What do you want to hear on the ForceCast? Part 2

Reaction score
Re: What do you want to hear on the Force-Cast? Pa

Yeah, GL said that, but then he released the original theatrical cuts on DVD anyway. ;-) Plus, he must know how many more units he'd sell. He can claim the new releases are official all he wants -- for the most part, I'm even willing to agree with him (that's not heresy, is it?!) -- but he can still put the "predecessors" out there, too.

Reaction score

I want to here Adam Hughes's theory on why the Prequels aren't as good as the original trilogy. On another podcast he talked about this epic thing had all worked out but didn't go into it with great deal because it was off subject and too long, but it sounded perfect for the Forcecast. Plus he draws good Star Wars, so interview him.

Reaction score

I'd really like to hear an In the Cantina interview with Corey Burton, maybe since Bane's coming back in Season 3. Unless he's been interviewed already, in which case, never mind. I think he's one of the only CW actors who hasn't been interviewed by the FC yet; it would just be interesting to hear his history with SW and more about how he develops his original character voices as well as characters like Dooku. It would also be funny to hear what he thinks of Jimmy's Ziro.

Reaction score
Re: What do you want to hear on the Force-Cast? Part 2

I'd like to hear Jimmy track down and interview Kyle Rowling, Dooku's fencing double, who also did the fights of the Grievous Magnadroids. I wonder what his training is. I was watching the bonus features of the DVD's recently and noticed how fluid Rowling's movements are.

Reaction score

Get the Mythbusters on to talk about star wars.

Reaction score

We might want to be careful, They will want to blow something up at the end. Lets hope its a death star.

Reaction score

I'd love to hear some interviews with the Mythbusters. Adam, Grant and Tori all have worked for ILM at one point or another.

On Chris Hardwick's Nerdist Podcast, there was an interview with Adam and he had some funny stories to tell about his time at ILM. It'd be fascinating to hear some of his other stories. Just FYI, if you search out the Nerdist Podcast, it's really funny, but lots of adult language is used.

Reaction score

Three words:

DEAN THE MANIAC!!!

Reaction score

I just want to hear a forcecast! They have vanished.

Reaction score

Jorbex said:
kalskylander said:
I just want to hear a forcecast! They have vanished.
+1
Agreed! I am glad to see a new episode is scheduled for this week, I have filled my time I usually listen to the ForceCast with a Masters of the Universe podcast. BRING BACK... The ForceCast!!

Reaction score

More info on the upcoming "Top Secret" CGI Animated Feature that Lucas Animation are working on. Providing it's Star Wars of course - if it isn't Star Wars, then who would care if it was "Top Secret" ???

Reaction score
Can we get Force Unleashed Cast on the Force-Cast?

Hi, newbie poster here.

So the prequels kinda soured me on Star Wars a bit but "The Force Unleashed" game totally brought me back.

(Back to the ALL the movies, the Clone Wars show, the Dark Horse comics and The Force Cast podcasts).

So I was hoping maybe you all could get some the actors from the game on the podcast. Especially Sam Witwer (aka Galen Marek aka Starkiller) and Nathalie Cox (aka Juno Eclipse). And Matt Sloan (aka Vader) too would be awesome.

They were all great in the game and Sam does a killer Emperor voice. (He did the voice for the game). The game has got me all sucked back into the Star Wars universe in all forms.

Any chance Sam, Nathalie and Matt could all do a podcast interview together?

And does anyone know if they are going to be @ C-5?

Reaction score
Re: Can we get Force Unleashed Cast on the Force-Cast?

Welcome aammpp! Glad you made it back.

I would love to hear the TFU crew on the forcecast.

I would really hope they could make it out to C5, nothing has been announced yet, but you never know.

Reaction score
Re: Can we get Force Unleashed Cast on the Force-Cast?

I would like to hear the guys talk about Adywan's fan edit of A New Hope and his current project of Empire. If they are you guys have not seen it you have to see it as soon as possible.
ANH
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/STAR-WARS-EP-IV-2004-REVISITED-ADYWAN-DVD-9-VERSIONS-NOW-AVAILABLE/topic/5942/

ESB
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/STAR-WARS-EP-V-REVISITED-EDITION-ADYWAN-RELEASE-DATE-2011/topic/9060/

Please do a forcecast on these projects.

Reaction score

As a big time EU fan, it is highly offending to hear Jason tirade against the EU. If he doesn't like it, that's fine. But to me, you have an obligation to be somewhat unbiased, or at least read the content that you're railing about. He goes on and on about it, and it serves no purpose. I love the Force-Cast, and I love Jason in every other way. But his disrespect for a certain aspect of the Star Wars franchise is infuriating, especially because if he'd read some of the stuff, he'd probably like it. Part of me sees how excited he gets about the Clone Wars series, and how enthusiastic he is to see the clones, Jedi Character, Sith, etc. get fleshed out, but aspects of the EU have already explored that, and IMO even better. It all comes down to that he simply doesn't know what he's talking about. EU is canon. Live with it.

So, mostly more EU stuff from Jimmy Mac. He said he was gonna read the Republic Commando book Hard Contact, did he ever get to that?

Reaction score

Welcome darthcaedus.

A lot of Jason's ire towards the EU has mostly turned into a running joke. It's very tongue in cheek.

Reaction score

Murray1134 said:
Welcome darthcaedus.

A lot of Jason's ire towards the EU has mostly turned into a running joke. It's very tongue in cheek.
I find it hilarious how he almost thrives on the hate. It's great.

Reaction score

To “darthcaedus1138”, I have to ask just how would you like the hosts of the ForceCast to be? Towing a down the middle line, fearing giving any opinion that may not suit even some of their listeners? For me it is both Jason and Jimmy's obvious passion for Star Wars that I embrace and tune in each week to be a part of. If they were to hold back their opinions even those I do not share I would not have anywhere near the respect for them that I do. Thank you guys for sharing your love of Star Wars with us and for me don't hold back, censorship of opinion has no place here!

Reaction score

I realize it's his opinion, and that's fine. But if you're going to host a weekly podcast devoted to Star Wars, you have to have an informed opinion , or I'm not gonna respect it. If you're gonna speak, know both sides of the story. Know about what you're going to be talking about. Jason obviously doesn't.

I'm not saying he should stop one way or another. I'm just saying it's very off putting for a listener to hear this kind of slander coming from an uninformed source, one who's very influential, and could very well give a newcomer bad thoughts about that subject.

Therefore, Curto and Jimmy should probably speak up more often, and not let him go on his long tirades.

But that's just my opinion.

Reaction score

darthcaedus1138 said:
But that's just my opinion.
My point exactly, we both are now voicing our opinions and neither of us want to be shouted down for them regardless of whether you or I feel they are uninformed. Just on that point, does Jason need to read the entire EU books or listen or watch EU media to have an opinion on how they fit into the story GL has and is currently (TCW) telling? That seems to be his entire point! I wonder what Yoda's opinion would be on opinions, another path to the dark side?

Reaction score

He doesn't have to do anything. I would appreciate, however, a quick glance at Wookieepedia on the subject before totally diving off the edge into something he isn't informed about. In the past he's made comments that are totally off the mark, comments that would give people who have no experience with the EU a negative connotation. He doesn't have to read the entirely library to get one idea.

I'm not going to respect someone's opinion if they have very little experience with it. It's as simple as that. Especially if I know a lot about the subject.

Also, I'd like to speak to a very large dichotomy in the show; while Jason doesn't like the EU, he has no problem shilling the books for Audible. I haven't heard an Audible commercial for awhile, but it's something I picked up on nonetheless. The path to the dark side, that most definitely is.

"Hmm, opinions, like backsides they are. Have them, everyone does, and stink, they all do."

Reaction score

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

Up to stage two, definitely! Stage three, maybe but at least on the path it seems.

So it seems it is now time to follow some other immortal words and............

"Move along.... Move along"

Reaction score

Hmm from my point of view I'm not in fear of anything. I know that EU's canon, and I've said several times that I know this is just Jason's opinion. None of my posts were angry. Just laying out my belief about the wrongs that are happening here. Anger also connotates that I'm ready to take action. I'm not going to take action in any way, I'm just speaking up. If anything, Jason's the one going down the dark path. Fear of expanding his Star Wars universe (see what I did there) beyond what George Lucas expressly ordains for it, anger at other fans for, what he might see as questioning his fandom....and I don't think he'll get to suffering, 'cause he just enjoys picking on it so much.

Oh well. The dark side seems more fun anyway.

It seems we have reached an impasse. But if we can see the forest for the trees, it's all Star Wars, and we all love Star Wars.

So, agree to disagree then?

Reaction score

I've been slowly going through the early ForeCasts before I started listening (late 2008) and find myself missing the Birthday Greetings. I know Jason and Jimmy dropped the segment but I felt it gave a real connection with us fans. If nothing else the intro music compo that Jimmy did for it was awesome, really fun and uplifting, even a condensed version would be great.

Reaction score

@caedus You took the words right out of my mouth. Agree to agree then, my friend!

Reaction score

Thanks for believing in the cause Gamek. In the long run, it doesn't matter. As someone else already said, it's kind of tongue and cheek as of now. But as a fan of something, I feel obligated to defend something when it comes under attack. But as Jason himself says, we're all family here. We all love the franchise, even if some love things others don't.

Reaction score

darthcaedus1138 said:
As a big time EU fan, it is highly offending to hear Jason tirade against the EU. If he doesn't like it, that's fine. But to me, you have an obligation to be somewhat unbiased, or at least read the content that you're railing about. He goes on and on about it, and it serves no purpose. I love the Force-Cast, and I love Jason in every other way. But his disrespect for a certain aspect of the Star Wars franchise is infuriating, especially because if he'd read some of the stuff, he'd probably like it. Part of me sees how excited he gets about the Clone Wars series, and how enthusiastic he is to see the clones, Jedi Character, Sith, etc. get fleshed out, but aspects of the EU have already explored that, and IMO even better. It all comes down to that he simply doesn't know what he's talking about. EU is canon. Live with it.

So, mostly more EU stuff from Jimmy Mac. He said he was gonna read the Republic Commando book Hard Contact, did he ever get to that?
I can see your point, as well as the counterpoint from AUD2.

I will only say that the negativity over the EU is one of the things that has contributed to me pushing away from fandom for a spell. The entirety of this EU-canon-or-not-who-cares-it's-crap-but-some-of-it's-cool mess, from both sides of the argument, became suffocating. For a time, I thought of Star Wars and nothing came to mind but negative thoughts about how messy it's all become.

I've recovered a little bit. My tirades on fandom are on this forum somewhere, and I think I sent some rare voicemail into the feedback address for the show as well. Star Wars fandom is still a big mess, but it's not as stifling as it once was. Some time away did some good. I'm not saying I'm bathing in the Kool-Aid, but some of the magic has returned.

My basic counterargument to anything negative about The Wars or fandom is simple: They're really just movies. Anything else is fandom generated, and I can take it or leave it very easily.

Hope that helps, even if it's just a little.

Reaction score

I'd like to hear a lot less Lucas worship, personally. No offense, of course, just my opinion.

Reaction score

tk_12 said:
I'd like to hear a lot less Lucas worship, personally. No offense, of course, just my opinion.
None taken but it probably does beg the question, is George Lucas, the creator, the maker, and for all things on screen, the controller, is he still the one that 'FANS' want to be directing the future of Star Wars. For me I say yes and hope he always maintains control, it is after all his story to tell, his sand box as it is said to play in. But that too is my opinion.

Reaction score

AUD2 said:
tk_12 said:
None taken but it probably does beg the question, is George Lucas, the creator, the maker, and for all things on screen, the controller, is he still the one that 'FANS' want to be directing the future of Star Wars. For me I say yes and hope he always maintains control, it is after all his story to tell, his sand box as it is said to play in. But that too is my opinion.
I respect and revere George for creating Star wars, but I think his time to direct star wars material is over. He is the master storyteller, of course, but it's time to let someone else handle the writing and directing. For example, IMHO, Clone Wars is THE BEST Star Wars since The Empire Strikes back. George is doing mostly story, but other people are handling the writing and directing.
I think that alot of fans aren't critical enough of Lucas's work on the Special Editions and the prequels. I'm sorry, Jar Jar and podracing and fart jokes are not anything like what we saw in the OT, but this whole argument is TIRED. Both points have been argued over and over and over again, so I'd rather not argue it any further.

Reaction score

There was and is no argument here, in fact it was your opinion that made me think, not attack. No two fans are going to universally agree on everything, it's the discussion about what we all love, Star Wars, that brings us all to the ForceCast and to these forums. If we can't raise questions and thoughts and respect those and the responses then what is the point in being a part of this at all.

Reaction score

This was touched on in one of the last Clone Wars Roundtables of Season 2 --- but I'd really like to hear you guys interview Kevin Kiner.

Reaction score

I'm actually gonna agree with you there, AUD2. If George Lucas is still alive and kicking, and by kicking I mean making good Star Wars stories, then sure, he should definitely still be helping it along. I do, however, see Dave Filoni being trained as a replacement for George. Dave always calls himself an apprentice to George, so there's that...

I do also agree that some of the prequel decisions weren't what I'd have agreed with seeing. For the most part, I don't mind it, but TPM is quite schizophrenic in that aspect.

Reaction score

Always two there are, a master and an apprentice!

Sorry, I had to go there it was left wiiiiide open. I wonder how Dave feels about joining the dark side?

Dave is definitely the best person to be guiding TCW and would be awesome in any role in future Star Wars project.

Reaction score

AUD2 said:
Always two there are, a master and an apprentice!
Dave is the perfect apprentice.
His storytelling is masterful. He gets Star Wars (at least, he gets what I'm getting -- at least, I think so).
To top it off, though, he doesn't get (I don't think) that he is "inheriting" the storytelling tradition of Star Wars like no one else has. Every time I meet him, he's just a regular guy -- another fan of the GFFA -- who is as enthralled with this story as the rest of us....and he's the guy putting it together!

Awesome. Awesome.