What is the rarest figure you own?

Reaction score
Hard to say. Some say most figures aren't rare, just not as common to find.

Hollow cheek tusken
Red bar R5
VC jawa

Reaction score
Is Yak rare or just expensive? I have a Yak as well.
The question is : "What is the rarest figure you own?"
For me, I'm pretty sure it's Yak Face loose ( Blue Snag isn't as difficult) . I don't get into all the variations , foreign , bootleg, etc. I should have picked up a DT Luke /VC Jawa years ago .... now prices are way...way too high.

Reaction score
I haven't been keeping up with the market so I'm not sure which of my figures is the rarest. I'm guessing one of the following but I don't know which is the rarest: Stormtrooper Luke, Endor Luke, Carbonite Han, Blue Snaggletooth, Jedi Luke with flesh plastic head/painted hair.

Reaction score
Guess mine would have to be the brown haired Luke and the brown haired Leia both with original weapons. Although my carded or boxed diecast ships are very hard to find.

Reaction score
I too remember the day I purchased a jawa for some odd reason. It really stood out as a cool figure. Mine was the clothes version.

Reaction score
Guess mine would have to be the brown haired Luke and the brown haired Leia both with original weapons. Although my carded or boxed diecast ships are very hard to find.
Can you share a photo of brown hair Leia please.. I've never seen one

Edit
My curiosity peeked. I was imagining a true brown color on 77 Liea . I Googled one and its not what I imagined. If it wasn't for the AFA label saying brown hair, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I did see brown hair on other Liea figs. Is there a true brown 77?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can you share a photo of brown hair Leia please.. I've never seen one

Edit
My curiosity peeked. I was imagining a true brown color on 77 Liea . I Googled one and its not what I imagined. If it wasn't for the AFA label saying brown hair, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I did see brown hair on other Liea figs. Is there a true brown 77?
You be the judge. It is definitely brown and the belt is brown also. Hard to see in this artificial lighting using my phone but here are 3 pics. In the 1st pic she is on the bottom. The second and 3rd pic she is on the left.Tomorrow in natural light I will try to post better pics. As far as is it a 77 Leia, all I can say is both figures show the same 1977 and Hong Kong markings. I did notice the markings on the brown hair to be larger. I am still learning a lot about the star wars figures.And thanks to this site I have learned quite a lot.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
One of the more unique in my collection is the C1-P8 (not mine in the picture, but mine is exactly the same condition and all). It's not particularly rare or expensive, but it's a fun talking point :)
1618235101552.png

If you were talking about truly rare as in difficult to get in a store, then anything new that comes out in TVC 🤪
(Yes I know it's not that difficult to get online... sheesh)

Lex

Reaction score
Mine are Model Trem IG-88 and Vader with boxes. Not sure what they are going for these days but they're cool.

Reaction score
Rarest figure I own? I dunno. I have a modest collection of guys that are reasonably rare though. 5 of the unreleased Micros (bare metal), a gold test paint stormtrooper, a chrome test paint Han Solo on Tauntaun. And two variants of the proto-Luke that they used internally for the early mock ups and stuff. Since he was the first "true" Micro Collection figure I call those Lukes "Micro-Magnon Man".

Reaction score
Not sure what the rarest items are but probably some of the last 17 I have or my YPS Hoth Stromtrooper

Reaction score
these are all very nice but there are much rarer things out there. Once you start talking about pre-production items which are only a handful of known examples for each thing or one of a kind items like photo samples or personal items from people involved with the making of the movie and/or toys, it's a whole different ballgame. Like "this is X's personal copy of Y".

I probably have some of the nicest condition figures/ MOC 12 backs. Does that count? If I have one of the 10 best condition known examples of a common figure does that count? I don't know.

There is a lot more to collecting than just trying to get the whole run of vintage figures. Each person can choose which facets of collecting they care about or want to focus on. That's the beauty of collecting.