What do you collect and why?

Reaction score
I ask this to everyone here...What do you collect...do you have a focus...and why do you collect the things you do...

I ask this because I have always and only collected stuff related to the Empire and villans...I open everything I have and display it...I couldnt imagine how much room I would need if I collected everything...

My focus is the Empire because I have always liked Vader...and the Imperials have always in my eye had all the cool stuff...
If I would narrow it down my main focus would be Vader...TIE Pilots...Stormtroopers...and Imperial Ships...
I decided when I started not to collect Scout troopers...Snow Troopers and all of the related gear...AT-ATs...speederbikes etc...

Since the prequels came out I started to collect the Sith Lords and the Clones...

So what is your gig and why...?

Reaction score
I dig it all in the basic 3'3/4 stuff. I'm an opener. Right now I display on a mix of 10 dollar white plastic shelves I got a K-Mart a year or so ago. Lately my vehicles have started piling up on the floor due to my lack of room. What I need to do is go to Menards or Lowes and invest in som 12 -18 wall mounted shelves so that I wouldn't be embarressed by the sight of my collection.

Reaction score
My main focus is on Star Wars, although I pick up some GI Joe stuff and I started getting into Marvel Legends right at the time Hasbro wrecked... er... I mean took over the line.

The basic rule for SW is: One of each new unique character and/or outfit variation. And a sometimes exception if a new scuplt is superior to an older one. There's a small shrine-like mini collection dedicated to Bossk and a slightly larger one for Darth Vader (although that's more because it's hard *not* to have a bunch of Vader stuff when you collect Star Wars)

98% of what I buy gets opened up and put on the massive shelf display down in the basement. The remaining 2% (I'm lookin' at you, exclusive McQuarries!) are such space hogging PITAs that they pretty much serve to reinforce this policy.

The shelves are sorta, kinda, laid out thematically, with the pop-up Jabba's Palace and Cantina both packed to bursting, along with the Vintage Death Star & Ewok Village. There's an "Expanded Universe" ghetto with Star Tours figures at one end and some vintage Indiana Jones playsets and my prized Howard The Duck action figure at the other.

The most impressive piece of the collection is probably my USS Flagg, set up across three card tables, and the oddest piece would probably be my pair of Jango & Boba Fett Qee Bears from a theater in Hong Kong. And my favorite piece right now has got to be this year's Vintage Bossk. Awesome figure. Awesome retro cardback. What's not to love!

As for why? Because it's what I grew up with and Hasbro gets better every year. Though, if I had to do it all over, I'd probably have collected the LEGOS instead.

Reaction score
Oh, I was only talking Star Wars. I also collect GI Joe from the 80's, and He-Man, (but not too seriously). I 've got a Flagg and a Terrordrome and a Snake Mountain and a Castle Greyskull with box. A dozen star trek figures from the early 90's, an E.T., A near complete collection af Playmates [censored] Tracy figures, some 89 movie Batmans, a Mr. Miyagi, piles of Ninja Turtles, sewer playset, 2 Ewok Villages, An optimus prime and Jetfire, Talking Darth Vader bank. Really my basement is just piles of my crap that I've never gotten rid of.

Reaction score
For SW, I collect the basic figures, and vehicles. I used to be a completist, but then I quit buying repacks, this year I've decided I need more will power, so I've been passing even on new figures. I also collect GG busts, and have a couple MRs. I like TIE favor the empire more than anything, so when I buy extras, they usualy are Imps.

Outside SW, I collect BSG props and stuff, as well as BSG costumes. I also "collect" airsoft guns, or so it would seem. I love them,LOL.

Reaction score
Pretty much anything that interests me... clones, Jedi, Sith, not many Imperials, any EU... not too many Rebels either.

Reaction score
I mostly only collect Hasbro figures. I don't really have a favorite character or anything. I do like clones but I'm also getting a little cloned out. Cool background aliens are also one of my favorites. Eventually I'd like to get into Gentle Giant or Master Replica stuff but I'm going to need a better job to afford that stuff.

Reaction score
TerdVader said:
I 've got a Flagg and a Terrordrome and a Snake Mountain and a Castle Greyskull... and Jetfire,

Daaaaaang! I was never a He-Man fan, but Greyskull & Snake Mountain were cool! And I had a buddy who had Jetfire. Great toy!

Impressive... most impressive!

Reaction score
I forgot to mention what items I collect...

Mainly Imperial/Sith 3 3/4 in figures and vehicle ships
Imperial/Sith Titianum ships...
Imperial/Sith action fleet
Imperial/Sith micromachines
Imperial/Sith PEZ
Imperial collectors fleet
Imperial/Sith Gentle Giant busts
Imperial/Sith Koto statues
Imperial/Sith Hasbro 12in figures
Imperial/Sith Lego Vehicles
Empire Strikes Back posters/official PIX
Imperial Mcquarrie prints
Imperial mini heads Micromachines
Imperial/Sith Micromachine larger size head/playsets
Imperial/Sith Mugs
Imperial applause 10in figures
Imperial/Sith Unleashed
Imperial/Sith Galactic Heros

Everything I have is still packed up from my last move...so thats about all I can remember at this time...

Reaction score
I collect only action fleet, cos when I'm done getting them...I'm done! lol

I have tons of old Thundercats, He-man, and battle beasts in my attic probably being eaten by mice...

Reaction score
I collect for the same reason as everyone else...because it's fun! Ok, so maybe not the same for everyone. For me, not only is it fun and exciting, going from store to store every week (or whenever possible) going through the doors in hopes of finding something good, combing through the pegs or hoping to catch an employee with a box of something, it's also the excitement of just collecting and the sense of accomplishment when you get what you were looking for! I am a collector at heart...a collector of pretty much anything. However, I collect only SW figures in relation to this area. I collect other things, completely unrelated to these...Shotglasses for instance.

As with SW, I don't have a main focus of character or side. But I collect the Unleashed figures (still looking for many of the 1st cards...I was financially unable to acquire them back then), although I have not gotten into any of the Unleashed Battle Paks. They're really cool, but seem to be endless and a little pricey. Also, I like to collect the exclusives and rarities. These include, but not limited to ones like the Celebration figures, store exclusives like the Target Lava Vader (which I still have the redemption ticket for!), and many others. And whatever else I feel like buying. I think at this point, my favorites are the Lava Vader and the CIV AND CE collector's panel medallion sets. So cool!

Reaction score
Ok I use to collect everything and anything that had Star Wars on it. Then one day I just decide to stop collecting everything and focus just on the action figure line. I have collected almost all of the vintage line. From 1977 to 1985 I just need R2-D2 with pop up light saber. Then I need a lot of Droids and Ewok characters still. I am slowly working on that one. I also collect the vintage machines or Vehicles.

As for the 1995 to now line, I use to be completist but I have once again changed my ways. Now I only buy figures that have not been made before, or the update is really good and it makes the older one look terrible which they do anyway.

I also collect the Neca Harry Potter line.

I was thinking about this the other day, I was wondering if anyone would want to get together and have a swap met. everyone could bring things they no longer want. That way people could trade for them or buy them instead of maybe turning to the internet. The items can be from anything. i just thought that it might be a good idea.

Reaction score
I open everything so I wouldnt have anything to trade/sell...

But Im always up for pints...