what figures do you regret not buying?

Reaction score
Not just from the Revenge of the Sith action figure line but also from Saga 2.

A year and half ago there was a Gordman's store that was still selling some Saga 2 stuff like the Leia Bussh figure and last year Kmart was selling one Moff Jerjerrod and a Death Star Trooper figures for 2.99 on sale.

Now back to the Revenge of the Sith figures. The figures that I missed out on getting were the royal guards and probably some of the aliens like Viceroy or whoever was made into an action figure that was a senator or whatever

Reaction score
I once had the opportunity to buy a cheap Shaak Ti in a store but I passed and it later appeared that this figure became rather rare here (much like the royal guards). I have never found it again in a store.

Dom

Reaction score
Im kinda miffed I sold my Vader nd operating table. I have all the droids just not that.

Reaction score
Dom said:
Im kinda miffed I sold my Vader nd operating table. I have all the droids just not that.
Well, with the upcoming Battle Pack, it looks like you'll get your chance to buy it again.

Reaction score
Darth_Wolven said:
I regret no buying the Royal Guards, Aayla Sucura and Ki Adi Mundi.
You want the ROTS line Mundi carded or loose?

There's still some figures I never got from the ROTS line and I'm not bothered on missing them as they were poor articulation, swivel elbows which I detest with a passion.

I picked up the wookiee warriors despite the lack of articulation on knees and horrific swivel elbows as I wanted a little squad of Wookiees. I hope Wookiees get the full ball joint treatment in years to come as I hate not being able to put the Wookiee warriors in kneeling prone positions. I hope we get a much better ROTS Chewie at some point too.

There's only a few figures I'm keeping from ROTS, the rest I'm selling loose via my shop online as I'm not too keen on them, plus some of the figures have been made better, like Commander Bacara which is coming out in Legacy BAD but they've done away with the "dirt" paint job on him this time which is a shame.

I'm glad I got the sneak preview Astromech though, I like the colouring on him. Got two of that one lol!

I picked up some of the Royal Guards too, both the red and blue, but if I had of known they had swivel elbows at the time, I wouldn't have bothered with them! They're supposed to be an "elite" guard yet Hasbro made them crap like they made Delta & Omega squad inferior to normal clones!

Although I got most of the Jedi loose from the ROTS line, I've never bothered displaying them so they have been bagged since ripping them out of damaged cards. I hated how weak and poor Agen, Secura, Shaak, Tiin etc were made. They were somewhat disappointing for me. Limited to how you could pose them do to lack of arm articulation and those that did have elbow articulation, it was swivel which just looks horrible and gives them a pointed triangle look when trying to pose them. Looks unnatural.

I'm very selective now, which is good, as it means I don't waste money on a crappy figure that you just know Hasbro will repack and repack, then make a superior sculpt of it a year later!

TO think about it, I'm pretty much selling 80% of my ROTS line lol! I intended to have them loose anyway because all the cards were lame and boring, but got them all stripped out of damaged cards and bagged up in a box. Having my own shop is handy because any mint figures in damaged cards, I keep for myself to have loose or sell loose online, so I'm not that fussed about receiving damaged cards/blisters from Hasbro/Distributors as I can always sell on loose figures.

I might start selling off some of my Saga 2006 figures, as although I like the cards, some of the figures just lack the articulation I'd rather them have, and Hasbro will no doubt retool some of them in the future. SO I might sell all my Saga 2006 figures that I do not want, loose, and keep the cards, that's if I can get the blisters off without damaging the cards. I was thinking about placing a towel over the cards after I've cut part of the blister off, only leaving the heat sealed part on them, them using the iron on a low heat to loosen up the heat seal to peel them off and hopefully leave no damage. Not sure if this will work so I will practice on some Legacy BAD cards/blisters as I'm doing this whole collection loose so I can build the droids.

Reaction score
I think that Aalya Secura was a decent figure from the Revenge of the Sith action figure line but yeah I'm not fond of swivel elbows that ruin the look of certain characters.

I'm also surprised that Hasbro hasnt made a new better articulated figure of Aayla yet

Reaction score
I regret not buying another twenty of so neimoidian warriors when they were on clearance. They are actually somewhat hard to get cheaply now, and my squad could use some more.

I also regret skipping R4-P17 and holo Aayla, both of which I saw only once.

Saga I actually saw every figure by the end of, and got all the ones I wanted. It was, for me, the high point of Star Wars distribution.

Reaction score
jamesanshutz said:
I think that Aalya Secura was a decent figure from the Revenge of the Sith action figure line but yeah I'm not fond of swivel elbows that ruin the look of certain characters.

I'm also surprised that Hasbro hasnt made a new better articulated figure of Aayla yet
Aayla is very nice non pre=posed figure indeed. Swivel arms in this day and age do suck, and are also old hat.

Reaction score
Well I regret not buying Pablo Jill(OTC). For ROTS though I think it would be the gunship. 30 dollars aint bad at all.

Reaction score
Never saw the red royal guards. So, I can't say I regret not buying them, because I never saw them.

Reaction score
Darth_McBaine said:
For me: Garindan. I knew I should've just taken him with me, but I was on my way to the airport...

Still do not have him and he seems quite difficult to find
Garindan was a cool figure. I just wish his knees bent & he would've been brilliant!
Actually, I wish I got Chancellor Palpatine in the black outifit. His legs would've been great to use for a custom DS2 Luke.

GNT

Reaction score
Hold no regrets here, the great thing about these days is that thanks to Ebay I can always go back and buy all the figures I've missed.

Dom

Reaction score
I regret buying the 1st Gree. I was looking at it over the weekend and it really sucks.

Reaction score
Hey Dom read the topic title. It says what figures do you regret not buying as in what figures did you miss out on?

Reaction score
Really it's hard to say for me. I mean so many of the inferior figures were upgraded since then (Except for the Magnaguard. WHATS TAKING SO LONG?!?!?!). Plus I got all the good ones anyway.

I guess really the only figure I'd want now is Commander Bly. Never could find him...

Reaction score
I regret not buying just a couple more Battle Droids when I saw them.
I like the coloring on the ROTS Battle Droids the best, so those are the ones I army build.

Reaction score
I only ever saw one Battle Droid ever. Because he can't bend his knees, he makes for a horrible army builder and thus I passed on him.

Reaction score
Before Saga 2 days there were figures the would have regretted I had missed them, but now a days it seem it's just a waiting game till you see them again! Outside of a few like OTC Celebration Queen Amidala, Revan, and Malak we'll most likely see the figure again somehow so I don't worry about it anymore.

Reaction score
i regret not buying a load of clone figures when saga came out in 06 i missed a bunch of goodones like the elite corps clone trooper, comamdner appo, 442nd trooper, 5ht legion clone troopeer a bunch.

Reaction score
I was 10 at the time, so I was still in the "playing" phase.
I never had any interest in getting the separatist aliens back then, but now, as collector, I absolutely MUST HAVE THEM!!!

Reaction score
Jedi_Trooper said:
i regret not buying a load of clone figures when saga came out in 06 i missed a bunch of goodones like the elite corps clone trooper, comamdner appo, 442nd trooper, 5ht legion clone troopeer a bunch.
I got a bunch of Elite Corps (501st) Clones, I was going to open them all at one stage, but prefer the other Clone sculpt, so I've kept them sealed.

PM me if you want 'em, we'll work out a deal.

Reaction score
ROTS was actually one of the few toylines where I got almost everything I wanted, from the Neimoidian Warrior and Commander, to the different versions of Palpatine (including the holographic exclusive), as well as the elusive Tarkin. There really weren't all too many characters I considered "essential" to my collection.

I guess the one figure I regret missing is the red-robed version of the Royal Guard. I have Palpatine and his two advisors Kren Blista-Vanee and Janus Greejatus, and the three look good posed together with Kren and Janus on either side of their emperor, but some Royal Guards to flank the trio and protect them would be nice. The regular Stormtroopers just aren't cutting it in terms of "style."

So, yeah, the red Royal Guard is on my list of figures to go back and obtain via eBay or something. Eventually. But they aren't near the top.

Reaction score
I didn't really get back into collecting until after ROTS, so I largely missed out on this line. I did find some rogue ROTS figures at Wal-Mart about a year ago-- snagged Mon Mothma and Meena Tills-- and they rang up at $0.96 each!
There were also a couple of Neimoidian Warriors and a Wookiee Warrior, but I wasn't so taken with those and decided to leave them for someone else to feel the magic. Mothma and Tills are both excellent, and if I could have chosen who showed up, they would have been in my top five, my other three choices being Dooku, Tarkin, and Ask Aak.

Reaction score
Wow! Nice score on the Meena Tills figure! He is the one ROTS figure I'm missing for the set. I passed on him twice and regret it now.

Oh well. I'll pick him up online one of these days.

Reaction score
Yeah, I recommend him, he's a friendly fish. He's also a bit of a stiff statue, but the sunken collar + ball-jointed neck is a great combination that allows him to tilt his head expressively without looking at all awkward. And he holds his pistol perfectly, poised for any senate standoff. And I'm wondering why I went with all this artful alliteration.

Reaction score
I regret not buying a ROTS Nute Gunray. Wait a minute.... IT HASN'T CAME OUT!! Just had to get that out.

Reaction score
I regret not buying a ROTS Nute Gunray. Wait a minute.... IT HASN'T CAME OUT!! Just had to get that out.

Reaction score

Reaction score