What happened after the separatists leaders were killed?

Reaction score
The separatists were more than just their leadership (the Trade Federation, Banking Clan, and others). After the separatists leaders were killed, what happened to the thousands of systems that comprised the Separatist Confederacy? They had a government (a parlament) and all, as shown in the Clone Wars. Did all those systems end up becoming part of the Empire?

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
Probably over time.
I think they were all killed to protect Sidious' involvement in everything.

Not that it matters but we don't see any of those aliens in the OT. Perhaps the Empire destroyed or enslaved them.

Reaction score
Probably over time.
I think they were all killed to protect Sidious' involvement in everything.

Not that it matters but we don't see any of those aliens in the OT. Perhaps the Empire destroyed or enslaved them.
I was looking information about this on Wookipedia. It said something about separatist holdouts which, after the fall of the Republic, kept fighting against the Empire. It's possible that some of them never fell under Empire rule and might have even joined the rebel alliance...

Reaction score
Vader needed something to do, between 3&4.
(round up the wayward systems and "unify" the empire).
--> the remnants of the 'separatist alliance' became the Rebel Alliance. (agreed with r2d2-26)

-===-

which fits with the structure of the trilogy, btw:

ep1) introduce: padme's militarization + qui-gon's defiance
ep2) slippery slope: jar jar takes 'padme militarization' too far; dooku takes 'qui-gon's defiance' too far.
ep3) make anakin choose: he chooses "padme" and loses her, because of slipppery slope -- burns-to-vader ON a slippery slope (just to drive the point home).

--> this forces the Jedi Survivors down the other path: qui-gon's path: to immortality.

(the only thing that separates the Jedi Survivors from the Separatist Alliance, is dooku's "slippery slope". otherwise, these are the same faction).

(it makes sense, that the leftover separatist systems would become disillusioned with dooku, and 'backpedal' from the slippery slope, thus finding themselves on common ground with the Rebel Alliance)

Reaction score
Vader needed something to do, between 3&4.
(round up the wayward systems and "unify" the empire).
--> the remnants of the 'separatist alliance' became the Rebel Alliance. (agreed with r2d2-26)

-===-

which fits with the structure of the trilogy, btw:

ep1) introduce: padme's militarization + qui-gon's defiance
ep2) slippery slope: jar jar takes 'padme militarization' too far; dooku takes 'qui-gon's defiance' too far.
ep3) make anakin choose: he chooses "padme" and loses her, because of slipppery slope -- burns-to-vader ON a slippery slope (just to drive the point home).

--> this forces the Jedi Survivors down the other path: qui-gon's path: to immortality.

(the only thing that separates the Jedi Survivors from the Separatist Alliance, is dooku's "slippery slope". otherwise, these are the same faction).

(it makes sense, that the leftover separatist systems would become disillusioned with dooku, and 'backpedal' from the slippery slope, thus finding themselves on common ground with the Rebel Alliance)
I like the idea. But also, there were rebels that came from the Republic/Empire itself. Maybe some separatists joined the empire, and others joined the rebels that broke off from the empire. What about their technology? It seems that the empire stole a lot of the best technology from the separatists, while the rebels had more crappy technology, apparently.

Reaction score
well Vader had to be doing something, like I said ;)
the first separatist systems he would go after, would be the ones ruled by guys like the 'techno union' -- the systems with the biggest shipyards would have fallen to the empire

those "leftover separatist systems" I was talking about, would be the ones Vader hadn't gotten around to yet -- less important systems, with less technology, I guess

Reaction score
After the droids were shut down, Vader choked his wife, started a fight with his best friend, and got the rest of his limbs chopped off. It wasn't really a good day for him.

Reaction score
After the droids were shut down, Vader choked his wife, started a fight with his best friend, and got the rest of his limbs chopped off. It wasn't really a good day for him.
Think he had time for a beer in there, or was he too busy crying? I guess you could cry AND drink at the same time.