What is your latest Kenner acquisition?

Reaction score
That's a cool little Dengar focus there. It's a figure that I really didn't like as a kid, but I have really grown to like his character as an adult collector (it's kind of the same situation with Bossk). Which variation is the Dengar on the far right of your photo? That's probably one of the best looking paint jobs I've seen for Dengar's face. Mine looks the most like the one on the far left of your photo.

My IG-88 came in the mail yesterday and he towers over all the other figures like he should (I don't know why the modern versions of IG-88 are always so tiny); so, all seems right with the world again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, Hasbro acquired Kenner in 1991 but didn't drop the Kenner logo until about 1998 or 1999; but that doesn't make POTF2 vintage.

Anyways, my most recent acquisition is a really nice loose Boba Fett complete with his blaster.
I think the first line to drop the Kenner Logo was Power of the Jedi? Could be wrong, might have been Episode 1. Totally agree on POTF2 not being vintage. Although it is coming up on 25 years old. Man, how crazy is that?! Nice pick up on the Fett.

Reaction score
I think the first line to drop the Kenner Logo was Power of the Jedi? Could be wrong, might have been Episode 1. Totally agree on POTF2 not being vintage. Although it is coming up on 25 years old. Man, how crazy is that?! Nice pick up on the Fett.
I went ahead and looked it up because I wasn't sure of the exact timing either. Hasbro dropped the Kenner logo with the 1999 POTF2 Episode 1 Flashback wave. So basically the last wave of POTF2 figures just before the release of Ep1.

I've been having a lot of fun rebuilding my vintage Kenner collection, but I'm trying to pace myself so that I have the time to appreciate each new acquisition. Also, to keep from breaking my budget.

Reaction score
My latest is a ROTJ MOC Han Bespin. The bubble is a little yellow and the peg hole is torn but the card back is nice.
Wt

Last edited:
Reaction score
Return 65-back ( 1st photo) Yoda card back. It was on ebay. I had missed out on a few in the last year , but I will say ROTJ action figure packaging has grown on me the last few years. I still like SW packaging the best , Fett offer …. I get the interest / design elements that make POTF1 special , but to me not much beats seeing a Vader 20B with Fett offer package !!

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I posted on the vintage forum. I did some buying and selling on here in the late 2000's.

I took the plunge to get closer to finishing my loose vintage figure collection today and bought one of the two figs I still need. A loose Stormtrooper Luke. The prices have just continued to go up so I figured I better finish up sooner rather than later. I'm a bit nervous about buying these figs on ebay. I hope everything with it is original and I don't end up regretting it. Am I allowed to post links to finished auctions? Maybe someone can tell me if there is anything I should be concerned about. Although, I guess it's too late now. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I posted on the vintage forum. I did some buying and selling on here in the late 2000's.

I took the plunge to get closer to finishing my loose vintage figure collection today and bought one of the two figs I still need. A loose Stormtrooper Luke. The prices have just continued to go up so I figured I better finish up sooner rather than later. I'm a bit nervous about buying these figs on ebay. I hope everything with it is original and I don't end up regretting it. Am I allowed to post links to finished auctions? Maybe someone can tell me if there is anything I should be concerned about. Although, I guess it's too late now. :)
Yeah, you can post completed auctions, just not open auctions. Still would give you peace of mind knowing what you have. Repros are getting a lot more accurate to the originals, unfortunately. Luke can be a real pain getting the proper blaster; even long time collectors and dealers get it wrong at times!

Reaction score
Yeah, you can post completed auctions, just not open auctions. Still would give you peace of mind knowing what you have. Repros are getting a lot more accurate to the originals, unfortunately. Luke can be a real pain getting the proper blaster; even long time collectors and dealers get it wrong at times!
Thanks. Here's the auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Luke-Stormtrooper-POTF-Last-17-1985-Original-Weapon-Star-Wars-Figure/303128189923?hash=item4693d91be3:g:J4cAAOSwfl1ctjEM

The first flag is the fact the seller has zero feedback, but I took the chance anyway. I figured since he had the card with the bubble still partially sealed with the coin and the blaster still taped inside, the rest of the figure was genuine. I suppose he could have taped a non-original blaster inside the bubble but the placement of it looked right on compared to sealed examples I looked up. The helmet has the mold spot on the top that original helmets have according to pics I found on imperialgunnery.

I guess I won't really know until the figure arrives and I can examine the figure in person. The seller has registered a tracking number in the auction so he shipped it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just bought a Yoda Brown Snake without the snake or cane (the little dark green bug-eyed guy is wearing his cloak and belt). I only paid $15!

Reaction score
It's been a while since a vintage SW purchase, but it was a sealed Kenner dip dots set. Couldn't pass.

Before that it was the vintage SW give-a-show projector. It's awesome because you have an added scene (slide) that shows what when on (Han's ambush) when the troopers went up the falcons ramp during the death star rescue scene.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My latest aquisition also happens to be my very first Star Wars figure from decades ago. I found my old R2 in a wooden cigar box amid other boxes at my parents house yesterday. Hadn't seen him since the late 80's, I'd guess.

I remember buying him shortly after the first 12 were released in stores. I was 7 at the time and was with my mom at a K-mart in Athens, TN. The carded figures were all piled in this hexagon shaped, wire bin and they were on "blue light special" for some limited period of time. I could have just one, and I remember agonizing over the decision.

As that blue light flashed and time ran short, I was urged to pick quickly. So, I made my choice: Han and Luke would just have to wait, R2-D2 was coming home. I handed the figure to the elderly woman running the sale who, rather unceremoniously, applied the discount with her price tag gun, handed the figure back to me, and snapped off the revolving blue light. I was beaming, though. The greatness of this moment was clearly lost on her, but I was just thrilled.

Funny how reuniting with this little guy brought all that back. Just part of what makes these toys so special.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up these three at toy store in Sacramento. Got them on a trade. Happy with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Great story, Master Com! Many of us have moments like that, I’m sure! It’s great to hear such things.

On a completely weird note, I just bought 12 Bib Fortuna cloaks for $35. I needed a few to accessorize some custom Mungo Beefhead Tribesmen I purchased, and ended up getting all the guy had.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great story, Master Com! Many of us have moments like that, I’m sure! It’s great to hear such things.

On a completely weird note, I just bought 12 Bib Fortuna cloaks for $35. I needed a few to accessorize some custom Mungo Beefhead Tribesmen I purchased, and ended up getting all the guy had.
Thank you, Tulgah!

And, lol, where did you happen to find 12 Bib Fortuna cloaks? Cause now I have this urge to create my own Mungo Beefhead Tribesmen.

Reaction score
Finally got a Takara wind up R2-D2!!!! Been waiting since 94!
However i had to add the puffy stickers as well. Han looks so horrible it's great!!!!

Reaction score
Gotta love the puffy stickers!

I bought the cloaks from a seller on eBay who only does authentic Kenner accessories. They are generally pretty well priced. I think I’ve purchased an orange snake from him years ago.

Reaction score
Picked up a loose white teeth Lando, wanted both versions. Also been focusing on instructions for my vehicles and playsets.

Reaction score
I’m on a tear recently picking up Droids and Ewoks figures... I just got in Uncle Gundy, Thall Joben, Jord Dusat, Jann Tosh and Kez-Iban.

Reaction score
Got an all original minty at at complete and a dead mint snowspeeder complete for less than the price most stores want for the at at alone. Then stopped at a yard sale and found a complete taun taun with snapped reigns, luke and han hoth a stormtrooper and 2 mini rigs. Also a yoda hand puppet. Quite the day. Never owned a vintage at at im so psyched.

Reaction score
Love the hidden R2 story. Something about a childhood toy that keeps the inner child smiling.

Reaction score
Funny how reuniting with this little guy brought all that back. Just part of what makes these toys so special. [URL="http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/IMG_9373.jpg" said:

AWESOME POST Master Com!!! I had a tear almost drip down! Especially since I sold my vintage toys in the 90's!

Reaction score
I love that someone’s latest acquisition can be something they’ve owned for 35 years!

Reaction score
I recently purchased a non-Star Wars grail I'd been looking for off and on since I was seven; nearly twenty-eight years of sometimes casual and sometimes dedicated searching. Trouble was, it had quite the hefty price and I had a time limit to come up with it; so I ended up selling my minty Imperial Dignitary to help gather the necessary funds faster. I regretted it almost immediately; but found one this morning in condition just as great plus cheaper than the original Dignitary I bought; so I quickly snatched him up to correct my hasty mistake.

Reaction score
I recently purchased a non-Star Wars grail I'd been looking for off and on since I was seven; nearly twenty-eight years of sometimes casual and sometimes dedicated searching. Trouble was, it had quite the hefty price and I had a time limit to come up with it; so I ended up selling my minty Imperial Dignitary to help gather the necessary funds faster. I regretted it almost immediately; but found one this morning in condition just as great plus cheaper than the original Dignitary I bought; so I quickly snatched him up to correct my hasty mistake.
Man, yeah we all have that one, or in my case multiple items, that we wish we would have never sold. I'm sure you're stoked to have your ID back in hand and at a cheaper price at that. Sometimes the world spins the way it does for a reason.

Reaction score
Man, yeah we all have that one, or in my case multiple items, that we wish we would have never sold. I'm sure you're stoked to have your ID back in hand and at a cheaper price at that. Sometimes the world spins the way it does for a reason.
Very true, Wampa. We all do have that one and the world does spin of it's own accord. I'm just glad I could easily and quickly fix my mistake and lay the resulting regret to rest. At any rate; I suppose I'm posting prematurely here; but my next *planned* Kenner purchase is a loose, complete General Madine and Rebel Commando combo. Hair/beard variations of the general don't concern me; but for Madine to be a cheap and easy figure to obtain I've had a surprisingly difficult time locating one with a great face without any rubs/paint loss.

Reaction score
Picked up a near mint HK version of Bib Fortuna - complete with belt and cloak. I was pleasantly surprised there are no paint rubs or deco issues. He is easily one of my favorite ROTJ aliens and action figures from that movie. Best yet, he was only $8. I'm happy to add more vintage Kenner to my collection, when I can get them at a reasonable price. For under $10, I'll be aiming to add some more Kenner figures to my collection that I once owned as a kid. I think the Hasbro Retro collection is helping motivate me to track certain figures down, so long as they fall under their pricepoint for replicas.

Reaction score
That figure has always been a favorite. Finding ones in good condition proved hard.

Reaction score
Just purchased a Loose, Complete (minus the Coin) Amanaman. He'll be the fourth Last 17 in my collection; making my quest a Last 13 now, lol.

Reaction score
He’s a great one! It’s a baker’s dozen now for you!

Reaction score
I picked up a couple vintage ships for a decent price at the local convention this weekend. Prices are so much more reasonable than Celebration! I got a pretty nice landspeeder for $15, with the stickers stuck to the hood, and an almost pristine Rebel Transport for $50, which was only missing the escape hatch. I really wanted that transport for a while now since they never made/remade that in the modern line (nor will they ever).

I took the landspeeder apart when I got home and cleaned it up. I managed to remove the stickers and was able to salvage two of them, putting them in their proper places. I'm going to have to find a replacement for the other two.

Reaction score
He’s a great one! It’s a baker’s dozen now for you!
Thanks, Tulgah! I've never seen the Amanaman figure in person; so it'll be "brand new" to me! And yep, a baker's dozen indeed; both an exciting and frightening prospect; with figures like Stormtrooper Luke and Yak Face still on the list! Eh, I guess there's always next year's tax check; lol!

Reaction score
Just bought a Klaatu (Skiff Guard). Figure looks great; weapon is genuine. For $20 shipped; I figure I did alright; considering what the weapon alone can go for.