What is your collecting focus L.I.?

Reaction score
I saw a similar thread started in the GG forum and thought it was cool, curious to see what my fellow Long Islanders are into. What is everyones collection focus? Which companies, movies, shows, comics, characters, busts, statues, maquettes, etc.

What I'm collecting:

Star Wars
- Hasbro Clone Wars & Titaniums (when these 2 lines end, I'm done w/Hasbro SW)
- Gentle Giant Animated Maquettes (on the fence w/the new CW maqs, might go with the Kotos and stick to GG OT & PT only)
- Medicom SD VCD line (minus repaints), can't wait for Darth Maul

Transformers:
- Animated (selective)
- Universe Classics 2.0 (very selective, just redone G1 characters)
- Robot Heroes (G1 up to the G1 movie)

NECA: TMNT

Robotech/Macross:
- Toynami 1/100 line and the upcoming MPC Beta fighters
- Yamato new 1/60 v2.0 line (maybe, they are pricey)

I'm getting stretched thin man, hahaha... too much cool sh*t coming out this fall which is forcing me to be selective even with what I'm definitely collecting.

Reaction score
I'm strictly Hasbro 3 3/4" figs with a few vehicles sprinkled in. I'll be collecting both CW and TLC figs. I'd love the BMF but already have 3 Falcons and no more room....
By the way, it was good to see you again at MM! It was a good time.

Reaction score
-star wars (mostly only buy figures never made before)
-MOTU
-gi joe (favorites only)
-friday the 13th/horror figures
-some classic wwf
-sportspicks

Reaction score
Re-focusing.

Selling Star Wars, SpiderMan, Batman, Spawn, Wildcats, Aliens, Predator, GiJoe's, MOTU, Comics, Cards, anything and everything. Had enough.

Keeping my Jedi, and my model kits.

Reaction score
hansloroll said:
Re-focusing.

Selling Star Wars, SpiderMan, Batman, Spawn, Wildcats, Aliens, Predator, GiJoe's, MOTU, Comics, Cards, anything and everything. Had enough.

me too......Im selling it ALL!

PS, Hey Doubledown, you narrowed your collection down to just action figures? Im so proud of you, before it was "TOYS".

Reaction score
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
hansloroll said:
Re-focusing.

PS, Hey Doubledown, you narrowed your collection down to just action figures? Im so proud of you, before it was "TOYS".
SDR, are you really "getting out"???
and yes, I've narrowed my focus, its much more manageable now

Reaction score
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
hansloroll said:
Re-focusing.

I was going to "get out" but I realized you would just pull me back in.

Reaction score
I used to collect anything and everything but ran out of room. Now I just can't bring all that stuff with me across country. Simple math. Probably going to be selling a large chunk of it to Amok.

I doubt that the vintage will be part of that sale but we have to see what he comes up with.

Reaction score
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
hansloroll said:
Re-focusing.

so true, in fact, GMAC & I were having a strategy meeting yesterday about just that...

Reaction score
hansloroll said:
I used to collect anything and everything but ran out of room. Now I just can't bring all that stuff with me across country. Simple math. Probably going to be selling a large chunk of it to Amok.

I doubt that the vintage will be part of that sale but we have to see what he comes up with.
good luck man, where ru moving to?

Reaction score
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
hansloroll said:
Re-focusing.

so true, in fact, GMAC & I were having a strategy meeting yesterday about just that...
fine. leave me out of this meeting. just remember, the next time you need someone's legs broken or car torched, dont come to me asking for favors!

Reaction score
Plain & Simple - I collect carded action figures, 99.9% Star Wars. Occasionally I will but multi-packs if I feel like that figure won't hit a card later on. Why so limited? Because I get them autographed. I have over 100 autographed figures, with all but 2 being Star Wars (the other 2 are Farscape).

Reaction score
Very cool D_Lynch. I only have 2 figures signed. I will probably get more when the opportunity comes. I have a lot of 8x10s too. I try to get everything personalized so it's gotta be in person unless its an OfficialPix type thing. Its cool to meet everyone.

Reaction score
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
hansloroll said:
Re-focusing.

Strategy?? You guys dont need much of a strategy, "hey Keith do you want to buy this?"...........oh...Okay!

Reaction score
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
hansloroll said:
Re-focusing.

Strategy?? You guys dont need much of a strategy, "hey Keith do you want to buy this?"...........oh...Okay!
evidentally not, I saw a tripwire comic pack hanging on the pegs of levittown target today. GMAC, if your reading, we need a new strategy!! LOL

Reaction score
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
hansloroll said:
Re-focusing.

evidentally not, I saw a tripwire comic pack hanging on the pegs of levittown target today. GMAC, if your reading, we need a new strategy!! LOL
Yeah, thanks for that! I wasted an hour of my life walking around Target debating if I should buy it or not. Willpower baby, willpower!!!

Reaction score
he's actually following my strategy, only buy the stuff you like. he falls off the wagon sometimes but never any major damage done.