What do you think is affecting the vintage market right now? Did the bubble finally pop?

Reaction score
What do you think is affecting the vintage market right now? Lots of really nice higher end items are just sitting unsold in FB and Ebay. Two first shot Cantina Aliens that went for 5k plus just a year ago, sat on eBay with opening bids of $2,499. Walrusman sold for asking and Hammerhead didn’t even get a bid.

Things are always a bit slow during the summer, but normally start picking up by the end of October. I really thought the last Rise of Skywalker trailer would get people buying again. The loose figures are still going for high prices, but nice carded figures aren’t selling well now. It wouldn’t be a bad thing if prices come back to 2012 prices, but it’s a really tough market to sell stuff in these days. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reaction score
A lot of people bought and spent way too much

now they are all listing these at the same time

I just pulled an early bird stand off my sales page because it sat there

I’m watching these sell as low as 150 for this exact reason

They are listing these low and there are at least 5 at any given time.

It has become a buyers market but that is good for us if we want something and bad if we are selling our duplicates. I’m not convinced the movie is making a sales increase this time , and even the stores have a very low inventory

Last edited:
Reaction score
Even though there were scenes I liked from Last Jedi, that movie without a doubt caused more harm to star wars than anyone could have imagined.
All the unsold merchandise for the last jedi, sat for months to a year collecting dust. I was hoping Force Friday would bring new star wars merchandise to my nearest Walmarts, but not a single black series figure arrived. It dealt a major blow to both modern and vintage collecting. That being said, I do still have hope for episode 9 and if it can help revive star wars before it's too late.

Reaction score
Star Wars fatigue has definitely set in.

The market has been on a roll since 2012 when Disney acquired Lucas Film. So it has been running hot for a number of years.

It really peaked at the end of 2015 beginning of 2016.

What we are now seeing is a gradual correction.

Most people who jumped back on board have now completed, or come very close to completing their sets.

A lot of fast cash was thrown around, and this drove some items to extremely high values.

Take for example, Engineering Pilots, a figure that is nothing more than a production piece but marked with a sharpie. Most old time collectors scratched their heads with the values these pieces began to command. Not to mention that many are likely to not even be what they were sold as. - Buyer beware.

First Shots too, which are not too far behind Engineering Pilots are commanding crazy sums. Its no wonder some are now sitting unsold.

I would expect pull backs in prices on many items I would class as common. (Production pieces, EPs, First Shots).

It is not all doom and gloom. A pull back is welcome. It may hurt those who bought at the top.

It has also been a time when some big key items finally hit the market. Items not publically seen for a very long time. Hakes has also drummed up decent publicity for the hobby with their auctions.

I wouldn't despair. Vintage Kenner Star Wars will always be in demand. We are just entering another quite period in the hobbies history. It could after all be a good time to be able to add something extremely unique into ones collection.
And by that I mean something more desirable than an EP or First Shot ;-)

Reaction score
I allowed myself to be spoiled on the supposed ending of the Rise of Skywalker, and if true, it'll be another firestorm like Last Jedi. Not a 'bad' ending, but very much a JJ Abrams ending, if that makes any sense

But, there is hope: the Mandalorian. Looks amazing

Last edited:
Reaction score
Disney and the clowns in charge have damaged SW beyond repair. Just my opinion, of course.

Fans are getting older and I'm sure I'm not the only one that said to themself

"Oh my God, they're never going to stop making this stuff."

I said that to myself 20 years ago and sold off almost everything 10 years ago.

For those that are buying anything vintage or modern, you have to understand that when that generation of collectors reach the age when they start dying off, the value of what they collected starts dropping, as well.

Newer generations will not be as interested in what you treasured.

Reaction score
I think it's a situation where the majority of the 2014-2015-2016 speculators/flippers have since vacated the market. Talk about a much needed correction.

The loose figures are still going for high prices, but nice carded figures aren’t selling well now.
Without going all doom/gloom, because I do think the majority of MOC's will outlive us. That doesn't excuse a MOC from accidental damage. One sneeze, a bad fall or a shipping snafu... and you're talking thousands of dollars lost in some cases. And I get it, collect to collect... not to invest, I'm with that 100%... but I'm not certain stuffing $3K into an item that could lose the majority of it's value because of accidental damage is prudent. Maybe other's are feeling/thinking that?

Disney and the clowns in charge have damaged SW beyond repair. Just my opinion, of course.
Hard to argue. TLJ was divisive at best.

For those that are buying anything vintage or modern, you have to understand that when that generation of collectors reach the age when they start dying off, the value of what they collected starts dropping, as well. Newer generations will not be as interested in what you treasured.
Agree to disagree on this point. I believe there will always be value on high-grade, keystone pieces... whether that's vintage Star Wars or trading cards or comics. There isn't a single person alive from the Sweet Caporal T 206 Honus Wagner days and that card, along with many of it's high-grade counterparts, continue to realize extraordinary sums of money. Same goes for the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle... Do I think a 77 back Klaatu will grow in desire/price 30 years from now? No. Do I think a high-grade DT Luke, or Blue Snaggletooth will? Absolutely.

Great topic.

Reaction score
Mocs may have been affected by retro as well. Until the retro line announces its completion, the speculation of more releases may cause newer moc collectors to wait.

Reaction score
I think it will go back up....then down. Then possibly back up and maybe then down again...Lol. Buy what you can afford and what makes you happy! Seems a lot of the "investors" are trying to leave the market at the same time??? K

Reaction score
Mocs may have been affected by retro as well. Until the retro line announces its completion, the speculation of more releases may cause newer moc collectors to wait.
This is where I'm at. Ever since I started collecting Retro I really have no desire to continue purchasing vintage MOC. It's just not worth the price.

Wt

Reaction score
I've mentioned previously, I dont think the ST generated interest in high-end collectibles. Surely there was interest in loose Kenner figures, and the Retro line Hasbro did, because they tend to be more reasonably priced. But loose or carded Kenner figures for hundreds or thousands? No way. I'm willing to bet those that are still spending that kind of money are old fans, not new ones. For many of those figures, their best selling days are behind them. There will always be a market so long as the OT generation is around, but I dont expect anymore significant upswings, most will likely continue to decline. I think consumers in general and many collectors have had it with artificially inflated prices, that's why even with the grand finale to the Skywalker saga, there are people leaving the hobby...

Reaction score
I think there are more collectors now than ever before. Facebook groups have tens of thousands of members, there are more toy fairs than ever before, even Hasbro and other lines are trying to cash in with retro lines in star wars, He Man, Transformers, Ninja Turtles ...even Cabbage Patch Dolls and Care Bears :D Collecting is no longer for nerds but is accepted as main stream now.

If the new movie, Mandalorian and Obi Wan are a success I think the market will go back up, TLJ has left a sour taste in peoples mouths and they aren't interested in Star Wars atm, but it only takes 1 good movie or TV show and everyone will be back, as others have said now might be a good time to buy.

Just as a side note, when looking for what a figure is worth ignore eBay Buy it Now and FB asking prices, these are made up figures by the seller, are usually insanely high and aren't a real indication what people are paying. The best way to find the real price is the Star Wars Tracker app or search ebay listings with Sold and Auction filters on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is where I'm at. Ever since I started collecting Retro I really have no desire to continue purchasing vintage MOC. It's just not worth the price.

Wt
I'm the opposite :D since I got the retro figures I've wanted the real thing more. I cant put my finger on why... For some reason they are missing soul...or character .... I dunno, they just seem a bit faux to me :/

Maybe if Hasbro releases them with yellow bubbles I'll be on board :D :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm all for the market crashing and prices taking a drastic nosedive. I'm in this for the toys themselves and the memories I have associated with them, not the investment. For those who do collect as an investment, well this is what investments do. Sometimes you make money, sometimes you lose money. There is no such thing as a foolproof investment.

Reaction score
I'm all for the market crashing and prices taking a drastic nosedive. I'm in this for the toys themselves and the memories I have associated with them, not the investment. For those who do collect as an investment, well this is what investments do. Sometimes you make money, sometimes you lose money. There is no such thing as a foolproof investment.
I don’t collect to invest but like many others in the hobby I need to sell something before I can buy something. It’s hard to raise any cash, if no one is buying.

I’m totally fine with lower prices, they’ve gotten out of hand since 2012. I think there’s a big difference between lower prices and people only wanting stuff for 2011 prices...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another culprit may be the surge of repros. All of the sudden , there are a bunch of complete early bird stands and sell for less than half of the prices they were going for less than a year ago. You couldn't touch one for less than 300 not too long ago.

Maybe close enough is good enough for the fringe collectors

Reaction score
Another culprit may be the surge of repros. All of the sudden , there are a bunch of complete early bird stands and sell for less than half of the prices they were going for less than a year ago. You couldn't touch one for less than 300 not too long ago.

Maybe close enough is good enough for the fringe collectors
Makes you wonder where all of the recent early
Bird stands came from....

Reaction score
Take for example, Engineering Pilots, a figure that is nothing more than a production piece but marked with a sharpie. Most old time collectors scratched their heads with the values these pieces began to command. Not to mention that many are likely to not even be what they were sold as. - Buyer beware.

First Shots too, which are not too far behind Engineering Pilots are commanding crazy sums. Its no wonder some are now sitting unsold.

I would expect pull backs in prices on many items I would class as common. (Production pieces, EPs, First Shots).

I wouldn't despair. Vintage Kenner Star Wars will always be in demand. We are just entering another quite period in the hobbies history. It could after all be a good time to be able to add something extremely unique into ones collection.
And by that I mean something more desirable than an EP or First Shot ;-)
I agree with this.

Also, the housing / Real Estate market, in general has peaked /slowed the last 8-10 months, end of '18 till now. So the people who may have sold their house / investment property in '13-'18 , and reinvested most of that money in buying something at a bit less money, possibly down sized (yet they got to hold onto some G's as equity , or the difference between selling and buying) . With those thousands of dollars as a net gain, you're either going to reinvest into something else (vintage SW, other real estate, stock market, etc) , buy a car, pay off some outstanding debt, or put it into the bank to live off of (outside chance of helping out close family with some $$, in times of need). Think about it

Reaction score
Makes you wonder where all of the recent early
Bird stands came from....
If you mean the plastic 12 back stand.

Stands have always been available but the stickers and backdrops were scarce in good condition . Now there's a bunch.

Can't help to believe they're repro

Last edited:
Reaction score
For those who do collect as an investment, well this is what investments do. Sometimes you make money, sometimes you lose money. There is no such thing as a foolproof investment.
If you have any kind of money ( $100+) into something, it's an investment even if you really don't think it's an investment. There are many collectors who think like you do, but I'd say the majority need a reality check on what constitutes a "investment" and what doesn't.

If you polled 200 people, and asked random people " is it an investment if you spent $25+ on a loose , used plastic action figure" , I'll bet at least 99% would say "yes, that is an investment."

Many complete , good/nice condition vintage figures now a days are roughly $20-45. If it's a last 15 figure, then most of those are all now $120+ , Tri-Logo Fett , VC Jawa, Wind-UP R2, Blue Snag those can be even more $.

It's all timing. A. DT Luke MOC gets $20k 4-5 years ago on FB. Would it get the same money now?

Reaction score
Also, in regards to loose figures : Do you leave your $20+ dollar loose complete figures out, so that kids/family/ anyone can just walk on by, play with them / use them ? I'd bet most collectors don't do this, thus the reason being is they're preserving their condition in the state they're in (C8.... C9... what ever). By preserving their condition in a point in time, in effect you're treating the item in question as an investment.....because you know it cost you some kind of money to acquire, and relative to other examples in similar condition on ebay, etc the loose figure can fetch some kind of money.

Also, what I noticed from 2010 to 2018 (roughly a 8 year time span), most loose figures had just about doubled in value ( especially last 15 figures). From 2018 to 2020 , could the same figure drop 10% in value, sure anything is possible. In regards to production pieces (MOC's , loose action figures, Micro, cardbacks, playsets , die cast, etc) , out of them all I'd say complete nicer condition Loose action figures are the safest investment to collect , buy/sell / trade. I have my reasons ( don't take up much space, relatively lower cost....+ more) , and I'm sure other collectors share my perspective.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think the biggest difference is intent. Any collectible can be considered an investment, but many collectors don't think of it that way because its not their intent to ever sell their collection. I think many want to maintain their collection, not just out of value, but also because its simply aesthetically pleasing. Others buy beaters and are perfectly fine with that condition, because after all...they're old toys. A drop in "value" for some items wont have an impact on most collectors, its just a hit on the flippers that resell for profit, which frankly shouldn't be a concern for most of us. Many of the resellers are actually a huge part of the problem when it comes to scarcity and artificially inflated prices, so its no wonder some want to see that market crash, allowing these toys to become more affordable.

Reaction score
Its the economy.

The economy has been slowing down and has slowed down, even domestically. Everywhere you look, there are signs things are soft and getting softer. Its normal and part of the economic cycle.

All SW items, in a slow gradual progression will, are and have been coming down in price. This is the time to set back and stalk what you always wanted. I already have in my data base, seeing proofs slowly coming down in price from their 2015-2016 highs. Also, less bidders are showing up at auction on ebay.

The secondary reason is SW has peaked. When all these late entry grading companies showed up, like CAS, I knew the top was close, there isnt a need for CAS or other grading agencies other than AFA and UKG. I am glad I sold my vintage sealed AFA graded items. Feels good to sell an AFA 85 sealed solid belly tauntaun MISB at close to a 1,000 dollars and now see them going for mid 600s on average. No need to hold on to a ticking time bomb in a market where prices have just started to decline.

so glad I made my data base, its been interesting watching price and bidders shy away from paying big prices.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Let the prices keep dropping . I'm going after some high end items. I have no problem paying less. :grin:

In all seriousness, I did over spend ( not on the pieces, but the amount I spent total this year) I actually found great deals. I put some of my collection out for sale but I didn't push it or list on ebay. I was trying to be responsible and pay off my 2 expensive purchases. I'm fine now and still have everything. I only listed pieces I can easily get back.

I did end up with a 2nd stand I bought in a lot, but I'm still sitting on it.

Reaction score
Im in it for the love of the toys. No need to grade them (although most of them would grade high) i like them loose and sure i overpaid for many of them. I simply don't care if they are wothless soon. Everything goes up and down its the nature of collecting.i need about 6 figs for the full vintage set and all of them are way overpriced. I was holding out for the big drop on those.

Reaction score
I think the biggest difference is intent. Any collectible can be considered an investment, but many collectors don't think of it that way because its not their intent to ever sell their collection. I think many want to maintain their collection, not just out of value, but also because its simply aesthetically pleasing.
What constitutes "many".... 60% , the majority? I'd say you're probably pretty close (without polling collectors, to see what their intent is).

It's like buying a house. Sure , it's a roof over your head (very important)... you really don't want to sell it for the most part month to month. When it comes time, and you do want to move are you going to seek out what a good/fair Market value is for your place ? Sure you are, so that you can move that dollar value onto another home to buy, possibly rent.... what ever. It's really not much different with vintage SW collectables. For example, if you no longer have a Luke Endor small focus, but have a few pieces you want to trade/sell , you could offer them to fellow friend collectors for a good deal ( maybe 10-20% under what values are getting on ebay). If you don't know of anyone close that is after the Luke Endor pieces, your next step is possibly Ebay to sell fairly fast, and use that money on other collectables / pay bills , however you want to move that money onto something else.

I'm personally a collector first and foremost. However, I am cognizant of the fact that every vintage SW piece has some kind of value. If at a point in time, a piece no longer strikes my fancy , it's time to sell / trade the piece. In general / for the most part, I am going to expect to receive (after selling fees) about 80-90% of what fair /average market value is for a piece. So I'm primarily a vintage SW collector , but secondarily I am aware that each piece has value and I'll do my best to sell /trade an item (what that time comes) for a good/fair value. That is my reality, I'm fine with that .... not trying to sugar coat anything, it is what it is.

Nothing last forever. Your health is your wealth. People reach 60+ years old ..... possible doctors bills, living expenses , are you going to hold onto that DT Luke MOC until your 6ft under , or sell it for a good/fair value... to help pay for bills while you were alive (or if not, possibly burden your close family to then have to pay for such bills out of your estate) ?!?!? Reality check

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also meant to say, but I don't know of a single collector (ok, maybe Duncan) who collects in a void... has an infinite amount of space, and just buys...buys... buys, with no consideration of space, cost, value , etc.

Pretty much 99.8% of all the collectors I know, eventually have to/ decide to sell something , to help offset the cost of a recent/ near future purchase that is of a larger dollar sum. So you are selling something for money , or you're trading your vintage collectable for money , to then use that money on another collectable. You're obtaining a value on the first piece to be sold , in order to then buy another collectable at what you think is a good/fair / great buy price. Or.... or , some collectors ( I only know a few) will use credit cards, to buy vintage SW collectables , then pay interest on the $1500- $?k purchase, over some months. That happens also, it's real.

Reaction score
By preserving their condition in a point in time, in effect you're treating the item in question as an investment.....because you know it cost you some kind of money to acquire, and relative to other examples in similar condition on ebay, etc the loose figure can fetch some kind of money.
I disagree with this. There is a difference between preserving an item because you care about it and preserving an item so that it will retain its secondary market value.

I preserve many items in my collection simply because they have value to me, not because I intend to ever sell them. Even if I did try to sell some of the items that I assign the most personal value to and make the effort to preserve, I know that I would only get pennies on the dollar in the resale. This fact doesn't change my esteem for the item or make me any less motivated to preserve it. Thus, I can only conclude that the desire to preserve a collection is NOT linked to the desire to protect an investment.

Reaction score
I also meant to say, but I don't know of a single collector (ok, maybe Duncan) who collects in a void... has an infinite amount of space, and just buys...buys... buys, with no consideration of space, cost, value , etc.

Pretty much 99.8% of all the collectors I know, eventually have to/ decide to sell something , to help offset the cost of a recent/ near future purchase that is of a larger dollar sum. So you are selling something for money , or you're trading your vintage collectable for money , to then use that money on another collectable. You're obtaining a value on the first piece to be sold , in order to then buy another collectable at what you think is a good/fair / great buy price. Or.... or , some collectors ( I only know a few) will use credit cards, to buy vintage SW collectables , then pay interest on the $1500- $?k purchase, over some months. That happens also, it's real.
Oh boy... I have used my credit card to buy stuff a few times. Usually when I can't sell something fast enough to buy something else! Also,Duncan is a great example of blackhole collection....stuff goes in not out. lol I have sold Duncan a few things and felt great that he would take care of them in his sw museum! I agree w most of what Adam said,look at the same moc for 25 years and maybe you will want to sell to buy a proof card or something else rare! I look at it as a way to get stuff I otherwise could not afford. Just because I paid $300 for a yakface moc doesn't mean I should feel bad selling at current market value to fund another sw purchase! I bought yak never to sell but time changed that. K

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also I have noticed over the years something is always "hot" I couldn't give away my droids and ewoks moc then a year later everyone wants droids and ewoks. Like the last 17 phenomenon I call it,they made plenty of them but suddenly everyone was after them thus inflating prices. I was just looking at hakes auctions and bids on a rocket fett are well past 100k. Will high end stuff hold its value? Keep collecting and find out!:grin:Can't wait to see what next years "hot" items will be? Don't by proof cards though,horrible thing to collect :p

Reaction score
I made an error. Sorry, I should have started by saying there is a difference between something having *value* and something as being an *investment*. If something is an investment, and say it's worth $1k ( then there is also some kind of value there as well, probably close to $1k). However as an example, a car can have a value of $10k , but is that a sound/ good $10k investment?! Most cars (not collector cars, like more recent in the last 30 years: E30 M3, MKIII or MKIV Supra) aren't an investment and depreciate greatly the first 12 years after being new.

So given that diliniation above ^^ , are all vintage SW collectables "investments" ? I'd say they all have some kind of value ( to the owner, or potentially to some other collectors who collect the same type of collectable), graded or non-graded , however calling a 35+ year old (antique toy) item a "investment" depends on a few elements. 1. is there a market value? Go on ebay, do some research, see if you think your $200 item is fetching that number in the open market, at that point in time . 2. Condition affects value, and thus . 3. The owner can consider the piece an "investment" as their intent when initially buying the piece, but if they unable to sell the piece 1-5 years later for at least their the initial price paid ( then this would be a loss, not a gain). Even if they sold it 4 years later, at a 4% gain, did they really gain given inflation ?

That's my perspective of it all, for the most part. I don't want to get into other factors/ elements that affect value....or if something will be an "investment" at the current / later point in time. Also, think about this: if you have collectors insurance out on your vintage SW collection, then 1. you must attribute some kind of value to your collection so that the total/individual values can be reported to the insurance agency, and 2. by attributing a value to a particular SW collectable (toy, or otherwise), then there is a chance you may consider it being an investment since you spent some kind of money and time acquiring the piece.

I'm not passing judgement on whether or not one should/ should not choose to consider a certain vintage SW collectable as being an "investment", as there can be multiple variables at work that go into acquiring a certain piece in ones collection ( not just $$).

Reaction score
I think for those of us on the FB sales pages, seeing constant wild finds of items believed to be "rare" has demonstrated just how much supply is actually out there?

Reaction score
Also I have noticed over the years something is always "hot" I couldn't give away my droids and ewoks moc then a year later everyone wants droids and ewoks. Like the last 17 phenomenon I call it,they made plenty of them but suddenly everyone was after them thus inflating prices. I was just looking at hakes auctions and bids on a rocket fett are well past 100k. Will high end stuff hold its value? Keep collecting and find out!:grin:Can't wait to see what next years "hot" items will be? Don't by proof cards though,horrible thing to collect :p
I do the same. I also noticed trends. A couple of years back, even prune face was hot for a couple of months.

Reaction score
Lilly Ledy Jawa's, Vinyl cape Jawa's, Dt Luke's, vintage 12 backs are all holding value pretty well still unfortunately.

I was at the Kane County Toy Show in IL for two days (Sat and Sunday) and 3 vendors I was talking too had Blue Snag's with dented toe's in awesome condition and the cheapest offer was for $350. I want to upgrade mine and I was not willing to spend close to that amount. Yak Faces were selling for $275-$350, Luke Stormies were all $250 and Up. 12 backs were insane prices. Red Bar R5-D4's that were graded were selling for $750-$900 (4 graded I saw). There were three ungraded, and a beater sticker one was the cheapest and that vendor wanted $300 for it.

The good sign was many beater/common figures were going for 3-5 dollars a piece! Over 5 vendors had many vintage weapons selling for $5-$15 for weapons and capes/Accessories!
I say shuttles selling for $150 complete. Saw many boxed and loose playsets & vehicles going for "fair" show prices.

I look forward to a dip in prices!!!!!!

Reaction score
Lilly Ledy Jawa's, Vinyl cape Jawa's, Dt Luke's, vintage 12 backs are all holding value pretty well still unfortunately.

I was at the Kane County Toy Show in IL for two days (Sat and Sunday) and 3 vendors I was talking too had Blue Snag's with dented toe's in awesome condition and the cheapest offer was for $350. I want to upgrade mine and I was not willing to spend close to that amount. Yak Faces were selling for $275-$350, Luke Stormies were all $250 and Up. 12 backs were insane prices. Red Bar R5-D4's that were graded were selling for $750-$900 (4 graded I saw). There were three ungraded, and a beater sticker one was the cheapest and that vendor wanted $300 for it.

The good sign was many beater/common figures were going for 3-5 dollars a piece! Over 5 vendors had many vintage weapons selling for $5-$15 for weapons and capes/Accessories!
I say shuttles selling for $150 complete. Saw many boxed and loose playsets & vehicles going for "fair" show prices.

I look forward to a dip in prices!!!!!!
We’re the blue snags and red bar R5’s actually selling at those prices or was that just the asking price? Those types of items are just sitting on FB and not actually selling.

Reaction score
Production pieces like that, I can see /understand deals. Whether it's 10%- 20% under some kind of current market average , some kind of deal ... it's possible , it takes looking/ time ... but they're out there.

Reaction score
We’re the blue snags and red bar R5’s actually selling at those prices or was that just the asking price? Those types of items are just sitting on FB and not actually selling.
Truth be told, blue snaggletooths are very common and exist is huge quantities, and the red bar R5 is a pretty unappealing variation to command so much money. So its no surprise that people will scoff at the high prices these go for, and are now able to sit back and wait for them to come down to a more reasonable level.

Unless you 'need' to sell items. Just hold on. It's swings and roundabouts, and at the moment the momentum has swung towards the buyer.

Reaction score
I've been trying to sell some things this year to pay for other star wars purchases (mostly to pay for rare posters). I'm listing things for a loss and they often still just sit there. I've had to take a few big hits on prices to get anything to sell. It's been mostly OK since I'd rather have the posters.

The mid-range collector is gone. People who came in in 2015 bought some stuff and mostly left. The people who are still here are looking to flip things buy low , grade, sell high. It doesn't work if everyone is doing it.

Reaction score
It's like everything else in the collecting world. Prices and demand fluctuate. It's still pretty crazy when figures like Luke Stormtrooper are selling for $250.