What do you think is affecting the vintage market right now? Did the bubble finally pop?

Reaction score
Retro video games were hot too...now you can pick up lots on the cheap. Everything goes in cycles...collect what you love and you will be happy

Reaction score
Kenner76
It's there asking prices. I don't know if they sold them, but one vendor said if he didnt get his price on his dented toe Blue Snag he would have no problem taking it back with him? I do agree with you there way to high asking prices and Ebay has the same Red Bar's up for the $500-700 range for months now.

Reaction score
collect what you love and you will be happy
Exactly. While it's always nice when something that you love is also popular and valuable, that should never be the point when collecting it.

Unless profit is your primary motivation, which is completely fine and understandable in its own right; but then you should always be prepared for values to plummet at a moment's notice.

Reaction score
I think people tend to do more buying in the Winter time. I also think a drop in sales could be related to the Hasbro's Vintage Collection taking off this year. I know I have directed extra funds to the VTC over real vintage items lately.

Reaction score
I just think after this new movie, we will se a surge and then a huge drop for awhile. Those of us that have been collecting since before Potf2 know that this may not end well. Hopefully the new shows will keep the interest a while longer or even generate new fans.

Reaction score
I hope they keep dropping so I can get what I'm after without feeling guilty. Never was into the value as much as I was into the piece itself. Buying lots and selling off extras worked out great for building my collection, but I never bought a piece for sale only purposes.

Reaction score
The prices are still too high on the last few figures i need. And we are about to buy a money pit...err I mean house.lol. Some of the Potf are waaaay out of line, and Blue snags is overpriced too.

Reaction score
correct, if Rise if Skywalker is legit, there will be a 2 month fever for Star Wars and then nothing. Star Wars really will survive if Disney can right the ship with its TV programming. The Mandalorian looks good and if they end up making some other character specific shows or movies, at least those characters will be hot. That how I see the future going.

If everything sucks, dark times ahead for collectibles and lots of unloading. Great for collectors, bad for people who bought high.

I have nice items but I also find things I want to sell off once in awhile. It’s gonna be annoying if I can’t move it.

I will remember always forecasting how terrible Indy 4 would be and I therefore sold off a loaded pieced out collection the weekend before the movie came out. Made tons of $$$.More that any item was going for a week or two before my sales. Once that movie came out and completely sucked, the prices for vintage Indy were cut in half completely.

timing is always important and you have to have a plan if you are a seller.

Reaction score
Timing is also important if you're a buyer / collector as well. A collector cannot take the toys with them in the after life