What do you want to hear on the ForceCast? Part 2

Reaction score
Re: What do you want to hear on the Force-Cast? Part 2

I want to hear more author interviews. I know this has been said before, but I feel it bears repeating. There is a huge segment of the ForceCast audience that enjoys the EU and would enjoy hearing from their favorite writers. Let's get some Traviss, Denning, Allston, etc. In the Cantina!

Reaction score

Yes, I would like to hear Karen Traviss talk about Republic Commandos and Mandolorians more than having George Lucas in the cantina for a half hour, if you can believe it. (he'd just say everything he's already said)

She is my white whale for the Force-Cast. Although, I don't think her books have been read by the guys. Jimmy must have read the Legacy one, but I don't know if he hit the RCs yet.

And what do I want to hear on the Force-Cast? Jamie King!

Reaction score

Cramer said:
And what do I want to hear on the Force-Cast? Jamie King!
That's what Jason's webcam is for.

Reaction score

I wish someone could just get a suggestion to Lucasfilm regarding Celebration V. Why not make it a traveling convention? Every year there are boat shows, car shows, gun shows, wedding shows, etc that hit the convention circuit.

Why not bring Star Wars on the road?

When I heard Steve Sansweet say "coming to a galaxy near you." I thought that would be great. Bring it near me. I live in St. Louis and am willing to make the trip to Chicago or another midwestern city, but it's expensive to travel to Florida, California, or New York.

So I ask, why not have a dozen or so OFFICIAL, mini conventions. Sure, not every Star Wars celebrity will make every show, but I think the audience would be larger, bringing in a lot more families and kids. It might even bring in an audience of just your every day Star Wars fans, not just the super fans. Someone said this on the EU Forcecast: that just every day fans don't pick up the novels. But you know what? They buy the DVDs, they buy the toys for their kids, and might have a great time getting reaquainted with Star Wars.

Reaction score

how about a segment on Listeners? We can submit profile info, likes, dislikes, favorite SW movie and why, favorite EU book, favorite SW moment, etc. Put a limit on submitted info and spend a couple of minutes on it each week. That way we can all learn more about each other.

Reaction score
Re: What do you want to hear on the Force-Cast? Pa

darthblu3 said:
how about a segment on Listeners? We can submit profile info, likes, dislikes, favorite SW movie and why, favorite EU book, favorite SW moment, etc. Put a limit on submitted info and spend a couple of minutes on it each week. That way we can all learn more about each other.
well, a lot of the show IS user submitted already

Reaction score

Yeah, I always liked the Star Wars Tales segment though. Cool to hear those real inspirational ones.

Reaction score

Maybe an EU suggestion of the week. As someone who hasn't jumped very far into the EU, I'd be open to suggestions on what books I should read.

They could accept submissions by email. The submission would include the name of the book/comic/etc, the approximate position on the timeline, maybe a plot synopsis, and reasons why it's a good read.

Since it would be based on listener input, you'd have a wide range of material and interests.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Re: What do you want to hear on the Force-Cast?

I would like to hear something to do with the two 1980's TV series Ewoks and Droids. An interview with someone involved in the production of these shows, like maybe Ben Burtt for instance, would be great!
If you get the chance to interview someone like Steve Sansweet again, I would be interested knowing if Lucasfilm will be releasing complete series DVD's of these shows at some point.
Thanks for making these shows guys, I enjoy them!

Reaction score

I would love to hear an interview with Dirk Brosse conductor of Star Wars in concert.

Reaction score

Hey all, I'm new here, so I'm not sure if it's ever been mentioned. Are there any Dune fans here? I'm a huge fan of all seven books, and it all started because I learned just how much Lucas was influenced by Frank Herbert. The parallels are immense. Anyways, I'd love some discussion about Dune and Star Wars!

Reaction score

That could make an interesting micro-cast or roundtable type show. Go into some of the roots, parallels, inspirations and such of Star Wars. What do we the current fans think of these older stories? etc.

Reaction score

yeah! I mean, there's plenty of debate in the dune universe alone, but some great discussion about Dune and Star Wars, and what brings together the fans about both franchises. Also, Kevin J. Anderson has written for both series, so his perspective would be amazing. Lastly, I always found it interesting that Dune was written pre-SW, however the universe expanded as Star Wars expanded as well. Hell, the movie was an ANSWER to the SW trilogy, albeit a weird and failed answer (I still liked it).

Lots to discuss! Jason, Jimmy, anyone with me?

Reaction score

Dune is a masterpiece of sci-fi; I'd love to hear a roundtable on Dune-SW, but I fear not enough listeners might be familiar with the series.

Reaction score

Agreed. a discussion of the influences and similarities would be a great jump-off for new fans, esp. of the NT and CW generations. thats how it started for me, and im a first gen. sw fan!

Reaction score

I've never read any of the Dune books, but I would certainly be interested in learning more about the series' Star Wars ties.

Once again, I'd love to hear from Karen Traviss. Even more so now that she is leaving the Star Wars universe due to continuity issues. I'd love to hear her perspective on how things are progressing in the EU and the Star Wars universe as a whole. The Republic Commando books are simply great and I along with many others will miss her contributions once her current commitments are done.

Reaction score

I want to hear Jason talk about Karen Traviss some more on the Forcecast!

Reaction score

How much of tonight's show was about that?

Reaction score

MasterRawas said:
grievousfan91 said:
How much of tonight's show was about that?
A very LARGE portion.
...and they wonder why everyone says they hate the EU...

Reaction score

Wasn't the Karen Traviss news the only news they had besides Comic Con in Chicago?

Reaction score

It was such a big story that I expected them to spend a large portion of the show talking about it. The EU has been a very hot topic as of late with an entire roundtable dedicated to a discussion about it. Then this story breaks. Of course they were going to spend a lot of time on it. I'm glad they did, since I find it incredibly interesting. Just my opinion, though.

I'm looking forward to more debates on future EU roundtables.

Reaction score

I want a weekly segment about messing with Howard Cheykin (sp?)

Reaction score

How about discussing the Star Wars characters that Lucasfilm will not allow Hasbro to produce as action figures? Go down the list(if such a list can be acquired) and give the official Lucasfilm responses and reasons why not the Tonnika Sisters, for example. I've yet to hear or see a true, official reason on them.

Reaction score

I find it weird reading how many on this page alone want to hear Karen Traviss on the show (pre-travissty)and tnen the numerous emails they mentioned because Jason said he doesn't want her on the show because she is the popular fan choice. Is that a weird statement? I don't know how to take that, but it's been on my mind for a few days. Just kind of a weird thing to say.

Reaction score

Traviss is a very polarizing author in the EU, even before this whole debacle began. From what I have gathered it seems that as many people are passionate about her books, there is a nearly equal number who dislike the books, and her portrayal of characters (specifically how she writes the Jedi)

Reaction score

I would prefer not to hear any discussions on the EU on the ForceCast. It’s not because I dislike the EU but because I am a fan of it. Listening to Jason talk about the EU has caused me to stop listening to the ForceCast on several occasions. I now get my EU fix via podcast from another source. I would prefer a separate podcast on the EU or a section of the current ForceCast to be covered by fans of the EU.

Reaction score

Obviously right now while we are in a gap before new shows come on so there isnt much to talk about the only big thing going on are conventions and EU. Its all good. Id like to have a little more collecting segments, or a toy roundtable. I really enjoyed last years midnight madness episode.

Keep it up!

Reaction score

I would love to have another clone wars round table. Some more EU, And thats about it. Other than that Great Job Guys!

Reaction score

jeditidus said:
I would love to have another clone wars round table.
There's another 22 more RT's (at least) comin' your way for S2, so stay tuned!

Reaction score

Justin_LaSalata said:
jeditidus said:
I would love to have another clone wars round table.
There's another 22 more RT's (at least) comin' your way for S2, so stay tuned!
Isn't it fantastic! We have NEW STAR WARS to look forward to...every week...for 4 more seasons! Then a live action show! Looks like the ForceCast will have plenty to talk about for a long, long time!

Reaction score

Cramer said:
Yes, I would like to hear Karen Traviss talk about Republic Commandos and Mandolorians more than having George Lucas in the cantina for a half hour, if you can believe it. (he'd just say everything he's already said)
No way, Lucas is the goal. Even if he ends up repeating himself, the guys getting the opportunity to have the Maker on the show would just be awesome.

I've never even heard of this Karen Traviss until the 3-year anniversary show, and I'm still trying to figure out what all is the deal with her. She writes overly-emotional SW books that ignore canon? Big whoop?

Reaction score

Well, the thing is, she is a big time author, she is not a little one-off author.

Reaction score

Had a thought while listening to the Bonnie Burton/Jane Wiedlin interview. We've asked for the FC crew to do commentaries for the movies for a while now, what if they went Rifftrax style and did something for the Holiday Special? That could be really funny.

The holidays are coming up awfully quick, what a "great" holiday gift this would be

Reaction score

Murray1134 said:
Had a thought while listening to the Bonnie Burton/Jane Wiedlin interview. We've asked for the FC crew to do commentaries for the movies for a while now, what if they went Rifftrax style and did something for the Holiday Special? That could be really funny.

The holidays are coming up awfully quick, what a "great" holiday gift this would be
That's a very interesting idea!

Reaction score

It'd be great to have commentaries for clone wars episodes!

Reaction score

Probably been said before, but Id like an in the cantina with John Williams. IMHO, without him, star wars is just some 70's science fiction.

Reaction score

DarthPigeon said:
It'd be great to have commentaries for clone wars episodes!
Science fiction theater 3000 style? That might work for some of the EU audiobiooks better. Hillarious!

Reaction score

I can't wait to hear "In the Cantina with Corey Burton".