What is the best method to reattach vintage stickers?

Kenner76

Grand Moff
Reaction score
What’s the best method to reattach vintage stickers that have dried out and fallen off? I don’t want my tie fighter to discolor over time as a result of stickers being reattached. Thanks for your thoughts.

Lobotscomb

High Admiral
Reaction score
I use mod podge. It works well. Just avoid the glossy version. It droes completely clear lit os used in decopage designs ive used it on ties x wings falcon and at at. I swear by ot.

comicalUser

Admiral
Reaction score
They make archival glue sticks which cost a bit more, or even plain old Scotch glue sticks are acid-free.

bigbarada

Emperor
Reaction score
I just use plain Elmer's School Glue. It's completely non-toxic, because it's made for kindergartners and is practically edible, and it dries clear.

Kenner76

Grand Moff
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the advice! I think I'm going to go the glue stick route. :)

Jawajawa827

Lieutenant Commander
Reaction score
I use this on all my stickers its an Elmer's disappearing purple glue stick. Its looks a little weird when you apply it but it dries clear and holds really great. It also doesn't leak through the stickers and I have yet to have any bubble or warp on me.
Heres a link to what it looks like, I think you can find them cheaper if you search around a bit.
Hope this helps :)
https://www.amazon.com/Elmers-Disap...ocphy=9021649&hvtargid=pla-414999675997&psc=1

cichlidjedi

Vice Admiral
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the info! I glued one end from one of my droid factory R2's!