What book(s) are you reading right now?

Reaction score
Just started the first non Frank-Herbert Hunters of Dune book - by Brian Herbert (Frank's son) and Kevin J Anderson...

I'm aware that the quality drops significantly - due to the obvious reason of Frank not writing these - however, I'm gonna give it a go, and see where it takes me! :hmm:

Wish me luck!!!! :p

Reaction score
Just started Betrayal from the Legacy of the Force series. Hope it's as good as the Dark Nest series. Not sure that I'll get this series of books read before Force Awakens hits the theaters.

Reaction score
Hoping to start 'The Fate Of Ten'. It's from the I am Number Four series. Anyone read that series.

btw, its a six book long series right now.

Reaction score
I started Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban a few days ago. This was actually the first one I read as a kid. I can still remember reading it for the first time back in the third grade.

Reaction score
I should be finishing up 'Memoirs of a Geisha' soon.
It's a fantastic story! I've always been fascinated by the geisha traditions. Although the story is fiction, it really puts you in their world and lets you see what kind of life they live. Very interesting.

Reaction score
Started Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire today. Rereading the Harry Potter series so far has been like seeing old friends again.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
After finishing Doctor Sleep (loved it, must be made into a film!), I'm back in the world of Krynn with Dragonlance: the Next Generation.

Reaction score
Finished Hunters of Dune - not a bad novel at all (IMO). Not nearly as dire as what many have warned - infact, I was pleasantly surprised, and it left me wanting more (in a good way).

Will endeavour to read The Butlerian Jihad and other related books - if not, to simply see what direction they take...

Reaction score
Finished The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
Good read. Author gets Luke's "voice" in the book. A few long parts with certain things, but overall worth the read.

Also finished Star Wars: The Original Topps Trading Cards Series Vol. 1
Decent read. I mean, what would one expect with trading cards? Some good info on certain cards, and some nice extras.
I never got most of the entire series (five of them), so this is nice to have.

Now waiting for Amazon to deliver Lost Stars. ​Been hearing good things about it, so I'm eager for it to arrive.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I'm about 100 pages into the massive 11/22/63 by Stephen King. Love time travel, love JFK stories, love King's books, match made in heaven!

Reaction score
I'm about 100 pages into the massive 11/22/63 by Stephen King. Love time travel, love JFK stories, love King's books, match made in heaven!
That's a great read, especially with the Hulu release coming up. I just started his new short story collection, Bazaar of Bad Dreams.

Reaction score
just finished Star Wars: Before the Awakening. going to be starting a few of the stand -a- lone novels like Leia's, Luke's and Han's.

Reaction score
just starting Star Wars: Moving Target - A Princess Leia story, next is Weapon of the Jedi and then the Han Solo book. I also have Lost Stars and Heir to the Jedi as well to read.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Between prose novels, I borrowed the collected TPB of Batman: Court of Owls from my local library. About the only New 52 I liked!

Reaction score
Finished Lost Stars a while back. Good read. Better than I had heard.

Now reading Before the Awakening. Decent read. Finn's story has a lot of background info, Rey's is kinda meh except for the end, and just started Poe's.

Reaction score
I really enjoyed Before the Awakening. Poe's story is definitely the best of the three.

I just finished up the TFA novelization, and I thought it was pretty weak. I loved the story of TFA, but Foster's writing style is pretty hackneyed. I appreciate that he had a hand in the earliest Star Wars novels, but he just isn't for me.

I'm now between books, which is frustrating. I have a stack of books that I've been meaning to read, but none of them are jumping out to me right now.

Reaction score
I just finished an Al Capone biography by Luciano Iorizzo, which was a good read, easy breeze through.

I just started Tolkien: An illustrated Atlas. Its interesting but a little dry on the history and characters I'm unfamiliar with. Phenomenal art though. I hate to say I bought it just to look at the pictures...but I bought it just to look at the pictures. ;)

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Started the Dragonlance novel, Dragons of Summer Flame, by Weis and Hickman.

Reaction score
I'm taking a class down at my church right now so I'm ostensibly reading the historical books of the Bible. Work and home life have been insanely busy, though, so all I'm really doing is listening to audiobook versions of them, and half the time just barely listening. Once things calm down a bit I have a long list of stuff I want to read but I'm not sure where I'll start. I've considered going back and reading all the Stephen King books I've never read. The only problem with that is that most of the ones I've missed are from the last 20 years and so much of his recent stuff has been unbearable.

Reaction score
currently reading Adam Gidwitz Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - So You Want to Be Jedi ?
I'm really enjoying these so far. After being so familiar with these films for so long, it's refreshing to have a new take on the events.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying these so far. After being so familiar with these films for so long, it's refreshing to have a new take on the events.
I like the first book of this series as it delve into more of a background of events that happened in ANH and even touched on some of the classic Radio Drama as well. The Empire book is cool in the 1st person perspective and I've even tried doing some of the Jedi mediation challenges as well. looking forward to seeing how the Jedi book turns out.

I'd love to see the authors tackle the prequel trilogy as well as TFA

Reaction score
Just picked up Kenny Baker's "From Tiny Acorns" autobiography.
what a read....

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I'm re-reading the Gears of War novel "Aspho Fields" by Karen Traviss, because I'm on a GOW video game kick again!

Reaction score
I'm about 120 pages into the 5th GoT book. I also have on the back burner the 4th in the Lizbeth Salander series (girl with the dragon tattoo) and also re-bought Tales from Jabbas palace to read up more on Malakili.

Reaction score
I'm re-reading the Gears of War novel "Aspho Fields" by Karen Traviss, because I'm on a GOW video game kick again!
Such great books! Have you checked out her IPs: Wess'har quintet and Ringer series?

I'm working my way through The Expanse currently, TV show got me hooked, I'm about a third of the way through Caliban's War.

Reaction score
Trying to start back up with Orwell's 1984.
But with work being so busy, I kinda just want to relax when I get home.
Well, reading relaxes me too, but some days...

Reaction score
Still not done with 1984.
On pause while I read Me and Earl and the Dying Girl.
Saw the movie a couple of months ago and found out about the book. About half way through it. I think this is one of the first few times the movie is somewhat better than the book. Well, at least the first half.

Once I'm done with that one, I'm going to move on to Star Wars: Bloodline. Enjoyed Lost Stars, so eager to read this one.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I'm into Gears of War: Anvil Gate by Karen Traviss (second reading since it first came out about 6-7 years ago) and slowly making my way through an illustrated Tolkien dictionary by David Day.