesome and inspiring fig!

Reaction score
I've been on the hunt for a hollow tube Tusken. Haven't found one yet, but I did pick up a nice, complete long eye tube version for a pretty reasonable price.

In the process, a complete Y-Wing with a nice R5 may have also followed me home. These things happen sometimes...

Reaction score
Wow, nice finds! That Jawa is a really awesome and inspiring fig!
Thanks! Jawas have been a favorite of mine for a very long time. Was thrilled to add a MOC, and an early one, to the collection.

Reaction score
That is definitely a high-end piece. I’m still a sucker for the early stuff, even if certain later stuff is sometimes harder to find MOC. It’s funny how some people kept those initial 1978 figs on card.

Reaction score
That's something I'd always wondered myself is how so many of these MOCs managed to survive the days when these were retail.

Reaction score
Because there were millions. The law of averages. There were many other factors that helped beside collectors saving them. I have heard many different stories ranging from forgotten hidden gift found 30 years later all the way to moms holding on to duplicates in case their kid lost it. Theres a documentary in there. As a matter of fact there was an old drug store by me that sold toys at christmas. The in the early 80s the owner died and the store was closed for years. Two brothers bought it in the 90s and turned it into a convenience store. When they opened and mind you this was pre internet, they had found old stock in the basement and put it out for sale. I specifically remember pegs full of empire figures, Mego Chips and Dukes of Hazard. Boxed Krushers and suckermans too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Because there were millions. The law of averages. There were many other factors that helped beside collectors saving them. I have heard many different stories ranging from forgotten hidden gift found 30 years later all the way to moms holding on to duplicates in case their kid lost it. Theres a documentary in there. As a matter of fact there was an old drug store by me that sold toys at christmas. The in the early 80s the owner died and the store was closed for years. Two brothers bought it in the 90s and turned it into a convenience store. When they opened and mind you this was pre internet, they had found old stock in the basement and put it out for sale. I specifically remember pegs full of empire figures, Mego Chips and Dukes of Hazard. Boxed Krushers and suckermans too.
I’ve always dreamed of buying a shop that’s been open for decades and receiving old warehouse stock from the 60s and 70s. It’d be like Aladdin’s cave.

Reaction score
That is an absolutely amazing story. In the year 1999, I saw an original “Starting Lineup” baseball figure from 1987 on the pegs at a Fred’s Department Store. Who knows why. But now, so deep into the Internet era, I’m sure it’s impossible for something like that to happen. Now, getting a MOC 12-back basically depends mostly on what another collector is willing to sell. I’m sure that there are a few undiscovered attic finds out there, but they’ve got to be running out!

And I’d watch that documentary for sure!

Reaction score
I went into an antique mall today and found a figure I've wanted forever: flesh plastic/painted hair Jedi Luke. It was only $12.

Here's the part where everyone is going to hate me. I bought an extra Poncho Luke at a thrift shop several years ago for only $5 (no accessories). I've had it all this time with the intention of slapping a flesh plastic/painted hair Jedi Luke head on it. The rare Jedi Luke I just bought had hardly any paint on his left hand and there were some scuffs in the hair. So I felt zero guilt about slapping that head onto the Poncho Luke body. I finally have the Death Star II Luke Skywalker figure I've always wanted. With what I spent on the figures, it was totally worth it. But given the actual value of those figures, I can imagine that some might cringe at the idea of what I did.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I went into an antique mall today and found a figure I've wanted forever: flesh plastic/painted hair Jedi Luke. It was only $12.

Here's the part where everyone is going to hate me. I bought an extra Poncho Luke at a thrift shop several years ago for only $5 (no accessories). I've had it all this time with the intention of slapping a flesh plastic/painted hair Jedi Luke head on it. The rare Jedi Luke I just bought had hardly any paint on his left hand and there were some scuffs in the hair. So I felt zero guilt about slapping that head onto the Poncho Luke body. I finally have the Death Star II Luke Skywalker figure I've always wanted. With what I spent on the figures, it was totally worth it. But given the actual value of those figures, I can imagine that some might cringe at the idea of what I did.

I don't hate you for that. I think that's a cool move. You can get into the whole "destroying originals is the devil" conversation, but if it's a beater figure I have no quarrel with doing some customizing and head swapping. Post a pic if you get a chance. That molded face jedi luke has one of the better face molds for a vintage luke.

Reaction score
Once you make a purchase, they belong to you, and customizing them is certainly legal, lol. Never let another collector convince you otherwise - these are action figures not priceless artifacts. I'm curious to see the custom as well, as its an obvious figure Kenner should have kitbashed themselves. Its certainly a good idea when you have extra beaters! Perhaps Hasbro will put one together in the Retro line, completing a critical figure that should have been done in the 80s.

Reaction score
Yup i totally hate you for it. Because you haven't posted a pic....lol. I do customs all the time and was going to do a duel luke with a spare Endor one... But at the time i had huge holes in my collection so i sold him. Regretting that. I do customs all the time and more people love than hate.

Reaction score

Awesome. Sounds like a nice, easy custom to get a Death Star II Luke. Just curious, though, why were you stuck on the molded face with painted hair? Just to avoid any issues with nose rub?

Reaction score
Awesome. Sounds like a nice, easy custom to get a Death Star II Luke. Just curious, though, why were you stuck on the molded face with painted hair? Just to avoid any issues with nose rub?
Aesthetically, I think the flesh plastic/painted hair Jedi Luke head looks better than the more common yellow plastic/painted face head. But since I had a painted face/snap cape/blue saber Luke as a kid, that's how I think of Jedi Luke. Making a Death Star II Luke gives me a different way to appreciate the flesh plastic/painted hair head and the green saber.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Aesthetically, I think the flesh plastic/painted hair Jedi Luke head looks better than the more common yellow plastic/painted face head. But since I had a painted face/snap cape/blue saber Luke as a kid, that's how I think of Jedi Luke. Making a Death Star II Luke gives me a different way to appreciate the flesh plastic/painted hair head and the green saber.
actually bought a loose endor luke today on the cheap. you inspired me to finally make a jedi duel Luke too :)

Reaction score
actually bought a loose endor luke today on the cheap. you inspired me to finally make a jedi duel Luke too :)
Cool. It's a super duper easy custom. Swap the head, give him a green saber, done. If you go with the painted face Luke head, you're going to have to go with the "flesh" face version. That version is slightly pinkish and is a better match for the paint on the left hand of Endor Luke that is also pinkish. The "pale" face won't match the paint on the hand at all.

Reaction score
I love customs more than just about anything in the world. I might cringe, but it’s your right.

Btw, that is a great 12-figure stand! Nice find!

Reaction score
Thanks, I got a really good deal on it. I have another 1 without the back drop. Can't really have a mailer collection without a center piece. ;)

Reaction score
Less than 150 and I can sell my other one without the backdrop.

I offered a bag of cool ranch chips but no dice. Upped it with some cheese dip, still no.

Reaction score
I went on vacation last week and before I left I had a delivery show up about 20 minutes prior to me hitting the road. It was tough, but it would have to wait a week until I returned. While I was beach side with a beer in one hand, my other hand got away on me and got into an ebay bender. When I got home I had even more boxes waiting on me. Hahaha. The wife just sighed as I took a few trips to unload them in my Wampa Cave. I'll try to get some pictures up, but here's what I came home to:

1) MIB ROTJ AT-AT - Virtually unplayed with and only missing one of the two cardboard inserts (the bottom one). Instructions included. Box is in immaculate condition.

2) Complete Y-Wing with all the stickers. Working. Clean, clean, clean. I'm talking the cleanest I've seen in my 20+ years of collecting

3) Complete Cloud Car (always wanted a nice one for the collection and somehow just never got around to it)

4) MIB Dagobah Playset - Complete, other than one levetating box. It also came with instructions and a super nice box

5) NM Loose Farmboy Luke - I've been meaning to upgrade mine for sometime and that sometime seemed appropriate when I was in between drinks.

6) MIB Micro Escape From Death Star - In white mailer box, with inserts, and figures in baggie. Just a really nice piece.

7) AT-AT Commander w/ Cardback - Really just wanted the cardback because it's my favorite and it had an offer on it that I don't have

8) B-Wing Pilot w/ Cardback - Again, just after the cardback.

9) Over 120+ cut out POP's - Tons of neat ones. Just about every creature, mini rig, vehicle, and accessory imaginable including the Imperial Shuttle. There were also some cool ones like the Laser Pistol, Force Light Saber, carrying cases (rifle and 3PO), Nippet the Ewok, Wiley the Ewok, and even a Coloring Book POP. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but I don't see that big of POP collections come up often and I couldn't pass it up.

I may have spent my summer budget just about on these guys. Still have some cushion in case something special comes up. Though now I'm waiting until November when ICCC hits in Nashville, TN for my next big purchases. Hoping to add a few last 17 and some other pieces there.