What do you want to hear on the ForceCast? Part 2

Reaction score
Re: What do you want to hear on the Force-Cast? Part 2

yer that will be amazing, jimmy will actuly have the real ziro the hutt in the room, i woulnt be able to tell who is who.

Dom

Reaction score

I can`t really fault the show, could do with more specials to fill my journey to work and then I would spend less on audio books.

On a side note it would be great if you could do a Q&A with Lucasfilm. Im sure there are a ton of fan questions out there. I for one would love to know if we will ever see Ewoks and Droids released on DVD?

Reaction score
Re: What do you want to hear on the Force-Cast? Pa

Dom said:
I can`t really fault the show, could do with more specials to fill my journey to work and then I would spend less on audio books.

On a side note it would be great if you could do a Q&A with Lucasfilm. Im sure there are a ton of fan questions out there. I for one would love to know if we will ever see Ewoks and Droids released on DVD?
They have to a certain extent. And I do believe that at least for Droids, the episodes they have on there were re-cut by GL himself for the VHS release in the mid-90's.

Dom

Reaction score

Thanks, but I have those, but its mainly the White Witch arc from Droids I want. I have copies, but the real thing would be brilliant.

Reaction score

Yeah, I for one would love to see the complete series of Droids and Ewoks on Blu-Ray.

Dom

Reaction score

Im just thinking of it being like the jovial Jay reports. Just so that if the community have a question we can maybe get some answers through you guys, we wouldn`t get normally.

Reaction score

I've been waiting to hear the Trekcast co-hosts on the show or Jason and Jimmy on Trekcast for a Trek vs Wars special.

Something that Trekcast does on their show that is really cool is that they have episodes where they create their own episode of Star Trek on the fly. I think it would be really cool if the Forcecast created their own Clone Wars episode during a show sometime.

Reaction score

How about havinf Celebration V in Milwaukee?

That's Right! Milwaukee!!!

We have a good sized area to have it with lots of space for parking, the Wisconsin Exposition Center at the Wisconsin State Fair Park, which is next to the main freeway, and would not be hard to get to.

Since it's during the summer, why not also schedule it during a time when it can be in twon when the city hosts it's yearly Summerfest, the World's largest Music Festival. There can be a whole Star Wars pavillion there. And if the Milwaukee Brewers are in town, maybe having "The Maker" himself, George Lucas throw out a first pitch in front of would most likely be a 43000+ crowd. Not to mention all the revenue it would bring a city that has had many jobs lost in the recent recession. I'm sorry but, Wisconsin is just as warm as Florida, California, and Texas is during the summer.

Our Airport is one of the most efficent in the nation, people who are going to Chicago sometime fly into Milwaukee and then hitch a bus or train to our big neighbor only 90 miles south.

Our location should also make it a prime location for Celebration V. Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, the Twin Cities, Madison, Cleveland, Cincinnatti, and many more cities are with in a short flight of Milwaukee. And with the addition of Southwest Airlines and Delta at Milwaukee's airport. Almost Every large city in the US. cna get flights to Milwaukee or Chicago.

Milwaukee also has great food, and let's also not forget we make beer!!! Only Milwaukee, St. Louis, and Denver can say that. But Milwaukee's beer is the best and it ain't just Miller.

Reaction score

No offense to our friends in FL, but I'd rather go with the Milwaukee idea than the rumour about FL.

Reaction score

Thankyou for supporting my idea. To bad the folks at Lucasfilm will probably still not hold it there.

Reaction score

I'd really like to hear something on the ForceCast from the TrekCast guys. Star Wars actually comes up quite a bit over on TrekCast, so it'd be interesting to hear the different view points.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I'd really like to hear something on the ForceCast from the TrekCast guys. Star Wars actually comes up quite a bit over on TrekCast, so it'd be interesting to hear the different view points.

[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. Like I said in my previous post, either get Jason and Jimmy on Trekcast, or David and Darren on the Forcecast.

Reaction score

I vote for movie commentaries too. We've asked for this for a while now, and I think it would be a very popular episode if the guys can find time for it.

It will ultimately require a roundtable of all the usual suspects
of course. Perhaps even some input from Kyle Newman or Pablo Hildalgo. Maybe even some perspective from Steve Sansweet.

Reaction score

MickC said:
I vote for movie commentaries too. We've asked for this for a while now, and I think it would be a very popular episode if the guys can find time for it.

of course. Perhaps even some input from Kyle Newman or Pablo Hildalgo. Maybe even some perspective from Steve Sansweet.
I second that!

Reaction score

MickC said:

Don't forget Pete.

Reaction score

Hi all, first time I've gotten a chance to get logged in and post but I've been listening for a while. The podcast keeps me sane during my 2 hour commute to school! I met the hosts and several frequent guests at Fan Days, though I made a total dork of myself in the process

My favorite parts of the FC: CW roundtable, EU/author interviews, and the random bits of esoteric SW humor and information. A couple things that might be interesting to hear...maybe a microcast on comics like you've had on collecting? I like to hear about the local FF events too, good place to get ideas on how to organize your own. Oh yes, and more Ziro, please and thanks!

Reaction score

I would really like to hear an update on the status of complete series DVD's of Droids and Ewoks. Would you be able to ask Steve Sansweet next time you see him?

Reaction score

I'd love to hear some interviews with the Mythbusters guys (Grant Imahara, Tory Belleci, and Adam Savage) who also worked on the prequels as model makers and droid wranglers. It's pretty cool to think of the people who do all these cool students were also responsible for making prequel R2 run and worked in the great ILM model dept.

Belleci and Imahara also featured in the R2 Behind the Dome documentary. There was an interview with these guys a while back on the official site, but I'd love to hear the Forcecast take on their experiences.

Reaction score

If you look carefully you can see Adam Savage building models on the AOTC Making of..

It used to be part of the Mythbusters opening credits, showing him building Tipoca City.

Reaction score

I know it's been brought up before, but it would be really cool to hear a Roundtable type discussion of the 6 Live Action movies. In the style of the TCW RT's, it would be interesting to really hear them dive into the movies with various guest speakers.

Just something to think about when TCW isn't on the air over the summer.

Reaction score

I think it would cool if Jimmy could track down the guy at the wedding ten years ago, and talk to him about his opinion on modern Star Wars. If he's still as big a fan as he was 10 years ago etc.

Reaction score

I like the idea of having more average fans on the Clone Wars Roundtables. Perhaps make a list for people that are really interested in being in the roundtables. I know I would really like to be on an episode and it would make me feel even more connected to the show.

Reaction score

I'd like to hear more Jimmy Mac. Dude's hilarious.

Reaction score

Big Fan and first time post.
I would love a round table of the 6 movies. Be great to hear different points of view. Pro's, Con's, Highlights and low points. It's all good debate. It's all Star Wars.

Reaction score

I think a round table of the whole saga is a great idea. Maybe they could take it one movie at a time.

Reaction score

I've searched the podcast archives in hopes that you've had an interview with Kevin Kyner, composer for "The Clone Wars," but haven't seen one. Am I just overlooking it? If not, please see if you can have him on as a guest. I just bought and listened to the CD from the film, and am totally blown away. Great stuff! I do hope there will be season soundtracks eventually. There is so much good music he's turning out on a weekly basis, it would be terrible for it not to get CD releases.

Thanks!

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure an interview was featured around the time of the CW movie premiere, but I couldn't find it either.

I'm sure Eric will be able to solve this puzzle, right Eric?

Reaction score

Eric_Geller said:
They have not yet interviewed Kevin Kiner.
Really? I was so sure they had...
Maybe they only did a report on the soundtrack and Kiner's career, or something like that. Thank you, Eric!

Reaction score

Kevin Kiner is on the short list of people connected to TCW that they have not yet interviewed.

I don't think it's for a lack of trying though. I think it would be great to hear from him.

Reaction score

Murray1134 said:
Kevin Kiner is on the short list of people connected to TCW that they have not yet interviewed.

I don't think it's for a lack of trying though. I think it would be great to hear from him.
Yep, Kevin Kiner and also Corey Burton would both be great interviews to listen to.

Reaction score

I would really like to know what the guys on the inside know about the long-alleged archival editions of Star Wars on DVD (or Blu-Ray?)

Reaction score

Whenever the Blu-Rays arrive (probably just a few years before the format is on the way out, lol!), I hope they will use some of that "seamless branching" technology that the Trek TOS Blu-Rays use to allow for toggling between the theatrical, special, and other editions.

Reaction score

Bibliomike said:
Whenever the Blu-Rays arrive (probably just a few years before the format is on the way out, lol!), I hope they will use some of that "seamless branching" technology that the Trek TOS Blu-Rays use to allow for toggling between the theatrical, special, and other editions.
That would be very cool!
I was watching a featurette called the Anatomy of a Dewpack Pt. 2 which had a few Lucasfilm people as well as those involved in the film restoration for SE stating over and over that Lucas "saved every foot of film he shot" for all his films. That means there's got to be a lot of gold in the vault just waiting to see release.

Reaction score

Bibliomike said:
Unfortunately, I recall GL stating quite adamantly that when he makes updates to the movies, those are the authorized versions and the previous ones no longer matter. Ergo, when LFL releases the Super Ultra Definitive Platinum-Plated Titanium Limited Hyperspace Jedi Power of the Force 13-Disc Megaset, I would bet that it will only contain the last edit of the films.

Of course, that will also mean that Greedo still shoots first.